main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    op2.jpg

Bor Mullet, Sproj and TCF-1138 like this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I certainly agree with this article.
    I would add that Ahsoka is "Anakin adjacent" (a Filoni phrase) similar to how Obi-Wan is "Anakin adjacent".
    Ahsoka was in the student role to Anakin whereas Obi-Wan was the master role to Anakin. Both witnessed their good and close friend fall to the Dark Side.
    I'm curious how we'll see Obi-Wan deal with that knowledge and if it will be similar to how Ahsoka deals with it in her show (such as in flashbacks).

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Do we know when Star Wars Celebration is?

I'm guessing they'll reveal more information on this show there this year.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    it’s at the end of this month

here’s the schedule, behind spoilers for size

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Nothing Ahsoka series related? That stinks.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I would guess Ahsoka news would be in the upcoming projects

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Fair enough.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  11. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    May 26 - 29th.

Gotcha.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    A cool message from one of the executives at my office:

Dear Health Solutions Alliance,

Happy Star Wars Day!
    The date itself May 4th (“May Fourth”), is a play on the words “May the Force be with you.”
    For those who have been at Health Solutions for a while, you are prepared to receive this yearly email. For those who are new, I will share that Star Wars and the characters who inhabit that world are deeply meaningful to me and I believe relate to the work that we do in their unapologetic quest for truth, justice, and peace.
    One aspect of the Star Wars Universe that has always connected with me, is that everyone worked together (at least the good guys!), no matter how they looked, who they were, or where they came from.
    Unlike heroes in the other series who have “super powers” (I also have big love for the Multiverse, so no disrespect there), more often than not, in Star Wars, the super power is wanting to be a good person and do the right thing.
    While the Jedi have a strong sense of “The Force”, it is repeated over and over again that “The Force” is in all of us.

This has been especially true in the most recent Star Wars offerings (The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett, for those who are looking for something binge worthy this weekend!). Women…Men…Non Binary (go Ceret and Tenec!)…Droids...Wookies...Babies (go baby Yoda!) all have the power to make the world a better place..Together.

In the words of one of my favorite characters Ashoka Tano:

"You Don't Have To Carry A Sword To Be Powerful”

Please enjoy the day together and what it means to work with this amazing group of people!

May the Force be with you,
    Alliance High Command Team

I didn't even know that A)she was a big SW fan and more importantly B)She liked Ahsoka. I shared a pic of myself with Ashley at a book signing from a few years ago.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  14. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Ahsoka has been a major favorite of mine for years, but since I have had the great pleasure of having to re-watch TCW and Rebels with my two young sons working their way through the timeline.....she is even more so. She is an incredible character, and yes, I love all these new series' we are getting...…and her appearances in Mando ("The Jedi", along with "The Siege of Mandalore" arc is/are the best TV shows I have ever watched, period!) and TBOBF etc.....but all I really want to see is HER show. And the continuation of HER journey and adventures.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    She's had great character growth no doubt about it.

16. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    I tell ya I am really starting to appreciate Roosario Dawson's portrayal of the character more and more. I watched an episode or two of Rebels again after the Obi Wan trailer and Ahsoka was in the episode I watched and the voice without Rosario is starting to sound more awkward than it did before.

I'm wondering if they ever do an animated series post Mandalorian which Ahsoka is in if Rosario Dawson shouldn't voice the character.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope Ashley comes back to Ahsoka Tano when she comes back to animation between clone wars and Rebels, and after Mandalorian to the ST. I think the closer to the ST the better animation will be for Ahsoka and Ezra.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd prefer Rosario to stick to LA only; Ashley can continue voicing her if there are any more animated shows that Ahsoka would appear in.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it is best to have both voices for Ahsoka Tano like it is with Anakin and Obi-Wan.

20. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Blasphemer.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Having seen Rosario’s version across two live action episodes, I can’t help but agree that Ashley’s performance can seem a little stilted in comparison. But it’s an apples and oranges comparison, given that they’re too very different mediums. And to be fair to Ashley and her passion for the character, I think they should stick with her for animation.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  22. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    What do you mean by 'stilted'? Ashley gave her all to that character and bought her to life. I love both interpretations and don't think either are stilted.

Bor Mullet and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I can't disagree more. Ashley's performance of Ahsoka throughout the TCW run was phenomenal. IMO it was among the best of any character of the series (I won't say the "best" because I'll get accused of being biased). If anything, Rosario's might've been a bit stilted in comparison; but that's pretty much what I've been suggesting for all of the characters of the LA series, not just Ahsoka. But I agree it's apples to oranges. And in any event, we've only seen Rosario's performance in basically one half hour episode; you can through in another five to ten minutes more from the BOTF episode.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I agree that her performance is the best in the series (and also the best in Rebels). But I wasn’t comparing her to other actors in TCW and Rebels, but only to Rosario Dawson who’s an incredibly good actress. So it’s a very high bar. And as I noted, I think she should remain the voice of animated Ahsoka.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    My point is that I cannot fathom anyone besides Ashley voicing the animated Ahsoka. Would so many people be ok with Hayden taking over the VA for another prequel-based animated series for Anakin, leaving Matt Lanter in the dust? Let the LA actors stick to their roles on screen, and the traditional VA stick to theirs. The only changes I was fine with were obvious ones like the young Leia in Rebels and of course the older Saw Gerrera.

Ashley is Ahsoka. She lives and breaths the franchise and Ahsoka's personality was as much adapted from Ashley's own as it was scripted from Dave Filoni. But people, including myself, are excited for the upcoming LA series with Ahsoka starring Rosario because it's a new chapter for the character; not because deep down anyone really feels Rosario has Ahsoka's character nailed down more than Ashley did. That's almost borderline treasonous in my book.