main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I learned something interesting from the Wook regarding the TCW movie.
    Just imagine how people would've reacted if the show started off with Ahsoka already being Anakin's apprentice. No introduction, just her being her usual snippy young self that rubbed so many people the wrong way (for the record I wasn't one of them :p), without any explanation of why she's there or how she fits into things. Would that have significantly worsened people's reaction to her?

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I skipped the TCW movies and didn't go back and watch it until after season 5. Not the only one either. There were two buddies on here back during the original run who refused to ever watch the movie. And I don't remember either being a big fan of Ahsoka. Maybe it does hurt not to watch the movie first but I've often felt the movie runs people off. It's really not as bad as people make it out to be until the movie gets to Tatooine and then I fall asleep every time. I don't even fall asleep in the Mon Cala arc which is also pretty boring. So I met Ahsoka in the Malevolence arc. At times in season 1, she undeniably got on my nerves but I quickly just excepted her for what she is and how hypocritical it is for me to be annoyed by her when I generally like similar characters. What really works for Ahsoka is her personality reminded me of a lot Rei Hino or Sailormars in the Sailormoon franchise. That's probably more true going through my rewatch with the finale in mind. Dare I say Ahsoka has grown on me a little more.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  3. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    It hurts that we won't get Anakin/Ahsoka interactions anymore unless we see later down the line Force Ghost Anakin visiting her

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  4. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    Agreed. I always saw Ahsoka being more talented with lightsaber wielding than pure Force wielding. This is why I'm not a fan of her "Ahsoka The White" appearance which gives me the impression she's become a pure Force wielder.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That was always the outcome though

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Don't worry Anakin will hanut Ahsoka as spooky ghost he is

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The Ahsoka the White appearance was one of the best things Filoni did in Rebels, IMO. Any echoes of Middle Earth are welcome in Star Wars. I thank Filoni for that.

dick rodgers and Darth Nave like this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Ahsoka the white i feel fits her character, I wonder witch tolkien character Anakin would be i know he's someone, Palpatine i feel would be Morgoth.

9. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Very well done tribute.

10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Anakin might be closest to Turin Turambar, I think. Or perhaps Boromir - seduced by power for the purpose of fulfilling what he felt was his duty, and ultimately redeeming himself in the end. Yeah, Boromir fits the bill best.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  11. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    The TCW movie is just fine -- not peak TCW but no worse than lots of other episodes or full arcs dotted through the series. It's the first Star Wars my kids saw in a theater (or at all) and it made them lifelong fans, so, you know, I'm biased, but I got more pure enjoyment out of it than I did from ROTS, if I'm honest.

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    ROTS is the worst Star Wars movie, IMO, so I actually agree with that. Would rather watch the TCW movie any day.

13. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    I understand the issues some have with TCW film, but it launched many things for characters and Lucasfilm. On the character side it gave Anakin a Padawan, introduced us to her and a few other characters and led us into the series.

It also gave use another vision and creator in Dave Filoni.

14. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  15. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    To me it's marginally "better" than AOTC but I enjoy the Obi-Wan storyline in AOTC more than anything in ROTS, so it's a wash. Pulling it back to the topic, ROTS is made both better and worse by SoM... better because there's more heft to what happens in it, but also worse because it's bad news when the things happening to its (and the saga's) main characters are less emotionally involving than what's going on with the better developed "side" characters of Ahsoka and Rex.

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

ROTS is my Second favorite Star Wars film #1 being ROTJ #3 being a tie between TLJ/Rogue One

17. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Thinking about Ahsoka in The Mandalorian, I realized I'd be really excited just to see the Ahsoka/Sabine interaction in the prospective Rebels sequel since I don't think they had any in Rebels itself.

The Shadow Emperor and Ben-Solo like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Sabine and Ahsoka is such an odd ball that i love. They didn't have scenes together at all in Rebels.

19. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    My first impulse would be that Anakin is Saruman. A noble warrior who was corrupted and turned to serve the Dark Lord. But... the one thing that holds me back from that comparison is that in LOTR, Saruman was never redeemed, and died while still serving the forces of evil. Which obviously doesn't parallel Anakin's fate at all.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  20. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    **** I love that look. I love wise Ahsoka. She still is who she is but just has a ROTJ Luke vibe. GOD I CANT WAIT FOR MANDO S2.

21. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    The robes themselves aren't so bad (they don't make the monk after all), it's the staff that has me worried. Unless it can somewhat be split in two and become lightsaber hilts.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Or...Ahsoka changes as she gets older. From dueler to sage. The good characters in Star Wars always show their capacity for learning and changing. It’s the evil characters that are static.

23. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    Yes, that's a possibility but I still don't think I would like it. Also, after seeing her fighting style in the last season I do want to see more.

So most of the Jedi Council were evil then ? :p

24. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Could a live action Ahsoka pull off a convincing version of the lighting fast, reverse grip, double-lightsaber style that's so associated with the character? (the mo-cap in Phantom Apprentice was noticeably eschewing the reverse grip.) That could be another reason for them to switch her to a staff wielder.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Touché! They’re not evil, no. But that unwillingness to change is presented as a flaw. So at the very least, it’s a flaw.

Last edited: May 26, 2020