main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Again, it has been established that he led many military campaigns for months as Enigma. He could be doing just that in the other side of the galaxy during these episodes. Not to mention the fact that the plot of Son of Dathomir was something conceived by Sidious. Why would Dooku bring Vos (who had secretly became his apprentice) and expose himself again to his own master?

I don't know. I would like to know though, hence why I asked. But it seems to be just conjecture.

2. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    I love these! Is there a database of all the character models and art somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I was wondering the same thing. Do we know Vos is a secret from Darth Sidious? Dooku could feel it'd be too dangerous if Darth Sidious caught him hiding an apprentice. So Dooku might let Sidious know but downplay it. Also Dooku might feel it's impossible to hide something like an apprentice from his master, so why even try .

What do you think?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    This Imgur album has pretty much all the unfinished arcs concept art and model sheets that have been released:

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's not a secret that he's an Admiral serving Dooku and the separatists. It's a secret that he's his apprentice.

It is dangerous. As a Sith apprentice himself, he shouldn't have an apprentice at all. By having an apprentice, Dooku is automatically defying Sidious and plotting against him. And Sidious would obviously enforce the Sith way and order Dooku to get rid of him. Just like he did with Ventress.

Because it's a betrayal and his life would be on the line too.

kalzeth likes this.
  6. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    One thing I just remembered from all this Vos talk is that in The Path, Dooku introduces Vos to Sidious. I can't remember if he introduces him as his Apprentice or not, but just something to remember that Sidious does not know Vos before the events of The Path. Now, this might be unique to the novel only, but as we don't know what's in the draft scripts, I'll just assume it's part of the original plan.

Which means if he was to show up in SoD, it would have to be on Zanbar, as Maul shows Sidious the captured Grievous and Dooku after the Ord Mantell battle. If Vos was captured there instead, it would contradict Dark Disciple.

7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    @Alexrd - Right, I agree Dooku would never call Vos his 'apprentice' to his master. There would be some cover story, but Sidious would know about Vos working for Dooku. Dooku called Ventress his 'assassin'. What did Dooku call Savage Opress?

8. Gudenruben2

Gudenruben2 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 10, 2014
    I just updated the album with the new sketches revealed at the 10th anniversary panel for completeness.

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Nothing. Savage left Dooku before Sidious was aware of anything.

And yes, Sidious would be aware of Vos working for Dooku. He became a separatist admiral after all.

10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Thanks for the link to the gallery. Would Order 66 be shown happen at some point during the Siege of Mandalor Arc??

If so has Rex already removed his chip? And if so do you think we'd have seen that in an earlier episode? R2 and Rex perhaps? There is an alien abduction Yuzam Vong Arc. Could someone get their chip removed during an alien probe?

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Another change that they made was Depa Billaba originally being the dead Jedi from the Utapau arc. When and why then changed that remains a mystery. I hope it was not for the sake of Rebels...

kalzeth likes this.
  12. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    It looks like the change happened before the animatic stage. Master Tu-Anh's character model appears to be be reusing a generic villager head with a generic Jedi body. Usually a movie character is recognizable on the show.

kalzeth likes this.
  13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Or they changed the animatic later because they wanted the character for the other series.

14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Ooh interesting, in this new bit of concept art, we can see that the original concept for The Banshee in Dark Disciple was a hybrid of the Millennium Falcon and the Republic Frigate:
    [​IMG]

The final design was based on early concept art for the Republic Gunship in AOTC.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The latter is much more original.

16. Gudenruben2

Aug 10, 2014
    I asked Matt Martin about it and as far as he knows it wasn't supposed to be Depa Billaba (he didn't work on the show though).

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This is a great time for speculation. I love it. What we know is that Filoni stated that 12 brand new episodes were going to be released for the streaming content. So the word new, means that we have not seen the stuff. True, Bad Batch and Crystal Crisis are almost complete, but we have seen those. Chances are, in a season 7 blue ray release they will be added in there because the Bad Batch was only released on-line and not in any blue ray format.

My bet is the Ashoka arcs. Those three arcs have the most weight with the character, especially after seeing her in Rebels and her having her own novel. It makes the most sense. Lets not forget that she had some powerful moments in Rebels.

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I was with you on the three Ahsoka arcs at first, but now I think for variety’s sake and giving something to a wide range of fans, they’ll want to mix in arcs with other characters. In particular I think we’d need a Clone arc since the other Ahsoka ones don’t put a huge emphasis on Clones (maybe a bit in Siege of Mandalore). Since that trailer they showed put such an emphasis on Clones, wouldn’t it be false advertising if they hyped the Clones so much and then all we got were the Ahsoka arcs? So I’ve been somewhat convinced by the others that one of them will be the Bad Batch arc especially with those shots in the trailer looking to be from that arc. Kashyyyk arc featured the Bad Batch also so that one has a slight chance for the Clone slot; if they are considering s Season 8 though, it would make sense to do Bad Batch now and Kashyyyk later.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    If completed, they would still be new episodes. To argue that they are not over the niche release on the official site in the unfinished state they were made available as, seems a bit pedantic.

20. Gudenruben2

Aug 10, 2014
    They would be new from a certain point of view but I wouldn't call them "all-new episodes" which starwars.com does.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I would. If finished, they are indeed proper all-new episodes. What they released were animatics of unfinished episodes, with some "bells and whistles" for the fans that don't care about watching the story in that state. And while we can appreciate it and get the gist of what they were going to do, they are not de facto episodes.

Of course, people are free to pretend the trailer doesn't show a shot from the Bad Batch arc and create expectations that will inevitably not be met.

22. Gudenruben2

Aug 10, 2014
    Either way it is an episode we have seen. Personally I expect Crystal Crisis, Bad Batch and Siege of Mandalore and would only be happy to be proved wrong (except for Siege of Mandalore of course). The curious thing about the trailer shot from "A Distant Echo" is that the end of the clip doesn't match the released episode.

Sandtrooper956 and cwustudent like this.
  23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The released "episode" was not finished to begin with, so there's nothing out of the ordinary about it.

24. Gudenruben2

Aug 10, 2014
    That's not really fair to the story reel. The lightning and rendering obviously isn't finished but the script, voice acting and camera work were finished. The end of the shot from the trailer fundamentally alters the scene from the episode since the episode has dialogue at that point. I am completely convinced that nothing or almost nothing would have changed between the reel and the finished episode if it had been released on schedule.

chrcharcor2 and RaptorMusic like this.
  25. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    We have seen one major example of an animatic differing from the finished episode: Shades of Reason in Season 3.

In the animatic, as shown by deleted scenes from the blu-ray, the original plot and structure of the ep was very different. It was originally a prequel to Trespass rather than a sequel, Chuchi was originally one of Papnoida's daughters, Chairman Cho was still around, and Ahsoka and Chuchi's plot took place on Pantora rather than a TF Battleship. So there's evidence of major restructuring after the animatic was made.

Whether that was the case with other episodes, or was going to happen to Utapau or Bad Batch, is unknown, but it does have some precedent.