main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gudenruben2

Gudenruben2 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 10, 2014
    I didn't know that and that is very interesting! Then it is possible for the episode to be restructured but since these reels were released and are listed on Starwars.com's chronological episode order for TCW I think they consider them canon. Well, we'll have to wait and see what happens. I guess they'll release a longer trailer were we'll be able to identify the arcs easily during the next celebration.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

cwustudent likes this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Here's the specific animatics if anyone's interested:

It's actually quite interesting comparing early animatics to the Season 7 reels, as even they show a marked improvement in detail over the earlier work.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  3. Gudenruben2

Aug 10, 2014
    A difference between these and Crystal Crisis/Bad Batch are that these lack finished voice acting. It sounds like temp-voices to me at least.

edit: Thanks for the link by the way!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    True, the fact that the Season 7 reels were fully voiced lends credence to them being 'locked in' guides to the finished episodes.

One thing about the new trailer shot is that it's clearly not designed as part of the original scene's context. It's not a military march, there shouldn't be any Venators there at that moment in time. It's meant to be a dialogue scene, not an epic pan shot.

Either they just altered the ending for the trailer, or the Distant Echo shot is being repurposed for a new arc.

5. Gudenruben2

Aug 10, 2014
    Another possibility is that the shot will be used in a recap before another episode (since episodes often start with some kind of montage).

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/...one-wars-challenges-dave-filoni-final-season/

Sounds like we won't just be getting the original Crystal Crisis & Bad Batch animatics full animated;

"We're also working at certain points with some material that we had written in the past, and so I've gone back and looked at it because I'm a different storyteller, and I think a better storyteller now. And how do we improve things, you ask yourself. I mean, we do that every season, in all honesty, so, in the last season, Rebels should be significantly better than the first. And the same is true for Clone Wars. So now how do I take a show that we stopped making five years ago and make it better than it was? That's the challenge. We're not just recreating it. We are continuing it, and we have to make it better."

Based on what Filoni says here they're re-writing these 12 episodes fresh. So even if we do get those two arcs (which I'm still not convinced of since those stories are out there already) they won't be the same as what we've already seen.

I guess this also opens up the possibility that some of the arcs will be condensed so we could get more than 3 arcs in the 12 episodes.

Also, regarding the Bad Batch footage in the trailer, it's possible they just quickly completed that one shot for the trailer because it fit nicely and was already almost complete.

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Nobody said we are getting them exactly 'as-is', only that those are the arcs (along with the Siege of Mandalore) that we are probably going to see. The Bad Batch shot from the trailer being an obvious indication.

Not to mention that Filoni says nothing of completely re-writing any of the stories they made. But merely improving certain points.

Personally, and unless he's talking about details that don't change the story, I'd rather they stick to what they settled out to do all those years ago.

8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    To be honest, I thought "as-is" was precisely why people thought we would get those two arcs - they were nearly completed. Especially in the case of Crystal Crisis which didnt have footage used in the teaser. If they're re-writing the episodes then, depending on the extent of the changes, that argument may become meaningless as they would need to redo everything anyway (again, depending on how much they change).

Nobody said they were doing a 100% re-write. But this does prove they're not just going to take existing animatics and voice work, and just finish the animation. Personally I think he's meaning improving the way he tells the stories, not changing the stories, and maybe condensing the number of episodes per arc so they can tell more stories in this new season.

Jedi Knight Fett and credar like this.
  9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, they weren't. They were in a more advanced state than others, but they obviously didn't pass the animatics stage.

We talked about Crystal Crisis because of the inclusion of the Bad Batch shot, since both arcs were in the same development phase.

What we saw in the animatics was not going to be the final product. Things change from that phase to the final one, it happened virtually all the time. We do get the gist of it, and that was the point. The voice and soundtrack was done specifically as a treat for fans.

