main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anti-Draft: Where Fast Is Slow and Slow is Fast [Currently: Shurron wins]

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Hey, if you can bring up examples of Kintaro actually fighting, feel free to share. I read the Wiki and watched a bunch of YT videos that had no fighting in them. It made him seem like a damn good pick. At least Johnny's got a stick.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Ah, that is correct, my bad. I gave Austin's point to you.

Since it's a holiday weekend, I'm going to wait until tomorrow (and seriously, folks, I need numbers - one person has sent them in so far. So I hope it's because you're all off enjoying the holiday . . .) and I'll do the team battle.

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah, it's only because you said we have until Monday. I'll have them in tonight.

4. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I finally remembered to send in my numbers, kept forgetting to do it all weekend.

[image=http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2728/1239641795339.gif]

5. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    We still don't know who won the tied match.

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Oh, heh. Yeah, forgot about that as well. Oh well, not like it'll change my numbers any.

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yep, team battle left. If you send in numbers after the battle, no big deal, but I really would like them aqap.

Shurron's Anal Leakage: The Team (5) vs. RX's The Frickin' Laser Beams (3)

Anal Leakage: The \Team:
    Abobo (Double Dragon)
    Mola Ram (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom)
    Motor Ed (Kim Possible)
    Makoto Mizuhara
    Little John (The Adventures of Robin Hood)
    Link (Link: The Faces of Evil)
    Katsuhiko Jinnai
    Rocky Balboa (Rocky series)

The Frickin' Laser Beams:
    Dr. Evil (Austin Powers)
    Aribeth (Neverwinter Nights)
    Winston Zeddemore (Ghostbusters)
    Professor Dementor (Kim Possible)
    Kintaro Oe (Golden Boy)
    Mandark (Dexter's Laboratory)
    Bowser (Mario Bros.)
    Austin Powers (Austin Powers)

8. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    So before I say anything on the team situation, there's an important factor that I haven't seen brought up yet. Maybe I missed where it was said, but for team battles, does everyone come in prepped or unprepped?

An so I guess I might as well get that Kintaro stuff out of the way until that's answered. Yeah... Kintaro. No, he's not some supreme badass who'll decimate whoever he comes across in this draft, but he's sure better than Little John. Yeah, I was gonna pick him as a joke in this animated draft, but then I revised my roster after I saw how stupid the hero/villian situation was gonna end up being.

First off, even though he usually pretends to be an idiot, he's actually extremely intelligent and something of a prodigy at practically everything he sets his mind to learning. He goes from knowing next to nothing about computers to being able to create a computer program that's better in every way when compared to the program written by an entire company's worth of professionals. And he does this in a very short span of time. But that example really doesn't have anything to do with why he could beat LJ, so let's leave that be.

One thing that does factor in is the swimming episode. In that episode, he goes from this to being able to keep up a former olympic gold medalist in less than a month. Granted, she was still holding back some and Kintaro had some, uhhhh, motivation going for him at the time. But still, that's pretty crazy. And Ms. gold medal was definitely impressed. No, it's not a combat feat, but Kintaro is, absolutely without a doubt, in much, much better shape than LJ.

Also not a combat feat, but there's no way I can let this part go unseen. Using athleticism, balance and dexterity that LJ couldn't match in a million years, along with a healthy does of pure dumb luck, Kintaro manages to out-race a high performance motorcycle... on a bicycle. And then he somehow manages to survive a fall of at least hundreds of feet, if not well over a thousand.

But yes, there is a combat feat for him. Right near the start of this clip. He'd previously let that guy kick the crap out him (he deliberately took multiple beatings over the course of the series), but clearly, when he has to, he can thrown down. And if you listen to what he said after that, he apparantly has had some formal training. And while we never actually see that, given how he tends to utterly own whatever he gets training in, I'd say he'd pretty much have to be a masterful fighter. I mean, that guy was no professional fighter, but Kintaro handled him with quite a bit of ease.

