main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'd guess if/when the decision is made to pick her story back up they will do it in animation and novel form. Perhaps comics as well.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  3. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    I had a dream lately about TROS where you saw a Togruta in a white coat in the Background.
    A real role would be really loved by me. And my cat. But Ashley has to voice her, otherwise my cat won't like it. (My cat purres whenever Ahsoka opens her mouth.

chrcharcor2 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I doubt Ashley would be picked for a live action role in full Ahsoka costume (she hasn't really been in a live action role in over a decade); but it's not like there isn't a plethora of people who could take up the role. Rosario Dawson really wants to play Star Wars' Ahsoka Tano

Ash_Satine likes this.
  5. Ash_Satine

Dec 5, 2017
    She could still voice her. Like they did with Maul.
    With Ahsoka it would be strange if she sounds different.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I would love to see Ahsoka in live action. I think the hardest part would be getting her lekku and montrals correct as sometimes they don't look quite right when seen on some cosplayers. Maybe they would be CGI'ed like Alicia Vikander's skull in Ex Machina.

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Yech! You caused me to have to go back and watch that video. It's at 25:33ish minute mark where he says he doesn't like Ahsoka Tano.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Then there's always this one :)
    [​IMG]

rumblewagon likes this.
  9. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    The Witwer/Park Maul works for a few lines of dialogue in hologram form, and anyone can voice a fully CG character, but there's absolutely no reason a Togruta would be fully CG in a live action setting and I really don't think having one actor dub another would work for a character with lots of extended dialogue.

It seems like this We Got This Covered outfit is just throwing out every fanservice-y theory out there as if it were a nearly confirmed rumor, but hey, here we are. I would prefer Ashley in the role. I'm sure it depends on the media and prominence of the character, realistically: if they're doing "Ahsoka: A Star Wars Story" as a film (which I doubt) they are going to get a marquee name into the role. If it's a cameo or a recurring character in an ensemble TV show, a thing for fans, not casting Ashley would likely upset more people than it would please.

10. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    Honestly, I don't want Ahsoka in live action as I feel whoever directs the character would mess up the character.

I've seen this happen in the MCU, DC, and Harry Potter.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's not beyond the realm of possibility that Dave Filoni himself would contribute to a live action feature involving Ahsoka; he certainly gave his support to E.K Johnston's novel.

12. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    I mean J.K. Rowling did the same thing and look what happened. Ron and Hermione because different characters from the books and changed public view on the characters

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Um oh yeah...people just hated the HP movies. [face_thinking] I guess I missed that.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  14. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    In terms of how they adapted the story, then yeah. Only casuals enjoy the movies?

15. Ash_Satine

Dec 5, 2017
    Doesn't the messing-up-potential depend on the time they would bring Ahsoka to live action?
    Ahsoka is, in a way, already messed up. Not by the writers but because of her experiences. When she got back to Malachor it was just right the time Vader left there. So Ahsoka probably tried to find answers - just to distract herself from the knowledge she now has. Who knows if the Force gave a vision about Luke/Leia? And even if not, Ahsoka knew from Ezra that Kanan died, a situation that, when Ahsoka went back, was in her future - a future that she wasn't allowed to change.

Basically Ahsoka had to sit everything out, knowing exactly when, where and why a friend (Kanan) would die. Someone like Ahsoka has to be messed up after that. Not to mention the thing with Anakin/Vader.

So if they aren't doing a "Ahsoka's camping trip on Malachor" but something after Endor, most people will complain anyway that the character got ruined because Ahsoka will never be the person she was when we met her the last time.

16. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Ahsoka not being the "person she was" year to year was a huge part of her appeal. The key isn't being a static character, it's making sure that the changes are believable. You can do it right (Filoni during TCW) or you can do it wrong (The Sequel Trilogy.) You can avoid the problem by sticking to a time period where her life was already covered in previous media, but that doesn't mean its inevitable they'll mess it up by exploring outside.

BTW, the Malachor and time-lock experiences wouldn't mess her up at this stage of her arc. She'd hurt internally but still persevere. If they didn't do it that way, that would be the writers messing it up.

17. Ash_Satine

Dec 5, 2017
    @TheCloneWarsForever i'm with you there. Ahsoka had to change and has to change. I must meant that there will be enough people who might not see it. BTW I do get behind Luke's change (although I could use some more context).
    Anyway I would love to cover the time between her book and Rebels. The PT and dark times-stuff are my favorite and I would so love to see her teaming up with Sabé.

But I don't think that Malachor and all that stuff hasn't an effect on her. Ahsoka always tried to help. I think it will affect her in some way to sit back and watch, especially all while the Lothal stuff happened. That wasn't just a vision she'll never knew if it becomes true or not, it was a real thing and she could easily define the time and place. She will know that she has to sit back and get over it, but I don't think that there aren't some thoughts about it. I don't think that it would break her but for me it should be used as an explanation why she might sit something out later. Actually I would be disappointed if something so massive would never be mentioned again or affects her in any way. While there wasn't a thing she could do for Anakin, there was a real good possibility (one that would have changed time) to save Kanan. Like, taking his fall.

I just can't imagine that something like that won't have a lasting effect on her or anyone.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

Personally I don't think Ahsoka is as affected by her experiences through the mysticism of Malachor and the time realm as she is with the people she's come across through the years. Obviously Anakin had influenced her more than anyone; but Rex too and later on Kanan and Ezra. We don't know too much but obviously as she became Fulcrum, Bail Organa played a role in shaping her future, albeit short, with the Rebellion.

19. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I think being pulled from the timeline will have an impact on her psyche. Whether she would have survived her duel with Vader remains debatable, but if Ezra altered the natural course of events, perhaps he was even going against the will of the Force? Though, it can equally be argued, the will of the Force was working through Ezra to save her for some unseen purpose. If that's the case, she needs to do something significant in the post-ROTJ or even ST era.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Another article regarding Lucasfilm to include a live-action Ahsoka Tano

One thing on the back of my mind is that if these rumors turn out to be true, I'm almost dreading the potential for Ahsoka's name to be appearing on a thread or two in the movie forums. You know how many of those members who frequent those threads are critical of any now canonized characters from the TV series, especially Anakin's Padawan.

Ash_Satine likes this.
  21. Ash_Satine

Dec 5, 2017
    I'm more afraid about reading that the movie will be terrible as soon as the first word of the script has been written. I try to use these parts of the forum extremely selective.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well considering they've already been bashing the ST movies up to this point, any subsequent movie released by the Mouse House will have already a lowered bar.

23. Ash_Satine

Dec 5, 2017
    Seems like selective surfing is in order then.

TLJ was my turnaround from Facebook. I so was not amused by people telling me in November how bad it all will be. Trust me, Germans win all complaining competitions by length.

Maybe I should thank them. Life's so much quieter without FB.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ironically enough, personally I avoided going into this thread during the first several months or so it was created. Todd had created it to use as a venue to essentially say whatever you wanted about Ahsoka, and the critics took advantage of it. I found myself angry and defending her too much; to the point where I might've said something I shouldn't have and was kicked out from the forum for awhile.

Ash_Satine likes this.
  25. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Eh, the critic posts don't bother me anymore. They did back then when this thread started but looking back, I know now that my real ire was not them but the fear that Lucasfilm would actually cater to that audience.

One climb down the Ghost ladder, one TCW revival, one Ahsoka/Vader fight that decidedly did not end with her death and one post-ROTJ Gandalf cosplay later and... well, that fear has thoroughly evaporated. We've won the war - the complaint posts just go right in one ear and out the other now.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Ash_Satine and Ahsoka's Tano like this.