main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    If you’ve seen the conclusion of Rebels, Ahsoka returns post-ROTJ as a wiser, older character with a wizardly appearance. Of course Filoni isn’t making a one-to-one comparison, as Gandalf is a spirit, and a spirit in a male form. But there’s nothing wrong with doing what he’s doing. Personally, I think he’s hinting at a wizardly role for Ahsoka in some future medium.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    jakobitis89 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  2. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I hope what he uploaded means that she will soon appear either in Resistance (though that show is sooo boring) or in IX.
    Or even better, a show of her own... I would lose it if that happened.

However, I don't see Gandalf anywhere. I see... Ahsoka. The quote by Tolkien does not mean anything other than it's poetic and it fits her. There are no comparisons with Gandalf in my book.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Findswoman and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Uh no thanks. Arwen as Aragon's love interest and Eowyn as the lovestruck girl who's destined to be the third wheel in that other relationship? Not for Ahsoka's character. I don't see what the problem is of considering her for the Gandalf-like role. She'd act as a guide to Force Sensitive beings after the fall of the Empire (maybe before Luke started his own school). Just a thought.

4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    To be fair, Arwen is Aragorn's love interest as much as Aragorn is Arwen's love interest. She holds her own and she is a great character on her own.

5. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    In PJ's movies, not so much in the books.

Roosterq likes this.
  6. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    There's no problem in giving Ahsoka a Gandalf-role, or any other role for that matter but when DF starts to actually dress her up as Gandalf, with an actual frigging magic stick, that's too far...

revan772 and Vialco like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think there'd have been just as many people screaming about it if she was given Kenobi's robes.

8. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    As I’ve said on Reddit, love the quote and artwork but Ashoka the white is a terrible idea on the whole.

In my opinion a perfectly fitting end would’ve been her fight with Vader. It would’ve been tragic but right. Instead we’re now left with a Gandalf knock off who conveniently misses all major intersections of the saga but still present for some reason.

Honest question - how do Ashoka fans actually see her character wrapping up fittingly? What could be more fitting than fighting Vader after realizing his true self? For myself I can’t see anything that even comes close - a final last stand will pale in comparison, a sudden out of blue death will lack weight.

I just don’t see it and for me it’s sad because I like the character a lot. I just think she’s more than served her purpose. Sabine could’ve gone to find Ezra alone.

Troy_Viszla and Vialco like this.
  9. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    She's basically the daughter of mortis now as ahsoka the white theres really not much she really can do. she should Wax lyrically to new force users and Luke while he builds his temple. Not counting whatever happens during her and sabine's search for Ezra . Her and Snoke meeting might be Kool but other then that maybe she restores mortis or fights whatever is left of the Son (remember Anakin killed him with his saber not the dagger even thou the son was linked to the father when he stabbed himself something of the son should still be around) or they might go full crazy and recanonlize abeloth as ahsoka's final villain . theres no one really to bring back that will give her an emotional weight barring Barriss but that sailed . The final thing would be pure fan service but we could have a recanonlized Galen Marek, Lumiya and Ahsoka triple threat to find out who is the best apprentice of the chosen one .

10. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    Maybe because of who worn them, not because of what they look like. Kenobi's robes are just your basic robes worn by most Jedi with less fancy than those seen in the prequels. His outfit gives him a modest, almost poor look. Ahsoka the White's outfit is very much the opposite of modest. Actually it's funny cause the difference can be seen in The Two Towers when Gandalf wears a very plain cloak on top of his robes to disguise his new self and take Saruman's minions by surprise.
    The cloak he wears on top are Kenobi's robes. What he wears underneath is Ahsoka the White's outfit. The difference is literally night and day.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I personally love the direction Dave Filoni has taken her character. I would love nothing more than to learn that she has been in the Unknown Regions since post ROTJ recruiting Force Sensitives to be the New Jedi Order. :)

whether we get a fett story, Obi-wan movie more big three stories, they all are fan service in some way or another. Why is it that Ahsoka fans get clubbed over the head all the time when we ask for some fan service?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  12. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    I can respect what other people want but for me this would probably be the single worst thing that could happen. What’s the point of episodes 4-9 if it means Ahsoka has been chilling in the UR and can swoop in with a NJO and save the day?

I think it has to do with the level of fan service that is wanted be specific fans. Both Kenobi and Fett fans are in my opinion a bit more grounded with their expectations - Kenobi really only has his exile left and Fett (if he escapes the Sarlaac) will just continue to do badass blunt hunter stuff. Neither groups of fans expect them to do much outside of what they were doing prior.

Unfortunately with Ahsoka, Filoni has shifted her from being a lost Jedi fated to finding out her masters true nature to some Gandalf the White messiah type character and as such some fans would relish developments that would support that notion.

Her fan service has now expanded past Surviving through order 66, which was in the realm of probability, to raising a NJO to save the day negating the point of episodes 4-9. In a way it shifts the fulcrum of the galaxy (at this stage) from the Skywalker conflict to the secret life of Tano.

Despite being immensely popular many fans don’t want a that sort of monumental shift in who is the primary beacon of light in the galaxy as it feels incredibly abrupt, heavy handed and forced.

Ideally for me Ahsoka remains out in the UR (if that’s where they are) finding Ezra with Sabine but never return. She does not need to be a messiah type character That returns with an NJO or words of wisdom for Luke or Rey. She simply finds Ezra and disappears.

