main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I've read RR and I don't remember him literally blaming Ahsoka for Steela's death. Was it more like he suggested that she could've done more to save her? It's not like Ahsoka pushed her off the cliff.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The quote is "A Jedi was there.........didn't do a damn thing. The Jedi tried to save her, sure, but she didn't". So not blame per se, but either way the resentment is there.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah that's right. Of course he didn't actually see Ahsoka saving her with the Force until the droid ship crashed and she lost her concentration.

4. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I think Dave will slip the Sabine/Ahsoka hints in the TV Show.. and then we'll get that show in 2020 :p I can dream.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I've seen her photos show up on Twitter and Facebook. About as good as I've seen.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I would think that's likely. However, I would like to see Ahsoka's story continue in animation. But I'm fine with a reference in Mandalorian.

9. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree about Ahsoka knowing Anakin and Padmé were married as soon as she met them. It seems a lot more likely that she became suspicious of their relationship over time until at some point (I'd wager during season 4 or 5) there was no doubt in her mind they were more than friends ; that she would know they were actually married is also not sure at all.

10. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I'd say her suspicions were up by the end of Season 1. Specifically the Nuvo Vindi incident where on about three different occasions, Anakin addresses her as "Havuseenpadme" instead of "Ahsoka" and Padme does the "Goodbye, Anakin, I..." with Ahsoka right next to her.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I would say she figured out that Anakin and Padme's relationship was way more than what they were portraying. Just shows how loyal she was to the both of them. She could have easily ratted them out at any point in time, but she instead kept that to herself.

12. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Figured I’d bring this up.

I bumped into Ashley at comic con, talked for a little bit, then before I walked away said something like “looking forward to seeing you as badass Jedi Queen Ahsoka post-ROTJ” and she said something like “I hope so, keeping my fingers crossed!” So take that for what you will.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You could certainly take that for what you will; considering Ahsoka herself didn't acknowledge that she was a Jedi anymore. Maybe Ashley hopes that at some point in the post-ROTJ setting Ahsoka is recognized as a Jedi once again.

14. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I do think that would be a great way for her overall story arc to come to a conclusion.

15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-clone-wars-season-7-ashley-eckstein-interview/

CBR: How does it feel to be back?

Eckstein: Oh my gosh, it's surreal to be back! You know, [it's] the 10th anniversary and I have to say it's something that I didn't think was possible. So the fact that I can say, "Clone Wars saved" on the 10th anniversary of the show is pretty surreal.

Have you started recording yet?

We're currently recording. That's all I can say! [laughs] So it's coming to the Disney streaming service. And that's about it. But, you know, I can promise -- obviously, Dave Filoni is a part of it and he's done his best to bring back a lot of the key people that were a part of the show, pretty much all the cast members and then also some of the main crew members. The stories are incredible, the people are incredible and anything that Dave Filoni touches is going to be amazing.

We've seen Ahsoka as a young girl in Clone Wars and then as a much older woman in Rebels. How has your approach to voicing her changed now that we've kind of hit her at another age entirely?

Well, it's so funny because, after Clone Wars and when I jumped into Rebels, it was actually pretty hard for me to do Rebels Ahsoka because she was that much older and she was a whole lot more like Obi-Wan rather than Ahsoka from Clone Wars. She was more of the mentor now, the teacher, and so it took me a while to get into that role, and then now I have to go back to Clone Wars, so I have to unlearn everything that I learned and that place I went to for Rebels Ahsoka and go back to Clone Wars Ahsoka and really, I mean, this is after she walks down those steps. So, you know, she's still around the same age, so age-wise I know I can -- because I would change my voice according to her age -- so age-wise I kind of know I can get my voice back there, but she's also in a different place because she just left the Jedi Order and she's dealing with all those thoughts and emotions and questions of, like, "What happens next?"

How does the dynamic between Ahsoka and Anakin change?

That's a great question! I don't know the answer to that. [laughs]

Have you been recording solo or as an ensemble?

You know, actually, with Star Wars, we've always taken the ensemble approach. So I love that about Clone Wars and Rebels. From day one, it's been really important for Dave and the rest of the team to record it like an old radio drama and to all be there in person, so it's incredible. We come together for cast records and we're able to really kind of build that camaraderie, which -- for us, after working together for so long -- we've become like family.

Has this season presented any new challenges for you?

No! I mean, so far, like I said, it's just kind of going back to that Clone Wars place and making sure my voice sounds younger, because now she's -- what? -- probably like 16 vs. in Rebels, she was in her mid-30s. So yeah, just kind of going back to those teenage years and obviously in Rebels we saw that Ahsoka finds out that Anakin is Darth Vader and so we obviously see where their relationship goes.

Is there anything you would like to say to Clone Wars fans in light of the seventh season renewal?

Well, I just want to say thank you. I mean, thank you to all the fans who kept the dream alive, I guess you could say with #SaveTheCloneWars. I have to say I'm one of those people that I believe the possible is possible and kind of never give up hope. Star Wars taught me to always have hope. But I think maybe I was too close to it, because Clone Wars coming back was the one thing that I thought would never happen. I have to say, you know, thanks to the fans for never giving up hope, because they never did! It was like literally a couple times a week I would see Tweets from fans saying, "Save The Clone Wars" and I was like "Aww, that's nice, but I don't think it's going to happen." And then, when I got the call and they said that it was coming back, I couldn't believe it! I was like, "Oh my gosh, the impossible is becoming possible!" and then to see #CloneWarsSaved. I have to give the credit to the fans, because the fans never gave up.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ashley is such a geek at heart; ya gotta love her. Even in an unscripted interview she could flawlessly paraphrase a familiar SW expression without a second's notice.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    TheCloneWarsForever likes this.
  17. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I love her aha she's one of the many great people within the star wars family and here's to hoping more from her After TCW

18. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Audio files for the worst Star Wars character? ;)

20. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    I see a list of files from... I don't know what, a video game probably? Without context it's hard to know.

21. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    EA Star Wars Battlefront 2, a video game

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Well, I'm glad that they didn't also forget about Padme, it would have been ridiculous to bring Ahsoka before a movie lead character, no matter anyone's personal feelings about that character.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

I don't see what's so bad about Padme. I thought she was fine. And Jar Jar isn't in that list.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I'd love to debate, but in lieu of my Grandmother passing away, I think I'll bite my tongue.

Ahsoka is the best though. :)

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Sorry, I was referring to Grievous.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018