main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Luke: Aunty Ashoka where are you?
    Ashoka: Here my darling nephew:p

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Interestingly enough, there isn't much fanart involving Ahsoka and Ben Solo; but I did find this.

[​IMG]

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I actually doubt she continnues the Ashoka white and get a new look. I actually wonder how Luke and Ashoka meet goes. And how mutch he knew off her from people like Hera, Rex and Mothma. Leia might have seen her when meeting with Bail on Alderaan. Also Anakin probaly told him.

4. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    Aside from the question if or when they've met (sorry, I would give much to get a whatever-medium with Ahsoka and Luke at a campfire gossiping about all the stupid things Anakin did at good times, obviously with Artoo providing videos and Rex giving his five cents) there is something I noticed.
    The bookside show her with knights and Masters. Luke just says that she never got the rank of a Master because she went her own way, but wouldn't this mean that sometime she's considered a knight?

5. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    [Shrug] - The Council did attempt to bribe her with a Knight promotion to get her back, but I doubt that would have gotten out unless Anakin in SOM gave her an unofficial field promotion to "Jedi Knight" to go along with the unofficial field promotion to "General" that was hinted at in the concept art. And with the Jedi Temple in ruins, who's gonna go back and check the Jedi personnel records?

[Real world] - I wouldn't take products like this too seriously as canon legalese.

Ash_Satine and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  6. Ash_Satine

Dec 5, 2017
    I don't either. This was just the thing that practically jumped at me.

7. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    While they did say she displayed the "mark of a true knight" or something like that, they didn't actually say she'd be knighted on the spot if she came back. They strongly hinted at it yes but it might only have come after some time. We will never know. I mean to become a knight after a little more than 2 years of apprenticeship, that would make Ahsoka an even greater prodigy than Anakin, and that goes against what we've always been told about Anakin being second to none except his own son.
    I do agree though that it was certainly a bribe or, to put it more diplomatically... No there's no diplomatic way to put it. I often wonder if she'd had taken it had the offer not be made so poorly. Admitting that they simply screwed up instead of going all "The ways of the Force are impenetrable" would have certainly gone a longer way.

Yeah, I wouldn't either.

8. Ash_Satine

Dec 5, 2017
    I think it was at least the last kick to leave. Whenever she screwed up, she apologized. And I think that's something that even Anakin expected her to do. And the council? I think Plo apologized but no-one else. And telling her of her great achievements that where .. what, a day before? ... her greatest failures.

That brings me to something I'll curious about. We know she's a talk with Anakin on Mandalore. I wonder if there's one with Obi-Wan. Maybe he at least realizes that apologizing doesn't mean to lose a limb.

9. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Good question. Hopefully they drop another trailer for TCW 7 that shows something like that happening. I know she always had a soft spot for Master Plo, but in all actuality, Obi-Wan was more like a father to her than Plo was. So I'd have to imagine that she would talk to him if she had the chance.

Part of me hopes that Ahsoka does have a chance to say goodbye to Obi-Wan before he faces Vader in ANH.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Ash_Satine likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I never really thought of Kenobi as a father figure to Ahsoka. He told her things about Anakin that he'd never say to her himself.

11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Perhaps you are right. I just always felt that Ahsoka did have a bond with Obi-Wan as well, it wasn't nearly as strong as it was with Anakin, but it was there.

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  13. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    Yes, I do hope for such a conversation with Obi-Wan. After having to listen to him roast her on Utapau, that's the least Filoni can do right? :p

Ash_Satine likes this.
  14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I have a hypothesis. Filoni had Ahsoka live beyond Vader, so Anakin's ghost could finish her training.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Trying to stay away from rolling eyes gif...........

16. Ash_Satine

Dec 5, 2017
    I totally forgot about Utapau. That was ... I don't know what to say. Way below the waistline (I would say "unterste Schublade")

I'm biased as I love Ahsoka and her interactions with Anakin. But ... right from a out-of-universe POV I was so disappointed in the council and, des, hated them while watching the scene. Not because they're Jedi, not because what happened. Just because their inability to apologize.
    I mean Star Wars is for all age groups and what does it paint for a picture if the wise adults don't apologize?
    I still imagine watching it with a kid and having to explain why a kid is tought to take responsibility for one's Action and apologize, but these "idols" don't?

