main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

The Alien Combine (Obi Wan free zone)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by emimar, Jun 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Actually, I think it's both interesting and inspiring to write stories about aliens, so long as you know a little bit about their lifestyles. I mean, there are a lot of alien races out there who have social issues very uncommon to humans. For example, one of my major OCs is a Dug. Anybody who's read about them in the Essential Guide knows that they're driven to indentured (sometimes penal) servitude by the heavy-handed Gran who occupied Malastare; thus this kind of issue can tell us something about prejudice and/or slavery. And the Gran side of the story can tell us something about the politics involved with a cover-up. There's a lot of stuff out there that's not easily explored with humans only, but all you gotta do is a little background reading and then let your imagination take it from there. And what, pray tell, do we writers do best? :D

2. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    I know. But if your stories is anything like mine, it get gets over shadowed by Obi Wan stories and no one ever reads em, which is why I set this thread up so you can post links to them and the people who want to read them can find them.

3. emimar

Apr 3, 2003
    D'oh!

4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Ordinarily that would be the case, but since I write exclusively in the Beyond the Saga forum, Obi-Wan's no longer there to overshadow the stuff. ;) Instead, my work gets overshadowed by the Jaina-and-Jaggernaut. It's boundlessly irritating, but I've learned to live with it and be happy with the readers that I have.

5. emimar

Apr 3, 2003
    Is anyone interested in having their story posted on a new website for aliens, OC and less popular canon charactors?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.