Jesta' likes this.
  10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Of course it wasn't the final product, it was animatics. If I recall correctly the voices were already done (one of the reasons they chose those particular arcs), it was the soundtrack that was completed specially for the animatic release. Could be wrong though, it's been a few years. Nearly complete is just that, nearly. They still needed the soundtrack (which was done for release) and finished animation.

Yes, there likely would have been some tweaks, but it doesn't sound like Filoni is just talking about minor adjustments, like a few lines of dialogue or a camera angle, in that interview.

All I'm saying is that, based on that interview, it sounds like they're re-working things, using knowledge they've gained since the series ended, to tell the stories better. So the existing animatics may not mean anything when considering which arcs will make up this new season.

credar and RaptorMusic like this.
  11. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    All the music used in the 2 story reels was reused from other episodes, there was nothing original to them.

ChrisLyne and RaptorMusic like this.
  12. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    I hope so. I really do.

13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Hopefully! I'd prefer 4 concise trilogies.

Jesta' and ChrisLyne like this.
  14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'm with you on this, and there is no confirmation that they are producing the Crystal Crisis arc, that is purely speculation. The Bounty Hunter arc and Ahsoka Underworld arc were pretty much as far along as that one and Bad Batch. I see the point about seeing Bad Batch shots in the trailer, but after reading that article, I get the impression that he is using some of the material but reworking it. This could be good if that means we are getting more content incorporated from the selection of untold stories, if they make sense in the overall scope of the 12 episodes. I think there are times where the Clone Wars arcs were drug out to meet the 4 episode arc format, so i'm not going to say that they need to adhere to what was originally written. I will put faith in Filoni and team to figure out the best way to tell these stories, they have not let me down so far.

Also, i'd be happier to see content from the untold stories we haven't seen yet rather than the ones we have seen as story reels/novel/comic.

15. CloneWarsSupporterNumber1

CloneWarsSupporterNumber1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2018
    Or that shot with Hunter and the Bad Batch could be from the arc where they go to Kashhyyk and help he Wookiees.

I think it’s repurposed for the arc where the Bad Batch goes to Kashhyyk.

Most of that shot in the trailer looks like it is from the opening of the second episode of the Bad Batch arc, the only exception of that shot being the scene where Anakin, Rex and Hunter look up at the Republic fleet. THAT is why people think that is from the Kashhyyk arc and not the original Bad Batch arc, which I believe.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2018
    RaptorMusic, TetsuAero and ChrisLyne like this.
  16. Gudenruben2

Aug 10, 2014
    I updated my album () with concept art from the wookiee and Ahsoka arcs thanks to TetsuAero. This concept art confirms that at least the second and third episodes of the Ahsoka arc (prod. codes 606/607) takes place on a Pyke controlled planet.

17. CloneWarsSupporterNumber1

Aug 10, 2018
    Excuse me. But, does anyone know where they got the information that the Siege of Mandalore is Clone Wars production codes 7.21, 7.22, 7.23 and 7.24? If they do, where is the info from? I can’t find it anywhere.

Nah. I think you’re just want to believe that to fit your bogus conspiracy theory in your mind, just like you’re so convinced Maul was meant to die in the Siege of Mandalore, when clearly you’re wrong on that, too. Lucas planned Maul to survive that arc like he did with Ahsoka. It’s not that hard for you to accept and realize. Just admit you’re wrong.

Lucas planned for Maul to survive the Siege of Mandalore. Those sketches of that arc from Ahsoka’s Untold Tales panel proves it. Even Pablo Hidalgo tweeting the plan from Lucas was to have Maul survive that arc proves that. And, Filoni said (in the Ahsoka Untold Tales Panel here: ) that everything in those sketches and loose scripts of Siege of Mandalore were all faithful to what Lucas planned, again meaning Lucas planned for Maul to survive the Siege of Mandalore. @Outsourced is right, IMO.

Depa Bilaba being changed to another Jedi was not because of Rebels. And, I believe Matt Martin over you when he says as far as he knows, it was not going to end up being Depa Billlaba as the dead Jedi.