And Obi-Wan blaming Ahsoka on Utapau for the mess he helped creating? Did he want to get Anakin on his side by agreeing with the things Anakin mostly said because he himself was too afraid to leave?

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The main thing I got out of the council scene was Ahsoka's own reactions as it was playing out. You look at her reactions as the Masters talk to her about this so-called "trial" that they claim it was, and ultimately she folds her arms by the time Windu carries on the conversation.

Ash_Satine likes this.
  18. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    I think at some point, long before the Clone Wars, they were indeed the wisest people around and they took the best possible decisions. So they gradually forgot how to be humble and apologize. In their minds : they are the Council, they CAN'T be wrong. Padawans can screw up. Knights can screw up. But the Council is an instrument of the Force, it doesn't make mistakes.

You can add not apologizing to the list of bad examples set by the Council. On that list we have :
    - Allowing toddlers entry into a room where the harsh realities of war are discussed and messages from the enemy displayed uncensored (the two younglings in the episode where Grievous captured Master Koth and tortured him on holo)
    - Covering up for a Padawan after she blatantly lied to her Master (Plo Koon claiming he did send Ahsoka to the Citadel mission)
    - Oh hell how about this : sending a 14 years old girl to the front line of a full scale war so that she can learn the ropes ? And Ahsoka wasn't even the only kid they did that to.
    And certainly other things.

Anakin was being Anakin. He missed Ahsoka a lot, which manifested itself in anger and he directed that anger at the wrong target as he always does. Of course he blames the Council too but Ahsoka can't defend herself can she? Well we'll see how the reunion goes in season 7 but judging from their interactions in the trailer and the snippets I'd say Anakin will leave for Coruscant at peace with Ahsoka's decision and confident she is where she should be. Ironically I think on Utapau Anakin is angry for the same reason we are : because the last time he saw Ahsoka she was sad and confused and he could only imagine how and what she was doing.

About this things Obi-Wan said on Utapau. I think he was still too arrogant at this point of his life to acknowledge that he could screw up. It's gonna take the fall of the Jedi and especially Anakin's fall for him to open his eyes. The one concession that he made was "mistakes were made". Notice how he doesn't say "we made mistakes"? He is ashamed of what he did, or rather what he didn't do. He knows what happened was wrong, that much is clear from the look on his face when Anakin shouts "this meeting is just a formality !" and he did not stop it. He would say that he tried to, but Jedi aren't supposed to "try" are they? So in order to shield himself from the shame brought by these events and to avoid realizing that he needs to be better, he keeps telling himself that Ahsoka did the wrong thing by not coming back. It's called cognitive dissonance and it's a very human trait. Probably not a very Jedi trait though.

If I were the religious type, I would pray that we get a good resolution on Obi-wan vs Ahsoka in season 7. They will talk, that much is almost guaranteed, and I can only hope Obi-wan will walk away feeling a little less self-righteous and not as easy to call Ahsoka a failure.

I agree. The more the Masters were ranting, the more you could read "are you guys for real?" on her body language.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015

A rather cheeky response from Dave Filoni here. I've seen many of his interviews, and I don't recall ever hearing him chuckle about something before. I mean he does at times skirt around the question. But the way he answered this one intrigues me.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I like that he dosen't outright denies it could happen.

21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    He could have been chuckling about another one of his animated characters being brought to live action. Like Bo-Katan for the Mandalorian for example.

22. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    That line has already been crossed (Rogue One)

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah but Saw was minor character in TCW and Maul was live action first. So be intresting if took a main character from animations in to live action. Hondo is already live action and he was a reccuring character.

24. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    Rogue One featured a live action Chopper as well. That's already a higher level of presence than a recurring character such as Hondo or Bo Katan (the other hypothetical cited in this thread.)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah but he's a robot and they simplier then aliens and he was in what 3 seconds, its a miss and you wound't know it.