main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Acolytes of Revan v.2: Our Dark Lord Is Better Than Your Dark Lord

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Amon_Amarth, Feb 6, 2007.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    As for me, I took a week of work vacation just to play this. Did not regret a single minute. :)

2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Haha that is awesome. In your first play through did you go Jedi or Sith or Gray? :)

3. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    You know me too well. Indeed, I played it three times back then. My first play through was as a Jedi, because I wished to know the Lightside ending. My second play through was as a Sith and some of the Sith choices were very troubling at the time, yet I persevered and unlocked the Sith ending.

Having maxed out both Jedi and Sith powers and secrets, my third play through was 'Grey'. Having 'pre-knowledge' of polar answers and events made trying to play the middle very interesting. That was a lot of fun, except you don't get a cool glow at the end.

Good times indeed. :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I did Jedi each time, and then Gray. Could never stomach full Sith because the choices were so despicable. :p

greyjedi125 likes this.
  5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I must admit, I was surprised at the darkside choices at the time. I was like, 'Woah, that's kind of dark for a Star Wars game' ( little did I suspect what the future had in store for all things SW, lol ). Much later, after playing through Dragon Age, did I understand what the game developers had in mind.

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I was supposed to learn Bioware who made Kotor is Dungeons & Dragons company. So that explains the more mature choices, I mean in Mass Effect there was.. well, mature choices.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Mmm, yes. We'll leave it at that. [face_whistling]

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Aye. Did you ever play the Fable games? I kinda wish there would be SW rp more like that. Less turn based gameplay.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Yes!! I sure did!! Back when I had the original XBOX ( I'm Clan PS now ). My most enduring memory is the end battle with Jack of Blades!!! I was not expecting that and it took me completely by surprise. Died so many times, but I finally beat him. Yeah, that was an absolute gem of a game. I really got good with the bow too! Lots of crits all over the place. But I was too chicken to be evil all the way, cuz the guards would come after you and I just didn't want the stress of sneaking an being run out of town ( and being fined incredible sums of gold ) while just trying to play the game.[face_laugh]

Same for Elders Scrolls and Skyrim!! Stop tempting me with other peoples stuff! They make it too easy to steal and lead a life of crime. [face_rofl]8-}

I believe Kingdoms of Amalur had a similar element in place.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Oh the twist about Jack of Blades and the Sword of Eons was epic! Did you play the expanded version called Fable: The Lost Chapters, it expanded Fable I and you get to explore a lot more locations and Jack of Blades comes back as a boss Dragon, and you can take his mask or not (if you take his mask and wear it, there is consequences). Plus if you choose to leave the Sword of Eons in Lost Chapters you get Avo’s Tear, a good sword from the heavens.

Yeah going full dark was too hard for me because you had tp do human sacrifices at the temple in Dark Woods. Plus I didn’t like the horns or people fleeing you in villages like you were a Sithspawn. :D

greyjedi125 likes this.
  11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Yes, I played The Lost Chapters.

And yes, I took the Mask.

I needed to know. :p

Kato Sai likes this.
  12. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I just started skyrim and it's fun. I'm RPing my character as a lost tourist :p

greyjedi125 and Kato Sai like this.
  13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Ooooh, nice to hear. What class did you go for?

And yeah, just have fun with it, enjoy the experience. The music and the scenery is so breathtaking, you really do feel like you're living elsewhere.

Kato Sai likes this.
  14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Another game I played incessantly was LOTR War in the North. My goodness the orcs I dismembered and, treasure chests I plundered. :p

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Sadly, I haven't played any of the LOTR computer games, because I've always owned a Mac computer. So I def missed out on those. Meh!!

Of course, I would gladly love to hear all about your campaigns, both victorious and other. I do so enjoy a good heroic tale! :D

16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    One of the most epic villains not in Middle Earth canon is Agandaur:
    [​IMG]
    He is Lord of the North under Sauron, and he was a trial to defeat on Hard difficulty. As is defender a Dwarven Mine’s Gate from suicide orcs who have bombs strapped to their backs. I still have nightmares about that, not enough arrows! :D

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I recognize him. That was my avatar elsewhere.*ahem* [face_whistling]

A mighty foe for a mighty hero! :D

Kato Sai likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    First Sephiroth and now Agandaur! You are man of good taste my friend. :)

greyjedi125 likes this.
  19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    We are all in good company here my friend. :qui:

The Force is One. [face_peace]

Kato Sai likes this.
  20. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I don't think I've gotten to the point where you choose that yet. My race is argonian, because if I squint it's a trandoshan :p

21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
  22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Revan easter egg hunting:
    [​IMG]
    Tomorrow is Orthodox Easter.
    :)

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Happy Easter :)

Kato Sai likes this.
  24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
  25. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    OMG! i can't believe this thread is still around. This was my first family on the boards. Long live Revan!