13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I disagree 100%, but to each their own. We will have to wait and see what happens. How exactly would it negate episodes 4-9 anyway?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  14. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    When I talk about negating episodes I’m talking on a story level not “in universe”. If Ahsoka created a new jedi order it would make 4-9 unnecessary because it negates the purpose of Luke and now Rey - recreate the Jedi Order and bring peace to the galaxy.

Thematically Luke, and now Rey, are designed as the sole bastions of light in their eras, hoping to defeat evil and restore the Jedi order. We have yet to see episode IX but it is almost guaranteed that good will prevail over evil - this is Star Wars not Game of Thrones.

If a plot element involving Ahsoka recreating a secret NJO in the UR is established it diminishes the narrative impact of Luke/Rey’s journey. They are no longer the sole bastions of light, in fact they are now inferior as this new bastion is a group of force users led by a messiah like figure spanning all eras and a vast knowledge and link to most major players.

Not only that but they wouldn’t be introduced just to exist in isolation. As I said previously this is no Game of Thrones and so it would be terribly unlikely to have the answer to Luke and Rey’s ultimate goal realized without their input before ultimately being wiped out almost immediately and so they would instead persist and prevail in defeating evil and restoring peace. All without the help of Luke/Rey. Even if there was some coming together and teaming up it would still attribute victory to Ahsoka over Luke/Rey lessening their narrative importance. They wouldn’t have saved the galaxy without Ahsoka and her NJO.

In my opinion the introduction of an Ahsoka led NJO would void pretty much all the previous episodes as it shifts the thematic focus from the Skywalker conflict to how Ahsoka saves the galaxy, a role she was never meant to fill.

Dorryn likes this.
  15. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    I agree, but that's not what I meant. I was comparing Ahsoka to Arwen and Eowyn in terms of fighting skills (even though we ended up not seeing Arwen fight she was meant to be good at it) and strength of character.
    Need I remind you that fictional women shouldn't be defined just by who they're in love with? ;)

I really don't wanna see Ahsoka lead any kind of Jedi Order, especially after we heard her repeat in Rebels that she is NOT a Jedi. She doesn't really strike me a large group leader in any case. We've seen her manage small groups, but to lead an entire Order (Jedi or other) is another matter entirely.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    She's managed battalions on her own during the Clone Wars of course; and if the argument is that she was never a Jedi Master and therefore doesn't belong as a leader of Force Sensitive beings, I beg to differ. She's been through more than enough over the course of her life (not to mention being trained by the Chosen One) to have experience to be a fine leader.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  18. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    I feel like Ahsoka has been the leading way in the creation of great female characters in canon since 2008. Particularly in the animated department.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Not just animated IMO.

20. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    Leading military troops is one thing, leading a spiritual order is another. I just don't see her doing the latter. It's not that I believe she is not qualified, I just feel the role wouldn't suit her.

21. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    In all honesty she’s more qualified than Luke - actually served under numerous Jedi before the fall and had sustained training from a young age. Luke only got half hour with Ben on the falcon and then a couple of timey-wimey months with Yoda.

You are correct though she is not at all suited to leading an NJO. That’s just wishful thinking.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If she's "more qualified than Luke" but yet isn't suited to lead an NJO; who is?

23. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    My original post was worded badly and I probably could’ve used a better word than qualified. It was more to do with how unprepared Luke really was for the burden of starting a NJO. If not for Snoke and Ben he would’ve been successful. My reference to Ahsoka was comparing that she’s technically had more official training as a Jedi.

Luke was entirely more suited to lead a NJO. Presumably in IX Luke will pull from his experience of actually starting an order and instruct Rey on how to carry on the Jedi legacy.

If Ahsoka was to start an NJO she squandered entire eras not doing just that. Her remaining path is to find Ezra and bring him home (for some reason). There’s nothing wrong with that being her endgame. I look forward to that story but she will never start a Jedi Order.

24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I think a lot will hinge on her and Sabine's journey to find Ezra. I have this feeling that there will be some big things that take place during the search for him. Just how big? Who knows, but this is the Unknown Regions we are talking about here. Who knows what lies in wait out there. Not sure Thrawn even knows for sure.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm gonna take a guess here and take note from LOTR. Ashoka is gandaf and Sabine is Bilbo/Frodo, and together they are going on an adventure, but along the ride a darkness is growing hidden and won't reveal itself yet like Sauron from the hobbit book. Like Bilbo and Frodo, Sabine is goona have make choices and be challanged in ways she could be prepared for. And like Gandalf when his journey is over he travels with the elves to the white shores. Ashoka will travel to the white shores aswell in the star wars universe, but was does that mean?
    Well the white shores is kinda like Heaven in Tolkien's world i believe. So that means she could go peacfully to a place, like where Yoda went where the force was created and she die peacefully. I don't think she will go out like the other jedis who were taken out by the sith or knights of ren. She had her fight with Vader, i doubt she uses her lightsabers anymore, she might have in case of last resort. the only outcome i can think of that stands in her of a peacefull death is Snoke. I think of Snoke like Sauron who assembles his power decades before his time to strike, and only people who could stop his attack is Ashoka, no other is strong enough to stop him in the force. Thrawn might slow him down with the chiss but ultimatley he wins. I think she will never return from the unowkn regions, Luke was either there with her and knows here faith or he hears from it from others.