main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Dooku and Yoda should be in there to complete the lineup.

I mean, maybe you can attribute Dooku's absence to "Dooku forfeits his appearance due to turning to the Dark Side and adopting a Sith name" but Yoda at least should be there.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Man I knew Screenrant had a proclivity for scraping the bottom of the barrel but writing an entire article because some guy made fanart is a new low. You really need to ditch that site A's T.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Now the reason to complain about a simple harmless picture is because......

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm complaining about a terrible site, I'm indifferent about the pic.

5. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014

Sweet new interview from Ashley where she confirms she & Rosario did indeed take pictures together during her set visit and they'll be at the same convention this December. I can't wait to see that.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the various nuggets Filoni has given us over the years about Ahsoka's journey and how the upcoming show might finally be the perfect space to delve into some of them.

The 2016 Topps cards that showed Ahsoka post-Malachor... I've been obsessed with them for quite some time now

[​IMG]

Ahsoka & Rex riding on wolves from an exclusive Celebration print (dated 2015, I believe)

[​IMG]

Ahsoka & Bendu, pre-Malchor

[​IMG]

There's still so much cool stuff Lady Tano saw that we the audience have only glanced :ahsoka:

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just have to make sure that's not from Screenrant.

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004

Nice to see them together!

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Animated and live action Ahsoka Tano.

9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Awesome photos. But I just want Ahsoka to have a good time. She's always doing other people's work, fighting for others, doing stuff for others. She does it her way, with a mixture of light and moral grayness. She needs to have her own time, her own life. She may prefer being single, but I wish she could've gotten to date someone. Male, female, whatever species. I don't care. This lady needed to dance, get krunk on peace, and so on.

However she's portrayed, I wanna see an Ahsoka power hour. I depicted multiple characters using Vefkelnin swords in a similar style to her use of two blades in my legendarium, and I enjoyed it. Since 2013, I've enjoyed using pink and black softball bats in my room to work out, as though I was Ahsoka practicing my Jar'kai/Ataru fencing skills. Oh, mama. :ahsoka::p:bluesaber::greensaber:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The problem is that there's been zero peace in the galaxy since we first met her, so it's hard for her to get krunk on it!

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  11. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Yeah, I know. She had to live through the clone wars, the dark times, and the civil war. I just wanna know what she was doing during the civil war before peace returned. This woman had to carry others on her back so often. Such a powerful Togruta.

12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
  13. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Bendu is so damn cool

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Bend it like Bendu.

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Quite a lot of Ahsoka artworks for this Celebration. You can tell she will have her own series later this year.
    https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-art-show
    [​IMG]

“A World Between Worlds,” Cryssy Cheung

"For this piece I was inspired to draw Ahsoka — a character that I've always been drawn to for her selflessness, loyalty, and kind-hearted nature. After seeing her portrayed by the incredible Rosario Dawson, I knew immediately that I wanted to draw the live-action rendering.

"For her pose, I wanted to depict a stance that is iconic to her character. For the background, I was deeply influenced by the art direction in the final season of Star Wars Rebels, where Ahsoka and Ezra Bridger are in the World Between Worlds. I felt this part of the series was very important to the story and to each of their character arcs, and it felt fitting to put her in that space!"

[​IMG]
    “Guardians of the New Republic,” Jason Davies

"My piece was inspired by the nostalgic sense of Star Wars adventure and the exciting possibilities for further adventures in the new Republic Era! I wanted to capture the prospect of Ashoka, Luke, Mando (and Grogu!) together, facing off against the many dangers of the Empire, other threats, and all the possibilities of the Star Wars universe. I'm showing that each character is following their own path, but uniting when needed to face a common enemy."

[​IMG]
    “Unbreakable Bond,” Chris Dee

"The unbreakable bond between Ahsoka and Rex. We have witnessed it being forged over the course of several years, and grow into one of Star Wars' most powerful friendships.

"For several years, I have attempted to capture this in an art piece. I am pleased to finally be able to share with you the result of many hours of prototyping, crumbled sketches, and artistic exploration."

