main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Allana Index and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Eleventh_Guard, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Isolder is old enough to be her father, he could have been her father if things turned out different. I think that had a lot to do with it. As for women with younger men, we are admittedly less mature at the same age, why compound it. My wife's three years younger than me, and I openly admit she's smarter and more mature.

(Jeff Foxworthy) "What are you clapping about ladies? I'm saying your smarter than a creature that has to flip its underwear and try to catch it with its head every time it takes the briefs off. You're smarter than that... Feel good when you get it on the first try though."

2. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    [face_laugh] Long ago (in a galaxy far away), all the way back to Jeruselum, further than that even, older men have dated younger women. In the Romeo-and-Juliet period, men in their late twenties married young, twelve-year-old girls. Lately, the age differences have been shortening, and now some couples have even flip-flopped.

Anyway, I think sixteen would be a good coming-of-age for Hapans. From the start they're power-grabbing wenches, so why wait until 21 when they can rule at 16? As for the pairings, I don't think most Hapans care about age as long as they "get a good one", but Isolder is onbiously more conservative, and of course he knew that marrying Jaina would be a quick way for him to join Teneniel. :)

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    If Isolder really wanted to join Teneniel, he would've dismissed a few of his guards or gone somewhere alone. Yeah, 16 is a really good age for Hapans to come of age. I, too, think that Allana would train as a Jedi but be more Hapan than her mother and bring some peace to teh court by marrying one of the nobles.

4. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    I didn't necussarily mean that Isolder wanted to join Teneniel. What I really meant was that he knew if he hooked up with Jaina then his "good friend" Han Solo would probably kill him right there. :) Certainly makes life interesting.

I guess I've always seen Allana taking the throne. I think that TK would definitely teach her some Force techniques, like devolping her danger sense, because she kind of needs those things on Hapes. Whether or not she trains as a Jedi, I'm undecided.

5. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I think that Allana should train on Ossus, simply because she's the only Solo grandchild and even if she doesn't end up being the only one, she'll still be the first. She has to carry on the tradition. On the other hand, if she trains on Hapes under TK or gets sent to Dathomir and put under the tutelage of Kirana Ti, she might end up as the last of the Jedi and save the order from her dad.

6. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Ugh. I almost forgot about my fury with Jacen. It would be so much easier if this were Dathomir. TK could wack him over the head and give him a good time out.

Honestly, I'm hoping there will be other children to "carry on the [Solo] tradition". Really. WAKE UP JACEN!!!!!!!!!! Okay, no more of that. Allana is cool, even if we know nothing about her. *forget about Jacen's stupidity, concentrate on Allana's coolness*

7. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    I have a fic where Tenel Ka does catch him and whack him over the head with a blunt object, then carry him back as her prize. :) But they were technically already married on Hapes - Allana was 19 and had just been crowned the new Queen Mother.

8. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    I think I read that one. It was good. I just wish cannon people could be so cool.

9. Evil_Charity

Evil_Charity Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    *sighs*

Jacen is starting to annoy me. It's almost as if he doesn't even acknowledge that he has a daughter. Doesn't he know that all you need is love? Love is a many splendid thing! Love lifts us up where we belong!

:p

Sorry, I watched Moulin Rouge last night.

E[face_good_luck]C

10. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    What good is love if you can't show it? If he let anyone know, the news would spread no matter what happened. Jacen probably keeps moment with Allana to himself, and probably tries not to think about what he's missing, or he'd feel the heart ache.

BTW, I beleive a human needs either shelter or a tropical climate, at least 200 calories of food per day, 2 gallons of water and at atmosphere(78%nitrogen, 21% Oxygen). Strictly speaking a person doesn't need love to live, but it keeps the quality of life up.

11. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Love is what keeps the drive going, what keeps life important. (I'm speaking of a philisophical sense. Don't know if it makes sense.) So,no, we don't need love to live, but how hard would life be if we didn't have anything to support us?

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Five new Allana fics up thanks to Zonoma's Drabble challenge! Here's the post: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/24388418/p1/?0

13. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    I'll update with the drabble link tomorrow when I get home from work. :)

14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm not sure if this counts as an Allana fic, since Allana's more like the fic's shaper than its major player, but here it is: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/24499147/p1/?9

15. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Doh! I totally forgot! I've got an Allana fic here: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/24506149/p1/?10

It's called "Never Alone".

16. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Okay, I've updated the index with new fics either PMed to me or on Page 6 of this thread. If I missed any from farther back, let me know.

PMs really do make it easier for me to keep track of fics, so I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd send me the info. All I actually need is the fic title, link, co-authors (if applicable) and a summary if you want one included in the index and there is no summary supplied on the fic itself. I can copy-paste summaries from the fic header, but I don't feel comfortable actually writing summaries for other people's stories.

Keep 'em coming! I'm pleasantly surprised by all the Allana fics, and I know there are more that aren't linked. :D

17. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Yup. Here's a new one for ya: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/24631709/p1/?1

18. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    oh, so this is for Allana-centric fics? (he asks like a complete dork.) I think i have one or two, or however many it is i actually have..i forget. i need to shoot off (BANG!) a pm to the J/TK index with some old stuff, so i'll see if i can't also aim my canon (ha! i made a funny! :D) this way too.

19. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Yes, indeed, anything that is about Allana and somehow pertaining to fanfic can go here. :) She doesn't have to be the main character of an indexed fic; she just has to be an important character in it.

20. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    A lot of people are doing a 'when Allana met her father' stories. Here's mine Home at Last

21. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
  22. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    I've written a short Allana viggie working-titled 'From Princess To Pauper' that's in beta right now. Once it's returned and posted I'll give you guys the link immediately. :) It's about Tenel Ka sending Allana away to the Academy to protect the girl. It is tied in to all of my other fics, but like everything else I've written it can be read solo.

On a side note, I think I'm a bit of a prophet . . . what with Jacen thinking he has to kill Allana and Tenel Ka and I had Jacen kill Tenel Ka (in flashback, of course) and he did try to kill Allana initally(mentioned in dialogue). Although now he's molding Allana into Ultimate Evil Sith Empress in my fic, not trying to kill her . . .

23. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Two fics added to the Index.

24. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Allana/TK story, 'From Princess To Pauper:

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/24914459/p1

Hope the Allana fans who haven't already read this story enjoy it. :D

25. LeatherNeck