main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I don't know about Ezra; but if Force users do get stronger over time, that would also mean that Ahsoka herself should be pretty powerful.

Prime Jedi likes this.
  2. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018

At most though, shouldn't Ahsoka be Vader-level? And Palpatine, especially by the time of Rebels, is an entire different level of power than Vader. Add to that Sith Sorcery, which takes time and is one of the more powerful dark side abilities, and I'm not even sure if Yoda could stand up to that.

3. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    She deserved more, here's hoping live action one day ;)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Very interesting discussion. At this point in time I would definitely consider her equivalent to a Jedi Master.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  5. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Isn't Ahsoka just awesome? ;)

6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
  7. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I don't think it works that way. Just because you're getting older doesn't mean you're automatically getting more powerful. With age comes experience and more time to train and practice your skills and deepen your connection to the Force, so older Force users tend to be more powerful, but only if they keep actively working on expanding their power.

And then there's the natural Force power limit of each being defined by their midichlorian count, even if many fans don't like this, it is canon coming straight from George. So majority of Force users can never reach the level of Yoda or Anakin, no matter how hard or for how long they train simply because of their biological limits.

But seeing how quickly Ahsoka learned and how strong she was by the time of Rebels, she must have had a very high midichlorian count herself and in an alternative universe where she never left the Order and the Jedi survived, she would have definitely ended up on the Council as a Jedi Master.

Ezra is bit more tricky, as his power levels are a bit inconsistent in the show, sometimes he can barely deflect few blaster bolts, while other times he's mind controlling Imperial troops to kill their friends and then commit suicide. But by the end of Rebels, I think he is officially a fully fledged Jedi Knight and not a weak one either. Ezra probably had much higher Force potential than Kanan and would probably rank pretty high in the old Order as well if he had received full Jedi training from very young age. How powerful he is in his older age depends on whether he keeps practising his Force skills in the UR.

Prime Jedi likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Nevertheless, it makes you wonder when they pick up where they left off from the Rebels' epilogue, if Ahsoka becomes somewhat of a mentor and Master (in name only) to Ezra as she picks up where Kanan left off. I think that would be pretty cool.

9. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    If not for Ezra, then who knows, perhaps another being out in the Unknown Regions? I know it is not a for sure thing yet, but the odds are pretty good that Ahsoka and Sabine will be exploring the Unknown Regions. That could work out pretty good story wise. I mean if I'm a survivor of order 66 whether full fledged Jedi Knight or Padawan, the first place I'd go where I figure the Empire wouldn't be is The Unknown Regions.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    We we're talking about past the Empire; the Epilogue takes place after the events of ROTJ, right? It's the First Order who they'd be running away from; and I'd imagine they wouldn't even be thinking about remaining Jedi at this point (outside of Luke and Rey, to a lesser extent).

11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I worded that wrong, I was referencing the TCW era and the possibility of Jedi Survivors escaping the Empire by heading out of Dodge if you will.

No doubt post ROTJ any Force Sensitives/remaining Jedi would not consider themselves as such.Now that I think about it. From what we know of the Post ROTJ time period there only seems to be a handful of Force Sensitives if that.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well Luke has his Jedi Academy at the time, didn't he? It's not like the Force Sensitives were in hiding like they were in the years following Order 66.

13. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    The number of Force sensitive beings being born in the galaxy is probably a constant, however with no large institutionalised Jedi Order to find them and train them, most of these people just live their lives without ever realising their full potential. They probably have better reflexes, learn very quickly, maybe are good at convincing other people, they instinctively sense danger, etc., but they never realise where their abilities come from. Like Rey before the events of TFA or Ezra before he met Kanan for example.

As for Luke's Order, he is only one man with limited resources, so he can't find and train every Force sensitive out there. Luke probably picked up his students during his travels across the galaxy looking for Jedi lore and artefacts, and from his point of view, it was the will of the Force for him to train them.

14. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Yes very good point.

15. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    My understanding is the number of Force sensitive individuals born each year fell during the Republic Era. At one time there were enough Jedi Knights that they could have fought the Clone Wars without the help of a Clone Army.

16. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    We don't really know that. In old Legends material it was said that the Jedi Order used to be much bigger in the old times, but as far as I know, there is no mention of that in the current canon. And the size of the Jedi Order doesn't necessarily reflect the number of Force born babies anyways. The only thing it reflects is the Jedi ability to identify and train them. We know the dark side is clouding Jedi abilities, so perhaps it also makes it more difficult for the Jedi to identify Force sensitive beings. We even have the case of Anakin in TPM, where the Jedi never identified him, even though he's potentially the most Force sensitive being ever born.

And realistically, the Jedi would never be able to fight a war without some non-Force user support. You need people to take care of logistics, secure territory, operate and maintain ships, etc.

17. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    They already need non-Force sensitives to keep their temple running.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Ashley Eckstein hosting the Women of the Galaxy panel at NYCC.

teamhansolo and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think Ashley was wearing her new Dr. Who (Thirteenth Doctor) outfit from the Her Universe fashion line. It bothered me that it seems like all of the best panels at NYCC this year are during the week (Thursday/Friday); and of course I'm going tomorrow.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  20. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    One of the things I really like about Star Wars is how the actors and actresses -- including the voice actors and actresses -- take ownership of their characters. I think Ashley's love for the character of Ahsoka and for Ahsoka's fans adds appeal to Ahsoka. If Ashley were quiet, reclusive, or unknown, I don't think on-screen Ahsoka would be nearly as popular as she is. It's a treasure for a non-movie character to be prominent in one of these type of books.

That said, it's a bit interesting to think of Ahsoka as a woman (versus a girl / teen). With the Ahsoka novel set so closely after the fall of the Jedi Order, we see the beginnings of wisdom and self-reflection, but not a clear path to the calm, relatively wise woman Ezra meets. I would like to know more about how the Force guided her to be a stronger, more adult person. About her trip to the ancient Jedi temple. How she mentally processes the Universe under the Empire. This could give an explanation to her character journey while connecting with other lore. "She becomes stronger in the Force because she has great potential," to me at least, isn't, in itself, a reason.

21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    That was a pretty good panel I must say.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    A familiar cosplay at NYCC today.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    With Dave Filoni now confirmed to be directing 2 episodes in the Mandolorian series, I can't help but wonder if both will have clues about Ahsoka and Sabine's quest? I'm not a major gambler, but I'd be shocked if they don't get name dropped at some point?

Ahsoka's Tano and teamhansolo like this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I could live with name dropping at least in a live action series. As I've mentioned previously, the only thing that really bothered me about R1 was that Saw's character never bothered talking about his background and the Jedi who helped him and his people reclaim Onderon.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Saw wasn't all there by the time of Rogue One. He was so consumed by hate for the Empire and his endless hunt for the Death Star that he might as well have not been the same man who helped free Onderon. He barely wanted to think about his sister (until the very end at least), let alone anyone else.

Besides, going by Rebel Rising he actually blamed Ahsoka for Steela's death, so even less reason for him to bring her up.

chrcharcor2 likes this.