[​IMG]
    "Tales of the Jedi," Joe Hogan

"I knew as soon as Lucasfilm announced the new Tales of the Jedi series that I was going to love it. I even set my alarm for 3 a.m. the morning it debuted so that I could binge it as soon as it released, and then immediately got to work trying to capture all of my favorite moments from the series in this print! As usual, the Clone Wars art style and wonderful visual storytelling of the show inspired me so much that I spent almost 36 straight hours to create this illustration as soon as the end credits rolled.

"One of the things I love about the Tales of the Jedi series is just how different but similar Count Dooku's and Ahsoka's stories are. They were both two Jedi trying to find their roles in a big galaxy, while remaining true to their core beliefs, but diverging paths significantly. I tried to represent that with a limited palette of only eight colors. Using the same blues and oranges, I wanted to show how the same colors could be used to represent very different characters, feelings, and destinies."

[​IMG]
    “Academy BFF’s,” Nick Scurfield

"As a lifelong fan of Star Wars, I know that many of us now have families of our own and are keen to pass on our love of these stories to the next generation, so I love to create artwork that would feel appropriate to hang in the bedroom of young children or in a family room, introducing them to characters and scenarios that celebrate the magic of Star Wars.

"While as it stands there's no indication that these two characters met before they were introduced in The Mandalorian, it's plausible that they spent time together as younglings at the Jedi Academy. It was fun imagining the mischief they could have got up to together.

"In my work, I begin with pencil sketches, scan these, and then work up flat colors before applying color grading, light, and shadows. I love the benefits of digital work but often add soft grain and use brushes that emulate traditional methods of illustration such as paint, chalk, and pastels to bring some texture and character to the piece."

[​IMG]
    “Beyond a Jedi,” Lin Zy

"'Beyond a Jedi' is me getting to explore one of my favorite characters in the Star Wars universe! I was so inspired by Ahsoka's return in the Star Wars Rebels series that I wanted to do a piece that would showcase her ethereal spirit and her evolution towards becoming something more than a Jedi. Rebels is one of my all time favorite shows. So with the show's stylization in mind, I moved forward by utilizing a more subdued color palette with blues, purples, and whites, but of course wanting the main focus being on my girl Ahsoka. I really wanted her to pop and be the main visual opposition in the piece. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it!"

[​IMG]
    “Things That Were,” Zoltan Simon

"My poster conveys what has been lost: the Jedi are gone, the Republic is gone, Padmé is gone. But even if it is nighttime in Naboo and also the age of darkness for the galaxy, the soothing blue colors and the glowing moonlight promise that there is still hope.

"Ahsoka mourns the things that were as we have seen in Tales of the Jedi. She just heads to the starfighter now. But eventually, her way leads to bringing light back to the galaxy.

"Printed using special 11-color pigment ink to ensure the rich expression of the subtle hues of the moonlit night scenery."

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I want 100 of them

Adamoss and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  20. Adamoss

Adamoss Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 31, 2023
    Maybe someone hasn't seen it yet so I'm posting.
    "Fulcrum" - fan film

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That was great. I'd watched it last year. The actress' voice nailed it (sounds so much like Ashley's).

22. Adamoss

Jan 31, 2023
    For an amateur video, they did a fantastic job, I watched it for the first time a few days ago and it's nice to see how the transformation of crystals could look like. I'm surprised we haven't seen this yet. The voice is very similar indeed.

23. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I really wish lucasfilm would let fanfilms be crowd funded. That one really deserves a follow up.

Sproj and Adamoss like this.
  24. Adamoss

Jan 31, 2023
    I agree there are so many talented people who love SW and have fantastic ideas that could be used in series or movies, e.g.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I don't think there is any chance of big studios standing by while fan films get crowd funded, or at least, certainly not fan films of any length (more than a few minutes) and any significant crowd funded budget (high five figures or above).

The guy who made Axanar pretty much nailed that coffin shut, when he used crowdfunding for a ST fanfilm to build a professional level film studio, and then used the 20 minute fan film he made essentially as a promo to attract work for said studio, and grow it as a business. All on the back of Paramount's IP. What followed was a lawsuit and generally a more restrictive attitude towards fan films from major IP owners.

And then of course there's the fact that LFL's owner Disney is famously the most litigious of them all...

Any crowdfunding of a fan film would need to be done on the down low, with the identity of those making the film deliberately obfuscated. Anything less is a red rag to the Disney legal department.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023