Taking Kintaro's character into account, I can tell you what I think would be extremely likely to happen when he sees who he's going to have to fight. He'll probably see it as a challenge and then give himself a crash course in stick fighting. And while it'd certainly take him longer than a day to become one of the best stick fighters in the world, he doesn't have to become the best in world here. He just has to become better than this. Let's get real here. That right there isn't all that great. Within the span of 24 hours, Kintaro should easily be able to get to that level of proficiency, if not a bit better. Combine that with far superior stamina, reflexes, ingenuity and better overall combat skills (and sure, a proven dumb luck factor), Kintaro should've easily won that match.

9. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    The teams are prepared.

10. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    That seems good enough for me. At least enough feats for me to make the flop on over to Kintaro, and save us the trouble of judging the team battle.

11. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I guess. But actually, I'm not even worried about the team battle, especially if everyone's prepped.

Let's get cohesion out of the way. Both teams have little to no cohesion. They're both about equally horrible.

Link - He's pretty much the only one on my team who's got the potential to last more than ten seconds against these opponents. I won't say this CD-i Link is worthless as a fighter, but he's stil worse than any of his Nintendo-made counterparts that I can think of. His equipment is generally inferior, and his opponents (especially that world's Ganon) are all pretty lame, so his quality-of-opposition factor is lacking. He's also the only character on my team that can bring any sort of ranged option to the table. He can do the shoot-his-sword when he's at full health. And he's got some crappy bombs, which I suppose he could pass around to others if he wanted. But they suck. And overall, when they're prepped, I see five characters on the other team that he can't beat. And one or two that can completely demolish him.

Rocky - Brings nothing but his fists to the team. And determination, sure. But under the right circumstances, I could see every single member of other team beating him one-on-one. A couple are questionable, but yeah. And Yak's right, he can't box.

Motor Ed- Could be somewhat effective, but the problem is he just doesn't give a ****. Who on the other team could he beat? I don't see anyone. But I've only seen one episode of KP with Ed in it. So if I'm way off on this one and he's actually pretty good, please correct me. Maybe he'd be inclined to tear ass around the battlefield on one of his hogs? That could make him more effective (not nearly enough, though).

Mola Ram - He's got the heart-ripping move, but that's about it. But he has to be close. And the enemy is so chocked full of ranged options, that'd never happen. Never. He relies on his goons for everything else, and he gets none of those here.

Abobo - Big and strong, but slow and dumb. Like Rocky, brings nothing to the team but his fists.

Little John - Fat guy with a stick.

Makoto - This guy is one that should never have been on the animated list. I think I'm the one responsible for him being on there in the first place, but IIRC, it's pretty much because it didn't seem right (at the time) to have characters from that series on the list and not have the main character. So he was put on there for the hell of it and I guess he managed to avoid getting purged. But yeah, he's just... a kid. He has no fighting skills, is not particularly intelligent, is weak even by normal standards, and his only special skill (being able to interface with ancient El Hazard technology) is worthless in this draft. The opposition has no EL Hazard tech he can disable, and it's not like he keeps a stash of ancient EH weaponry around his pad for occasions like this. Plus he's a cross-dresser. He's a typical damsel in distress, except he's technically a dude. The only thing, and I do mean the only useful thing about him is his cat. Seriously. Uru, the crazy El Hazard shield cat that can stretch around his torso and protect him from some damage and occasionally jumps off and restrains opponents like a boa constrictor. Pretty much the only reason I don't have a problem with the trump beating Dementor is Uru, who was pretty much the most effective individual character in that match. If Makoto didn't automatically come with Uru... well, yeah, Dementor sucks, but at least he's indredibly stocky and strong compared to those two boobs. That match would pretty much be an incredibly lame fist fight, but against those two (who, yes, do hate eachother), Dementor would seriously be at an advantage. But yeah, Uru could potentially win that match for Makoto.

