main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Allana Index and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Eleventh_Guard, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I agree wholeheartedly and one of the things that really peeve me about J/TK fics is TK having multiple births (no offense to anyone who's written that). However, I'm okay with Allana having twins and have written that because her father was a twin. There's no record of twins in TK's family history that would predispose her to fraternal twins.

The predisposition to have fraternal twins depends solely on the genes of the mother, I believe.

EDIT: Spoilers

"Vergere sacrificed herself so you could assume the Sith mantle she wanted for you."
    ? Lumiya

40 years after the Battle of Yavin, Jacen and his cousin Ben Skywalker were sent on a mission to uncover an illegal missile factory on the planet Adumar. The mission ended in a violent ambush, from which the Jedi narrowly escaped with their lives. The incident sparked political unrest that threatened to ignite into total rebellion that could shatter the young Galactic Alliance. In a desperate attempt to avoid such a fate, the Alliance readied a preemptive display of military might in a bid to bring the rogue worlds to heel. In a display of poor decision making, Corellia, the Solo home planet, was chosen as target of this exercise.

Torn between his two families, the Jedi and his genetic one, Jacen chose to stand with his uncle, Luke Skywalker, on the side of the Alliance. But when the Corellians launched a counterstrike, armed conflict was ignited. With a dark shadow looming over everything and the Alliance starting to resemble the Empire in the eyes of galactic denizens, Jacen decided to find the light at the end of this dark tunnel and followed a trail of cryptic clues to a dark rendezvous with the most shocking of revelations.

Along with Ben and Nelani Dinn, a female Jedi who felt an attraction to him, Jacen followed a woman named Brisha Syo to an asteroid lair of Darth Vectivus. There, Syo revealed that she was none other than Lumiya, a Sith who had once known his uncle. Lumiya told Jacen about Vergere's true identity and purpose, and the young Jedi witnessed visions that confirmed what Lumiya told him: only by accepting her Sith teachings and embracing the dark side could he prevent the galaxy from sliding into chaos. After sparring with a dark side vision of Luke, and seeing an apparition of himself as a future Sith Lord, Jacen killed Nelani when she tried to arrest Lumiya, and agreed to the Sith's offer. He left the asteroid to search for an apprentice of his own, as Ben had been deemed too steepled in Jedi ways.

My comments: Since Ben's not going to be the next Sith apprentice, Allana would do the job, right? I mean who better than the daughter who holds the key to sixty-three worlds?

2. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    IF that is spoilers to LOTF, then I am officially off the cannon wagon

3. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Yup that's what it is. WOuldn't it be interesting if Allana follows the Skywalker/Solo tradition of going Sith because of a threat to a loved one, perhaps a consort?

4. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    According to Wikipedia, he does that because a vision tells him that the Galactic alliance will be destroyed if Lumiya is captured. Jacen seems to be acting on precognition again, against everyone.

5. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Note: The Index has been altered slightly. Fics written before Legacy of the Force: Tempest are in Index II; this has been changed from Legacy of the Force: Betrayal. The only real difference is that anything from now until Tempest comes out will be together in the second index post instead of being split between the second and third. Two fics added to the Index.

Don't forget to PM fic info if you'd like your fics indexed! :) My online time will be limited now that I'm working the graveyard shift and it's going to take a little while to get used to the new schedule. [face_tired] I won't be gone for long stretches, but might not be on every day or if I am, the length of time a day will be shorter than usual.

6. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Two new fics added!

Also, what do you think about possible writing challenges? We could do it very unofficial... more like writing prompts to write if the mood strikes, or if we want it more formal, I can try to clear it with a mod. Just fishing around to see if there would be any interest. :)

7. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    I'm always interested in challenges.

But I do like them to be official. It just makes it more fun. We don't need it to be a competition / challenge though. Just writing it would be good.

8. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Challenges are always a good thing ...

9. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    http://eleventh-guard.livejournal.com/132118.html

This is a poll regarding the challenge. If you don't have a LiveJournal, just leave a comment with your choice instead of clicking the ticky boxes; the journal is set up to accept anonymous comments and I can unscreen them from my email box or the journal itself.

10. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Blah. That's way to complicated for me. I just spent twenty minutes trying to figure out how to leave comments and couldn't do it.

Here's my vote though.:)

Formal challenge, once a month, with topics suggested by the group and chosen by the host

11. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    OK! Oops... I forgot that the default message of "leave a comment" is "Make me stronger in the Force" so it's click on that link, type in the message, and send.

But I'll tally votes from here, too. :)

12. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    I've got a question, as a thread participant and not as the host. Were the origins of Allana's name ever hinted at in canon? I know it's All(a)ya + Anakin, but is that just according to Denning out-of-universe, or is that also indicated in a story somewhere?

I had a bunny for another fic's mini subplot but decided it works stand-alone, too, but in this Allana got her name in a different way; would that be AU, or no?

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    That'd be canon.

14. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Awesome. Well, the story is kind of AU after all, although except for one line about Force weakening it could be taken as a very hammered-in story that is marginally compatible with canon. I'll just call it a slight AU and leave it alone.

15. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    I thought that Allana was a variant of Allya, the original Dathomir witch.

16. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I've always guessed that it was something out of Dathomir's past. Like the foundress of Singing Mountain Clan or something.

17. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I've always thought that TK would name one of her daughters either after the founder of Dathomir, Great Mother Allya or her maternal grandmother, Allaya. I'm not sure if this counts as an Allana fic since it's written from Jacen's perspective, but here is Death of a Sith Lord: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/24138795/p1/?4

18. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
  19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I just wrote a really dark Allana songfic. Is anyone willing to beta? I must warn you beforehand that I've a rambling habit whenever I try to write evil.

20. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    According to Wiki, Troy Danning decided on Allana because it was a combination of the first three words in the name Allya and Anakin, supposedly Jacen and Tenel Ka together decided on the name, though Troy does not tell use this in The Swarm War.

21. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Up. I really need help. Is anyone willing to beta the next chapter of one of my Allana fanfics? emerald said that she couldn't do it, and I'm not comfortable posting the unbeta'ed versions since I can't catch all of my own mistakes (most writers can't)?

22. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    I check it for you, Sil. Just the next chapter?

Hi, everyone!

23. Evil_Charity

Evil_Charity Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    YAY! A discussion thread for Allana!

I didn't think there would be one, but lo and behold, here it is! :D I just skimmed through the previous pages, and was very interested in everyone's ideas about the basically unfamiliar Allana. I used to imagine her with Jacen's brown hair and Tenel Ka's eyes, but now I'm starting to like the idea of blonde/strawberry blonde hair more and more. Hmm...

And I imagine Allana as living her earlier years on Hapes with her mother, unaware of her father. Thus, she upholds the traditions and morals of her homeworld. But once she became of age (what age is that on Hapes? Does anyone know?), Tenel Ka would tell her everything she hadn't before and let her decide what she wants to do. Allana decided to go to the Jedi Temple to train as a Jedi Knight. So basically, I picture her as her mother was in the YJK series.

But I mainly think that because I have a plot bunny idea where that's what happens. I guess I'm biased. :p

And I voted in the poll. :)

E[face_good_luck]C

24. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    Lets see, Females in a developed society typically reach physical, pysiological and sexual maturity by the age of sixteen(earlier in the US), culture seems very tolerant of sinlge parent families, so Sixteen is where I think a Hapan woman would come of age. Perhaps earlier for Nobles as they seem to have a higher mortality rate.

25. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Sixteen sounds about right, possibly eighteen. Isolder went all o_O when he was to be fixed up with Jaina, and Jaina was 19, so there seems to be SOME lingering "she's so young" in the 16-19 range, but that had a lot to do with Isolder being more than twice her age, and might have reflected the Hapan culture of females in charge. It would be almost incongruous for a man to be with a much, much younger woman, though it certainly happened; much like a woman being with a much younger man in American culture today. It happens, but it makes people do a double take, whereas the reverse doesn't even make most people blink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.