main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. dsjericho

dsjericho Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2016
    That's exactly right, thank you. When they don't forget (maybe?) that Ahsoka's not human, she's incredibly agile and often fights/evades with a more crouched posture, using walls, tables, her opponents' bodies, etc. during the fight to reposition or to spring from one position to another. If she's one-on-one in an open area, like her fight to delay Grievous so the younglings could escape, her posture is still distinct. As goofy as I personally found it, watching Yoda fight Dooku/Sidious seems closer to how I imagine a live action Ahsoka would fight (with a lot less silliness/silly spinning). If she's much like the live action Shaak Ti, I'll be very disappointed; hence, my nervousness.

Yes, I think(?) the best I've seen/read were bits in the now non-canon Clone Wars novels that make it clear that she's a Togruta, a predator with heightened senses (sight, hearing, spatial awareness) beyond humans. In SoM there were a bunch of Mandalorians (in full armor) in those tunnels that managed to stay hidden from this Force-wielding Togruta, so I find she's occasionally treated as a different-looking human rather than a member of a predatory species that single-handedly killed an akul by the age of fourteen. (Unless that's been stripped from canon now?)

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Ahsoka’s movements all seemed perfectly human to me (within the parameters of cartoon humanness, of course).

Ben-Solo likes this.
  3. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    Pretty sure it's been stripped yes. I think I remember in the novel No Prisoners, during one scene she's described as speaking in her very deep voice that almost sounds like a growl or something. The issue with that is, we never see such an occurrence in the show so it kinda comes from nowhere.

4. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    [​IMG]
    This will always get me

5. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    [​IMG]
    How cool would it be if Ahsoka had a hand in burying these poor souls as well. :)

Ben-Solo likes this.
  6. Valeria

Valeria Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2020
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of Ahsoka. I just wonder how they'll handle her...

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm hoping that there is a lot of direction from Dave and Ashley in regards to a live action Ahsoka. It will be interesting to see what she is like personality wise post-endor compared to her rebels self.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  8. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    My thoughts are that she’ll just be a live version of her Rebels depiction, calm and collected. Unless something drastic happened between the end of Rebels and now I don’t think there will be much difference.

As for direction I’m sure Dave will have his input given he appears to be on set all the time and whoever the director for that episode will be.

Despite all the heart and soul Ashley has brought Ahsoka I don’t really see her being involved all that much. Don’t get me wrong I like Ashley so correct me if I’m wrong, but she was just the VA for a character. Ashley brought the role to life through the VA but actual direction was all Dave, the writers and animators.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You could say that for every VA on the planet; but Ashley's not just a regular VA for a character. Ahsoka is like a part of her. She is a geek girl when it comes to SW. I'd imagine she'd have as many suggestions on how the character should be portrayed as Dave Filoni by this point.

10. dsjericho

dsjericho Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2016
    Not sure what I don't know these days, so ... is it not a big deal for Mandalorians to equip Ahsoka like they did, especially as an ex-Jedi, or was it notable that they seemed to be entirely okay with her wearing Mandalorian gear with the Iron Heart?

11. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    As I said she’s a great VA, great at promoting the character and bringing her to life. As far as I’ve read though she’s never been involved with direction, writing or anything other than doing the VA during her time in TCW or Rebels. I don’t see why that would change for Mando.

12. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I doubt well see any acrobatics from ahsoka in Mando her transition to ahsoka the white probably came with a more zen barley moving master staff wielder style fighting style . I won't be surprised if she even uses the force more then straight up lightsaber or staff play

Wilhuff's Slippers likes this.
  13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm hoping Rosario bothers to familiarize herself with the most important character building moments of Ahsoka's arc. If she just decides to do her own take on the character, it could be disingenuous.

Ben-Solo and Vialco like this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. But I think she’ll certainly advise, in one way or another.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    An amazing tribute!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  16. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  17. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    I hope if Rosario is ultimately the choice she contacts Ashley, reads the comics and watches the Clone Wars(and also uses Ashley as a consultant) if she portrays the character any differently than Filoni and Eckstein have created and evolved her there could be a lot of backlash. Ahsoka is popular because of Ashley and Dave.

This might be the best one I’ve seen yet.

18. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I think there is some wiggle room for the character to change her personality. I'm basing that off of the last scene in Rebels where she is looking more like a wise sage. So if she was a little more subdued than she was in Rebels I'd probably be okay with it. I guess a lot will depend on the things she saw after getting back to Malachor and traveling from there.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  19. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    Just read this article. I don't know how trustworthy this source is but I hope it is because I like what's in it.

20. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I've been rewatching the Wrong Jedi, and I was wondering.

What was the verdict that the members of the High Court reached?

Did they actually find Ahsoka guilty? Bail Organa, Riyoo Chuchi and Mon Mothma were all on her jury. Three pro-Jedi Senators, two of which had worked closely with Ahsoka. Surely they wouldn't have voted for her guilt?

21. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    I’ve got no idea how trustworthy that source is but some of the grammar in the article is terrible.

Also seems to completely go against the little we know of Ahsoka after ROTJ from the rebels ending. Why would she suddenly ditch the robes she was wearing ? Why would she revert to a blue lightsaber ?

22. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Obviously Palpatine doesn't have time to read the verdict, but I think it's implied by how he relishes what he's about to say is that they found her guilty.

Vialco likes this.
  23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I can't recall Bail or Mon Mothma having much meaningful interaction in TCW so I don't think it's that big of a stretch to say they found Ahsoka guilty if they hardly knew her. The odd woman out is Chuchi and it wouldn't matter which way she voted.

24. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    If I remember correctly, Palpatine says the decision was reached at an "overwhelming majority". That leaves room for a couple of senators to vote not guilty. I say Chuchi and Organa.

On both questions : why not? She's changed her wardrobe and lightsaber blades in the past. It's not in the realm of the impossible.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Aah Fisto likes this.
  25. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    naw that article is bad . ahsoka having her white robes meant a change in her character she's not a Jedi she's not going back to the order that failed her