main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Allana Index and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Eleventh_Guard, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I wouldn't be surprised if Isolder knew, but was basically told to keep it quiet.

2. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Isoldor is very shrewd, so he probably knows. He's also most likely Jacen's strongest supporter(aside from Tenel Ka)

3. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Hey y'all, I just wrote a songfic about Allana from Jacen's eyes. Its based of the Sing/Police song Every Breathe You Take
    enjoy!

4. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    I read it. It was very nice.

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Indeed, it is.

6. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Great fic, and it's added to the Index. :)

7. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Um ... I just expanded "Coming of Age" into a viggie series due to popular request. Should I PM it in?

8. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm not sure if my latest fic counts as Allana since most of it takes place inside TK's head, but I've written the moment right before Allana's crowning.

EDIT: I just strolled over to Beyond and you might want to check out FlashOfLight's Scion of Light.

EDIT 2: The old, famed J/TK author -Tenel Ka- made a comeback and posted a new J/TK/Allana fic on Beyond. It's really good.

9. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Sure, PMs are good. At this time I don't want to sort through the Beyond pages looking for fics, but it's no trouble at all to update if the links are PM'ed in.

I'm kind of burned out at the moment, so I'm mainly sticking to Resources.

10. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    Question, In my fic Consort(not linked because Allana isn't in it yet), Allana will appear at the very end but, the fact that Jacen and Tenel Ka do not have a daughter and Tenel Ka's pregnancy with Allana will be a recurring thread in the story(but it will be at least a month before I'm that far into the story). Would that be admissable here?

11. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Will Allana herself be a character? If she's not an important character until the end but she is then, it would work. If her role is more contained within Tenel Ka's pregnancy and she isn't much of a character in her own right, it sounds like the best place to index it would be the Crystal Reef Palace Auditorium.

12. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    What about a fic that includes her, but the details surrounding her birth are different than in canon(e.g. here, she's the second child of Jacen and Tenel Ka, who have been married for several years)? Basically, she's to be inserted into an ongoing AU arc that I've had going since I registered here. Is that even eligible for insertion? Do I need to do anything special to index it?

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Well, Allana's role is pretty much to cover up for TK and then crown herself Queen Mother unless you count the times she speaks in TK's head. She's twenty-something in that fic, which I think is in my sig. Does that count?

EDIT: grammar

14. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    NO then I guess.

15. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    ZebulaNebula: AU is cool, I'll just leave a not saying such with the link. Ben is still Ben even when he's Allana's half-brother [face_laugh] so that's fine. Just PM it to me and I'll have it up tomorrow. (I anticipate an increase in Allana fics at some point, though it might not be until Tempest. They're already a little on the upswing! :D)

SilSolo: That's good. I'll do it tomorrow, most likely... gotta be at work in 7 hours :mad: Crappy shift. (I'm 2 hours ahead of board time, though.) Allana doesn't have to be the main character; as long as she's one of the important ones.

ValleyLord: Yeah, sorry about that... I just made this index to be Allana-specific, and if her role is small then CRPA is a better place to put it.

16. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    I'll PM you the link when it comes up - it's only in the advanced pre-production stages right now.

17. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    That's fine, it'll have to wait until I write Prince Consort/King(haven't chosen between titles)Like Zeb's deal, Circumstances are very different, Allana will be number 3 though, but she'll be born in the same time as canon(even with the prolonged pregnancy.)

18. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    I just realized something. Padme, Leia and Jacen all had their first child/children when they were 27 years old. I wonder if Allana is going to keep that tradition.

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    That's a pretty good idea.

20. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    That sounds like a fic idea there ... call it "Generations".

21. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Yeah I can just imagine Jacen reacting to the news that he has to put up with a Hapan son-in-law and a grandchild at the age of fifty-four.

22. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    could be earlier, Leia and Padme were both married 1-2 years before they had kids.

23. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    And Allana's going to have fraternal twins, a boy and a girl. :D

24. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    That pattern has been broken, unless she had a twin Tenel Ka decided to terminate or hide. Which I doubt.

25. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    That's because Tenel Ka didn't have the the genes predisposing her to multiple births; Allana has a good shot at that gene, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.