It’s unfortunate and a bit worrying that you have a hard time getting that through your thick skull, because of negative feelings towards Disney for not using Lucas’s 7-9 treatments that you’ve gone out of the way to make up bogus thoughts of what YOU think Lucas planned that simply are wrong. It’s ALL WRONG. You’re so misguided and misinformed to believe that without any info to back you up on that and the fact that you actually believe stuff like that and don’t believe any of the facts people tell you to convince you otherwise is KINDA scary when I see your posts of self-entitled beliefs in the message boards that are not true. I really think you gotta just slow down in trying to say these things weren’t Lucas’s plan when it clearly WAS. I’m sorry that you won’t take my message lately but I feel I must inform you of this, because it has to be addressed, as it feels you’re spreading lies because you don’t care what other people are telling you that are clearly proving you wrong.

Also, I believe you’re wrong that finished versions of the Bad Batch and Crystal Crisis arcs could be considered “new” arcs because people already know about the arcs and have seen them, especially the Crystal Crisis arc on the Clone Wars Lost Missions DVD. So, that’s why I think you’re wrong and why one of the other 2 arcs will be the Bad Batch on Kashhyyk with a newsreel flashback explaining the Bad Batch’s first arc with an explanation on how Echo came back to speed things up.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2018
  18. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I want to see,

Dark Disciple animated mostly because I've developed quite the crush for the Mahran jedi, Akar-Deshu, and would love to see my boy animated. While I think the book was a fitting end for Ventress' character I do also think she deserves to get her final moments animated as this was the show that this incarnation of her character originated from.

The Siege of Mandalore obviously, and from the look of things we're getting that one. So hype hype hype.

Mon Cala Literally one of my favorite planets and I feel like we didn't get enough Kit Fisto from the show.

Son of Dathomir would be cool but I think that comic did it justice and it's not really something that needs to be done. Bounty Hunter is in the same boat. They already showed Cad Bane's death at the hands of Boba Fett, so while it would be cool to see, it's not necessay.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, I don't have to admit anything thing to you, someone who finds so hard to accept the fact that I have a different opinion from you (an opinion made from years of following BTS interviews, material, etc...), made evident on your constant quotes of my old posts in the last couple of days. But hey, if I'm that important to you, feel free to do it. Do keep in mind that you still have almost 10000 posts left to quote though.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Jesta', cwustudent and Moll like this.
  20. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    This was a tough one, I imagine we are going to get two arcs where Ahsoka plays a roll, hope one of them is not her origin story, a comic is good enough for that. Am not 100% sold on Bad Batch as being one either DO NOT WANT Maul..
    and it makes a lot of sense for them to polish up improve reals/storyboards as that will take less money then developing "new" complete story lines from scratch.

21. CloneWarsSupporterNumber1

Aug 10, 2018
    Well, while your opinion may not be like mine, that doesn’t make it a fact. Facts are facts and opinions are opinions. Clearly, though, you think your opinion is a fact when it’s not a fact at all.

22. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Akar Deshu was actually the invention of Christie Golden, so if they decided to finish the animatics there's a 99% he will not be in it.

Merric, cwustudent and Jesta' like this.
  23. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Was he? I read somewhere that Katie Lucas was the one who came up with the Mahran species so I just assumed that Desh and Bayons were going to be in the original Clone Wars episodes. That and Filoni's obvious love for wolves. I guess there's more original content in the book than I thought.

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The only arc that's a sure bet of the list is the Siege of Mandalore. Bounty Hunter is a close second, the others no way, it won't happen. It will either be Jedi Temple/Sith arc or the Wookie arc. The combo that I think can happen is the Ashoka 1313 arc, Jedi Temple/Sith shrine arc, and Siege of Mandalore. That's if they stay true to the 3, 4-parter arcs. Things can change and we really don't know what we are getting

RaptorMusic likes this.
  25. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Here's the interview :)
    https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/star-wars-dark-disciple-christie-golden-interview-clone-wars/

Merric likes this.