main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Yeah I couldn’t agree more with that, I watched most of the episode with my mouth wide open in astonishment. Partly due to my anticipation and excitement of seeing a live action Ahsoka, but largely due to the amazing job Filoni did with the directing.

It really was a massive statement that he’s on his way or ready to lead more live action Star Wars.

There were so many themes that he displayed wonderfully well. As you said, to me it was flawless

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    It's great if you mute it. :D

Bor Mullet and DarthFixxxer like this.
  3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s kind of too bad that Rebels went with “Ahsoka got whiter-looking when she got older.” Rosario looks like a much more credible grownup version of TCW Ahsoka than the Ahsoka of Rebels.

5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Her features in TCW are less Caucasian than in Rebels, I agree with that.
    However I think that a South American (perhaps Brazilian, Chilean or Uruguayan) would probably look a lot more like Ahsoka TCW than any other ethnicity.
    The one change in her look in Rebels I don't particularly like is her eyes. I love those huge eyes in TCW.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, since Rosario's mother is of Cuban-Puerto Rican descent, that's pretty close to your standard.

7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Yeah, she does have the whole Caribbean vibe and appearance, but I was thinking more ancient Incan Ahsoka :p
    I am SO excited for her limited series. I hope it's 8 episodes and not 6. Or even 10, why not.
    But even more than that, I hope she gets a massive and wholesome storyline. With big budget production.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    How about a limited 1-season series of 50 1-hour episodes?

9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    That works for me.

rumblewagon and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    That is beautiful.:anakin: :ahsoka::vader:

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, that is really nicely made.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Someone shared this on an Ahsoka FB group.

[​IMG]

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's a play on a popular Gravity Falls meme.

15. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Heh, I remember when she debuted in Rebels, and I pointed out that her features looked "black" in TCW and "white" in Rebels, and people told me to shut up and stop complaining, something something art style something. It might have been here or it might have been at SB, I forget exactly.

I also remember when the news leaked that Lupita Nyong'o was casted in TFA, and then it leaked that she was portraying "an orange skinned non human" (who turned out to be Maz Kanata obviously), and people freaked and jumped to the conclusion she would be Ahsoka. A conclusion helped along by the fact that she would have actually been a pretty decent match, facially, for TCW Ahsoka. See below:

[​IMG]

Rosario Dawson apparently is Puerto Rican, black/African, and Native American. She's a pretty good bridge between the "TCW look" and the "Rebels look" all things considered.

16. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    When I first started watching TCW, I thought Ahsoka was black girl till couple episodes down. Her and Barriss master Luminara have black features. Barriss had Arab features and hijab which made her look like muslim (hence why I was somewhat disappointed when they had her commit terrorist act. Get Barriss in Ahsoka show Dave). I guess that is why I found myself invested in their characters. Closest rep women of color had in SW.

17. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    There was even some (speculative) discussion around the time of the Rebels debut of Ahsoka that she'd been re-designed to make it more possible for Ashley to play her in live action. At the time it all seemed soooo pie-in-the-sky that there would be a live action version of anyone from animation that I thought little of it.

18. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
  19. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020
    I just realized, Anakin allowed his apprentice to be everything Obi-Wan and the Council wouldn’t let him me. Their connection and development as Master & Apprentice rivals any other relationship in the entire saga.

My favorite Ahsoka tribute.

20. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
  21. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
  22. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020

Rosario brings Ashoka to life so well

23. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
  24. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
  25. Darth Derringer

Darth Derringer Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 9, 1999
    I wholeheartedly agree. I thought it was about as well-thought out and constructed as you will ever see in episodic TV. The episode's art and production design were amazing and the fight scenes were incredible. I particularly liked the juxtaposition of the samurai dual and the 'Old West' shootout.

Frankly, I find it hard to find fault with any aspect of that episode.