Jinnai - This guy actually could've been moved to the strategist section of the animated draft, but otherwise, he also has no business on that list. No useful powers, no fighting ability, and he's also weak like Makoto. He can talk to the bug

12. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I agree with everything you're saying. There is no way that my team could lose. Aribeth alone could take them all. Good luck in the next round.

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Shurron wins. Shurron and Hammu, get me your numbers tonight.

14. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Oh, well yeah. If there's no official flop, then I suppose RX's team does take this. Aribeth was just a terrible pick, and with the prep Mandark (and possibly Winston as well) becomes an instant team buster. Shadow's team just doesn't gain nearly as much with prep.

Winner: RX

Real Winner: Shadow

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    BaSSiL's RRAAAARRL! (0) vs Shurron's Anal Leakage: The Team (0)

EF's Tim and Eric Awesome Team Great Job! (0) vs. Hammu's Team Nameless (0)

[b]#1[/b].

[b][hl=purple][color=lightpurple]Claire Bennet (Heroes) TRUMPED w/ Michael Myers (Halloween) (Movie/TV Draft)[/color][/hl][/b] [b]vs[/b] [b][hl=deepskyblue][color=white]Makoto Mizuhara TRUMPED with Katsuhiko Jinnai (El Hazard)
    [/color][/hl][/b]

[b][hl=orange][color=white]Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs) trumped with DNAmy (Kim Possible)(Unprepared)[/color][/hl][/b] vs. [b][hl=brown][color=orange]Tyler Durden (unprepped)[/color][/hl][/b]

16. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Bump with my current thoughts.

First match: I'm leaning slightly towards the former trump. Myers actually has killing experience (lol) and I would think Bennet could get her hands on a pistol with the 24 hours prep, assuming her teammate doesn't kill her first (which he very well might). The latter trump apparently has zero fighting experience, but they still come from a futuristic universe, so perhaps they could acquire some super-duper tech? I'll have to research that a little bit, hopefully have my thoughts up in the next few days.

Second match: Leaning Durden and his fists of fury. Hannibal is Hannibal and DNAmy has the name DNAmy. So yeah.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Claire is a minor. Where is she getting a handgun?

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    And don't say her father. She's had that chance multiple times. She always goes for the one shot per gun company issue tazer gun. ALWAYS.

19. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Well, she's a Heroes character. You can't expect her to make rational decisions.

20. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I haven't followed this season past the first few episodes, but at one point early on (maybe the second or third episode) she had a handgun pointed at Peter's head (for a reason I can't remember). Now obviously this was pointless because it's flippin Peter Petrelli, but she still had it. And then she went through that little badass (can I say that EF?) phase a little after that. There was some scene with a fire, and... bleh, I can't remember. Anyways, I do recall her having a gun at the start of the third season. Does that count for this draft, or was it too late?

Edit: My mistake - it was right at the beginning of the third season, but it was future Claire who tries to shoot future Peter. Therefore ineligible, and therefore weaponless Claire (unless there's something else I'm forgetting).

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Badass is fine; ass is on the allowed list.

With the prep, wouldn't she be able to get the taser if that's what she likes?

22. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I've never seen her use a Company taser, but according to Wiki she's had one on multiple occasions like Bassil said. Chances are she could acquire multiple tasers, and one would assume that she would shoot Myers right off the bat. However many shots it would take to "kill" Mikey, I think Claire would go in alone.

We still need to figure out what kind of tech this other trump might be able to get with their prep though - most likely to counter solo Claire (although they wouldn't know that). I'm still really busy to do any research, but hopefully I'll get to this in a few days.

23. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    This, now that I think about it, isn't too hard. If they're both prepped, Myers knows about Claire's weakness right? Shouldn't he just own her and leave somethin stuck in her neck?

Then again, I've never seen him fight. Does he have actual skill? She has at least the beginnings of training. What does he have?

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Wouldn't she just heal herself?

25. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    She can't if the serious-injury-causing object is still in there. For example, stab her through the head with an iron bar, she's catatonic until you pull it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.