main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy The Amazing Railroad

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by blubeast1237, Aug 7, 2014.

1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Theo the Intern eyes felt heavy. He had a major headache and the cold floor that was his impromptu bed was only making the sensation worse. He pushed himself to his elbows and opened his eyes. He was in a very nice railcar. This was a bit disorienting because the last thing he remembered doing was... Well he didn't quite remember, but it had something to do with a nightclub, he was absolutely sure....Well kind of.

Poloagi the asteroid miner was sitting on one of the benches trying to put his shoe back together. Theo shouted at the man from the floor "Where am I?", as his body felt like it would take more effort to move than Theo cared to apply. His voice was, undoubtedly, scaly. Like an alligator who could talk. That... was strange.

Poloagi looked up from his shoe with his third eye. "Um, I don't know pal." A very thick burly voice from a man that couldn't be a day over 19. "I woke up a couple of hours ago and wondered the same thing until I talked to the conductor."

A bubbling sound came from the next car ahead. A bubbling sound that literally sounded like someone blowing bubbles.

"The conductor... where is he?" Theo asked as he began trying to stand.

Poloagi thought for a second. "I don't know if he's a he....or she's a she. Hey !@#!@$!$" Theo was sure that the last....sound was calling someone, but he didn't know if he could make the same sound. No he was sure he couldn't make the same sound. Before he had a chance to ponder on it further, the car door slid open and a very, very large jellyfish moved into the car.

It begin making bubble sounds and Poloagi nodded. Theo drew the connection of what was happening."How do you understand that thing?" He asked Poloagi.

"I don't know. I just understand it." Poloagi said in a way that Theo knew the man had only now stopped to think about the why behind his understanding. "But the conductor says to calm down and they'll explain everything later."

--------
    Welcome to the Amazing Railroad. This is a fantasy RPG set on the OuterWorld Railroad System. Where? Why? These are questions that seem to lose meaning once you enter the ORS. But, what does matter, passenger, is that you are invited to join the trip. The trip wont be long and I'm thinking it will be a very unique RPG experiment!

You will be aboard 2 different railcars, to begin with. One is engineered by what appears to be a giant jellyfish called the Conductor. This is the railcar that the futuristic(to our time) asteroid miner and newly realized polyglot Poloagi and Theo the Intern(who's in the middle of a transformation) are riding in. This one is headed towards a good end. The other railcar is engineered by Moache, an overworked half star/half bear, whose railcar is on its last legs and is headed towards a bad end.

Now you may be wondering, where is the conflict? Who is the villain? Or something of that nature. Well the villain is a guy named Derek who seeks the destruction of the ORS entirely. The conflict...Well I suppose the conflict would be with Derek and attempting to stop him, but that's only if your character chooses to fight him. This story will be a bit unique as I plan on telling tales of a wide variety and some of them may or may not include Derek; the focus is intently on characters attempting to adjust, or not adjust, to their new lives.

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Luggage: (Clothes, weapons, etc)
    Short Background:
    Skills:
    Shortcomings:
    Illnesses:

Rules

1. No God-modding.
    2. GM’s word is law.
    3. Mind the TOS
    4. If you are unable to finish the trip, let me know!