main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I cant open this on my work computer - what does the Tweet say?

Thx

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's just some fan art.

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Ashley Eckstein interview in the next Star Wars Insider.
    [​IMG]
    In Shops: Nov 25, 2020

4. dsjericho

dsjericho Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2016
  5. Wilhuff's Slippers

Wilhuff's Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2019
  6. dsjericho

dsjericho Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2016
    Agreed. Doesn't have Ahsoka's (or Rosario's) face-shape and her lips are red like she's wearing lipstick. Mostly cool but some weirdness.

7. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    I guess this is the issue with integrating a character from other media into live action.
    Live action is clearly the king of canon, so the moment you integrate the character all previous physical depictions in continuity are inaccurate, unless you find someone that bares an uncanny resemblance.

I'm expecting similar issues with Sabine and Ezra when they're introduced to live action, Aphra too if she ever makes the jump.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Those toys are sure to be a pretty penny.

9. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well if it did look like Rosario they would have to model it on Rosario's teenage look.

TadoFett and Wilhuff's Slippers like this.
  10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Kessel Run Transmissions has given out a description of a scene that they heard from their source is in the trailer. its apparently a money shot of Ahsoka fighting 2 bounty hunters in a familiar location. and that she might be wearing a grey cloak.

Although they do make it sound like it was shot purely for marketing.

Take with a pinch of salt

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  11. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    You'd assume so, or some kind of "de-aged" approximation of?
    I'd be interested to know Lucas film's policy on this, especially as they're very much about the one continual canon continuity, and how they're actively taking characters from other media and putting them into live action currently.

Ethnicity is another interesting issue re:canon/timeline/bringing characters from other media into live action.
    It appears that Sabine Wren is going to be played by Sash Banks, if that's the case then why is her Lego mini-figure white? Why is Captain Rex's Lego mini-figure white? Or Ezra Bridger?
    I think Aphra's physical depiction in the comics has at times been inconsistent, maybe purposefully so?
    Personally I've always seen all these characters as non-white, but once they're in live action it really "confirms" it. (Although in the case of Captain Rex, it surely already is confirmed as he's a clone and clones have already been portrayed on screen by Temura Morrison?)

clone commander bossk likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So for anyone who plays The Sims 4, there's a new expansion back coming out in a couple of weeks involving Star Wars (the Batuu theme).

It's getting a lot of criticism across the board of fans, but I can only see possibilities. Just include the Togruta species and I'll be satisfied.

13. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    This gets discussed in the Lit Diversity thread a lot. While it's not "canon" per se (partly because there are no sensible IU terms for Earth ethnicities!) there are are some definitive statements by creators about a most of those characters. There's really only wiggle room on the alien characters -- the others are all said to be nonwhite and it would be awkward to walk that back.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Wilhuff's Slippers likes this.
  14. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    Cool, thanks for that, I’ll give it a look!

15. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Ahsoka’s always been great in animation. Part of that, I think, is the strong influence that other animation had on Filoni, both his past work with Avatar and Ghibli movies like Mononoke. It will be tricky bringing her design to live action. While Shaak Ti was indeed the original source for the general look, I agree with other posters who mentioned that she didn’t move much in the actual movies. And it would be tricky, with all those prosthetics.

I don’t mind much if Ahsoka is not as acrobatic in the Mandalorian as she was in TCW and Rebels, mainly because visually that sort of action would feel out of place with what we’ve seen. Instead, I hope they emphasize the more wizardly aesthetic that’s been growing around her, and even the kind of elf-like imagery that her look also carries with it (primarily through the horns). Especially if she is being introduced as the Child’s potential true home, and he certainly fits that elfin aesthetic. And since the Jedi were already introduced as “wizards,” I think it would be a good angle to take on her and the Child.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm sure that's how it will be. The Mando series is certainly more emphasized on blasters and other weapons special effects moreso than it is with acrobatics. Considering outside of Yoda Jr. she'll be the only true Force Wielder in the show, there's not much action she'll be called on for.

17. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    They don't need to attach all the head pieces to Rosario or her stuntwoman, for action scenes. They can mocap her and then put those body parts on her head in post with CGI. This allows her to be portrayed as acrobatically as any character without such parts (a human character for example).

18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    hmmmmmmmmmm

https://ew.com/tv/mandalorian-season-2-first-look/

19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    That was quite the article. Does make my hype twitch a bit. But I'm trying to remain calm and optimistic.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Give in to the hype. You know you want to.

21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I was finally able to download a really nice Mod of Ahsoka for The Sims 4. I can use her with the new SW Journey to Batuu pack.

[​IMG]

clone commander bossk likes this.
  23. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I have loads of Ahsoka mods for Minecraft.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The Ahsoka hot toy offers the best option for her look in live action. Looks realistic, without sacrificing her alien features.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018