main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST THE ANSWER TO THE MYSTERIOUS QUESTION *

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, May 9, 2022.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Author: Hopefulwriter
    Rating: G for everyone
    Characters: Han Solo and another
    Time Frame: After The Return of the Jedi

*SPOILER ALERT….This piece answers the question Han Solo was left pondering
    in my fiction posted here: THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO. It will be understood better
    if THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO is read first.

Han Solo sat comfortably in the back booth of Chalmun’s Spaceport Cantina on Ord Mantell, by habit, not by watching out for military police, bounty hunters and unsatisfied customers with whom he’d passed paths in years gone by. Besides, at seventy solar years of age, no one was after him anymore.

With the destruction of the second death star along with the death of Palpatine, things
    were quiet. He’d convinced Leia to take a consultant position with the rebellion and
    the new government was in basic operation and more recruits were being trained.
    And, because of the quiet, he decided to follow up on trying to find the one who’d
    said to him two solar years ago: “I’ve known who you are since you were born.”

He sat thinking….pondering..for the last hour, rolling the empty liquor glass between the fingers of his left hand….always keeping the right free and near his blaster…just in case. He’d
    ordered one drink, as he wanted to stay alert…his hazel, never missing a thing eyes,
    continuously searching the crowd, hoping to see the cloak enshrouded being.

He straightened, pulling his jacket away from his back thinking. (Perhaps the
    ‘old one’ was dead.) He’d be wasting his time sitting here…waiting…wondering.

His eyes drifting to the bar server, he took a deep breath… “I’ll ask him, better
    than waiting.” He mumbled. Leaving the empty glass on the table, he scooted around the booth seat and headed for the bar counter. Leaning with the same posture as thirty solar years ago,
    Han waited for a chance to talk to the server, the other denzins crowded around giving him a
    cursory glance.

Throwing a dirty towel over his shoulder the server approached Han, “You want another drink?”.

“No, just some information.”

The server looked Han over. “You paying?”

“I can.”

“Well?” Han counted out several chits and laid them on the bar.

“You remember a cloaked being that was in here about two years ago?”

The server’s belly shook as he laughed. “Friend, I don’t even remember who was in here
    yesterday.”

Han gave a sardonic laugh himself. “I sold a ship to him."

“Sold a ship, huh?” The server repeated, scratching his beard. “There are all kinds who
    come here from the outlying areas…even other planets and galaxies to buy and sell things.”

“This was a First Order Ship, I’d come into possession of it and wanted to
    ditch it quickly.” “I got a LX200B ship from him.”

The server’s eyebrows lifted…. “I do remember that.. raised quite a bit of talk and excitement
    when people saw it. Thought we were being invaded by the First Order.”

“So you know who the cloaked one is”?

“Let me think….he’s not been in here for quite a while…..it’s Yagi….Yagi…something…..
    Yagi Kipo…that’s his name.” The server snapped his fingers in remembrance.

“Yagi Kipo.” Han repeated. “Have any idea where he might be?”

The server shook his head. “No.”

Han turned around, leaned back and placed his elbows on the counter….surveying the revelers
    again.

“Son of Nine Evils!” The server spouted, there he is!”

Han jumped, turning to the server. “Where?”

“Just coming in the door.”

The Corellian darted his glance to the spot, then knit his brow. This wasn’t the cloaked being
    he remembered; he was dressed in tan tunic pants and long shirt, covered with a white vest. His
    weathered face, what Han could remember, seemed the same.

The humanoid being walked straight to Han. “Good to see you again. I know our first meeting
    left you with questions and I wondered when you would try to seek out the answers.”

“Sure did.” Han replied.

The being nodded to the server and said to Han. “Let’s go to a booth and I’ll answer those questions.”

Han’s heart began beating fast as a school boy asking for his first date. The being led to the
    same booth where the Corellian had been sitting . Seated, the being began. “My name is Yagi Kibo.”

“The server told me your name. Seems like quite a coincidence to me that you showed up just
    when I was about to leave.” Han told him.

“No coincidence…I knew you were here.”

Han shook his head…beginning to have a creepy feeling. “How do you know so much about
    me?”

“It’s no mystery,” The being said, “Except to you. I’ll start from the beginning. My family
    lived on Correll, just as yours did. I was five solar years old when you were born, so that makes
    me seventy five solar years. Of course, at that age, I didn’t know what all the fuss was about.” He gave a small laugh.

Shortly after that, my family moved to the closer to the sun farming colony of TsevraH.” The being pointed to his face..”Hence all the wrinkles…working in the sun too long. Our families kept in touch for a while, but as some, each life took a turn of its own and soon you lose touch. As I grew I became interested in the direction your life took. I kept up with the Universal news and learned about your military exploits as well as your pending Court Marshall.” The being took a deep breath. “And your frequenting planet cantinas.”

Han sat spellbound.

“There was little news after that, as I found out later, you began smuggling. You were harder
    to keep track of then, until this business about Darth Vader and the Death Star arose and made
    the Universal broadcasts. You turned out to be quite a pilot. Then, the years passed…uneventful
    for me…until I once again heard about the Second Death Star.

“I’d heard you’d been ‘killed’….but later found out you had been rescued. I just took a chance that you would come to Mos Eisley one day. Just like you, I’ve waited here many times, hoping YOU would show up. I live here now. A friend of mine spotted the Falcon coming in and told me. I rushed here hoping I was in time. That ship is an infamous as you now.” The being stopped.

“Is that all?” Han asked.

“In a condensed manner. When I bought that ship and provided another I wanted to help.”

“But you haven’t told me who you are.” Han sputtered.

“Why, your mother and my mother were sisters, I’m your cousin.”

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A very interesting encounter, only to find they're related! :cool:

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, appreciate you taking time to read. You are always
    an encouragement. Lynda V.

4. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Love the planet TsevraH, Harvest spelled backwards!

Not sure of the timeline of the story though, but I believe it's well-written so far. Good job!

5. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    HI Study,
    Appreciate you taking time to read. Loved your comment. I put in some 'teasers' like
    that now and then.
    The timeline is before the Force Awakens. Lynda V.

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and study888 like this.
  6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    It's nice to know Han has some family out there. :)

Will you write more on this subject?!? [face_batting]

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  7. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, appreciate you taking time to read. Hadn't thought about
    expanding the story. You've given me something to think about.
    Lynda V.