main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Why should Ahsoka fall to the dark side like Anakin did? They are similar in a lot of ways, but Ahsoka seemed more grounded about things like attachments.

Now, we obviously don't know what she's been up to in the past fifteen years. Maybe she's done some questionable things that are bordering the dark side. I mean Ahsoka still has her flaws, she's not perfect.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    As I mentioned previously, NO ONE is perfect in the franchise; not Vader, not Obi-Wan, and yes, not Ahsoka.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Of course not - and that is why Ahsoka has grown on me (I've kind of gotten past the continuity and clothing issues - can't do anything about it anyway, except complain and that time is past).

But she is far closer to the ideal (not perfection) as presented - her flaws are noble flaws, her errors as well.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I haven't heard too much about the clothing issues. But even if there were, it's not like there haven't been prevalent issues elsewhere. Consider the Jedi robes. Apparently Lucas got lazy and just assumed all the Jedi were wearing the same desert-oriented clothes that the older Tatooine-based Obi-Wan wore in the decades up to ANH.

5. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    TheSilentInfluence

No, he wanted to show only one of his characters could not be like that. Leave without turning bad. That's what Filoni wanted everyone to know.

To answer your other questions.

1) I've watched it several times and will watch it several more. :)

2) Have her as a Padawan of one of the master's Jedi like Fisto's. Then she goes on to die like Fisto's to Grievous. By the way, I'd choose Coleman Kjac as her master.

6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Still, Ahsoka isn't perfect. A lot of Jedi have probably left the order without turning bad. It's not a life that every force sensitive commits to or sticks with.

2) I think Ahsoka being another Masters padawan would have been interesting. But I can see why they had her be Anakin's padawan too.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    2) Have her as a Padawan of one of the master's Jedi like Fisto's. Then she goes on to die like Fisto's to Grievous. By the way, I'd choose Coleman Kjac as her master.

And she'd be yet another long forgotten female Jedi in the Star Wars saga.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  8. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Lol. Really, AT?

Maybe had Davey had not pushed them all to the sidelines in favor of Fulcrum, things probably would've much better for them.

To Davey, it's a popularity contest, and he has to make sure his prom queen comes out in first place.

9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I guess Ahsoka being ANAKIN's padawan is what made people sit up and take notice. If she'd been Mace Windu's she'd have still gotten criticism and there'd be that old excuse "who cares she's not an important character like Anakin and Obi Wan"

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    She isn't perfect, and she doesn't fit the Mary Sue trope. Pet character, though? Absolutely.

The issue with her leaving the way she did, was not that SHE did not turn bad. It's that she left because, apparently, all the other characters were "bad." And that was deliberate OOU.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If it's a popularity contest, it's certainly worked. Four Emmy nominations; two wins for an animated program isn't too shabby. And it's pretty obvious to anyone who was familiar with TCW that there were entire arcs without the main characters being involved. So about your claims that Filoni "pushed the others to the sidelines", they're simply unfounded.

Just GET OVER IT. TCW survived 5 years with minority haters like yourself complaining about Ahsoka's role.

12. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Ah, "the minority" thing again. Lol.

Michael Bay movies make a lot of money. Does that make them good?

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Do they get awarded Oscars?

14. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    You're missing the point.

A lot of people go see his movies. So that means they must be "popular."

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    She couldn't trust the council because they pretty much gave her up to the senate and emperor without investigating further. I don't believe it was because they were bad, but they definitely broke her trust. Also, I always thought that Barriss's speech near the end was an eye opener for Ahsoka as well.

One of the things I never liked about that arc was how Barriss went from being friends with Ahsoka to betraying her. We could/should have had more background on their friendship. It would have felt for real to me if they were shown to be good friends on screen and learned how to be Jedi together.

Force Smuggler and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Bay makes the explosion movies to feed the masses. Transformers is a Box Office Smash, so he makes another, then another, then another. TCW is a hit by the first season; so Filoni and his crew continue writing stories for it. He doesn't care to listen to the minority fanboys whining about how Anakin should not have a Padawan.

17. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    AT, how many more times are you gonna say "minority"?

[​IMG]

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Until you can acknowledge that you're among them. Again, this is such a tired, go-nowhere argument. If you don't like Ahsoka's role in TCW, DON'T WATCH THE SHOW. Christ, it's not like Filoni held a gun to your head, right?

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    C'mon, Ahsoka's Tano - there is no reason to tell others to stop watching if they dislike just one of many characters: you don't win over anyone with this line of argument. Most of your "haters" are more like dislikers - sure, some hate her, but you tend to see (come across) as labeling anyone who dislikes how Filoni up-and-fronted her, "pet-charactered" her, or whatever as haters.

You can dislike many aspects of how she was used without being a hater or a basher. I don't like many aspects of her - I tend to be in agreement with AFS a lot (not 100% but close), but I also see aspects of Ahsoka to like.

I'm not even sure why you liked my last post - Ahsoka's "noble flaws" are on Dave, not necessarily in the eye of the beholder.

20. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015

Compare how many views the first episode had and the last one: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_episodes

And you'll notice through out the decline in viewership.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    This is the part of your post that I "liked". Unfortunately, you can't like only half of a post.

that is why Ahsoka has grown on me (I've kind of gotten past the continuity and clothing issues - can't do anything about it anyway, except complain and that time is past).

22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

If you don't like this discussion, DON'T PARTICIPATE.

We're not holding a gun to your head, right?

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I was the one that was pleading with Todd not to create this Ahsoka bashing thread knowing full well it would promote such arguments; but it was created anyway.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    If you hate it, then why not leave this thread?

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Because I want my say in it. Ahsoka's character was created 7 years ago, and yet people still want to whine about her.