main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Do you think it is possible we may see the unfinished episodes released in comic or novel form, like SoD and DD? Although it does not have the same charm as the animated episodes, it is certainly better than nothing and would still be interesting to see what they were thinking of doing for the unfinished arcs. I really hope they release something eventually to finish off all the episodes, whether that be animations or even just detailed synopsis of each episode.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Darkslayer likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think seeing the episodes in book or comic form is more likely than seeing them animated but still not that likely

Moll likes this.
  3. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    [face_praying]
    Although I do somewhat agree with this remark, maybe it is time to call it a day on The Clone Wars (as they seem to be doing anyway) and start making some new material that could use the same or similar style. Rebels itself was the not the greatest though, the Clone Wars is far superior.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I say outside of the animation department, this season of Clone Wars and last season of Rebels are same quality.

Moll likes this.
  5. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    They don't look similar at all, neither in skintone nor headshape.

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also when it comes to Rebels it needs a sequel plain and simple TCW does not.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    OK, so there are different races of Kyuzo then. As there are Nikto, Mon Cal, etc. It’s not that difficult a concept to grasp.

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I would strongly disagree with that assessment. Rebels S4 was...ok? Clone Wars S7 was next level amazing.

Really want those remaining 40 episodes!

9. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    It´s a concept yes, but unlikely.

Anyway, enough about that. I ordered the Rebels artbook last week. I wonder if it included any altered TCW concept art. Has anyone bought it?

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Said it in another thread but I'll say it again. I think the best thing to do with the remaining stories is to tell them in comic book form like Son of Dathomir or the Clone Wars Adventures series they have coming up. I kind of would prefer a visual story to a series a novels especially since there were so many left. I'd also be interested in seeing more stories connected to it that predate the show like the one story Dave had about how Ahsoka was recruited into the Jedi temple.

Moll likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Filoni seemed done. That is it. Plain and simple if Filoni doesn’t want to do more we won’t get more. If Filoni wanted to do more we would be getting more

Sandtrooper956 and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Couldn't agree more. Seems like a waste for them to call it quits just after these 12 episodes, but I'm not surprised. I think both Crystal Crisis and Son of Dathomir desperately needed to be included in this season.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just think Filoni really does want to do new things. And also the fact that George Lucas isn’t apart of it anymore

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Darth_Narcissist

Darth_Narcissist Jedi Knight

Feb 25, 2012
    Filoni said that disney would green light a few more story arcs if season 7 was a success..... i think season 7 met expectations i am sure the dvd releases will also add to the bottom line and a few more unfinished stories may still come out down the line

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Have any proof for that claim they Filoni said they?

cwustudent, TetsuAero and Darkslayer like this.
  16. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Holy cow when did he say this?

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think he said that. Unless @Darth_Narcissist can provide a source.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    cwustudent likes this.
  18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Darkslayer- That's just it there really isn't 40 episodes left. You have to subtract the Crystal Crisis Animatic arc that was released on Season 6 Blue-Ray and now your down to 36 episodes. Then subtract the 4 episode Son of Dathomir arc which was released in comic book form and your down to 32 episodes left. Then you got to subtract another 8 episodes that were translated into the Dark Disciple novel and your now down to 24 episodes. These were heavily talked about in the Clone War Legacy Video, where Hidlago and others said that they wanted us to have this because it was integral to the clone wars story. Granted, they are not released like we all probably want it, but they released those stories and unless something changes. I find it very difficult that they would want tor revisit this.

Now, remove the Ashoka "Return to the Jedi Sith Shine 4 episode arc due to the content covered in the "Tarkin" novel and we are down to 24 episodes. Then the Mon Cala/Padme is also no longer canon because Nossi Ri or something like that survived as opposed to dying in the that arc, so that is now minus 4 episodes that brings us down to 16 episodes left. These 8 episodes would have been fun to see and quite frankly I thought that they would release the Sith Shrine one because of Ashoka. In 2016, Filoni mentioned that if he could come back to finish the clone wars those 12 episodes with Ashoka would be the ones to tell. Would these ever get animated? I don't think so, just the sith shrine episode, elements are no longer canon and another set of elements made it into Rebels "World Between World's".

This leads me to the famous and probably most sought after arc, "The Bounty Hunter arc". I think everyone wants to see this one but for reasons that are beyond us they dont want to release. Most of the the arc is almost complete with the voice acting, but this one is tough. I'm hoping that season 7 has done so good that they might commission a Disney + exclusive or something. This leads us now to what? 12 episodes left

The 4 episode Vong arc that I doubt will ever get, the Rex/R2-D2 four episode arc that might end up in comic book in the future. (I'm hoping), then you have the 4 episode arc Wookie/Yoda arc. This one could see a novel in the future and they could expand on different things that maybe the show could not. They could add stuff about Yoda's journey and stuff like that.

With season 7 complete and with what's left, I can understand why Filoni said that the story was finished. Everything else that's left that has not been released may not have the weight that some of us have given it. I definitely would like to get at minimum the Wookie/Yoda arc and Bounty Hunter arc. I think those could hold some significance, but then again what do I know. I haven't read the script and don't know what it contains. Filoni does.

I do want to see Marvel at least be given an arc to adapt. They gave one to Dark Horse before so why not give one to the flagship line that has been doing a great job with the line. As far as animated, I think we are done at least for now.

The thing is this, with star wars, I've learned that one can never say never. What could be a no today could be a yes in three years, or vice versa like the Benioff & Weiss series that was a yes and then a no. So anything is possible and nothing is ever truly dead.

19. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Apparently there was gonna be a episode about how Plo Koon found Ahsoka.She was gonna be found by a beautiful “Jedi” only to find out that she was trying to kidnap force sensitive children.Plo Koon would them find her in a very scary looking robe and bring her to the temple.I guess this episode was gonna be about not judging a book by its cover.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I M still trying to figure out if that was an idea they had that never made it into the show or what? Since we know that things were pretty planned out for season 6-7-8

21. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    When I say 40 episodes, I refer to if they have been fully animated or not. I have followed this stuff really closely and am aware of the Legacy content. George viewed them as essential and they remain unfinished. That's why I (and others in this thread) continue to bring it up.

I'm not trying to sound stern either, just informative :D

22. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I myself would much rather see Crystal Crisis, Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple, etc. in full animated form. There are 40 unfinished episodes, whether or not they have been released in any other format.

23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Ventress needs a proper ending in TCW, one that people can see.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I still thinks it’s more likely we’ll get episodes that haven’t been released in any form yet. Minus Crystal Crisis

25. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Star Wars Explained did a video on the unfinished arcs and he goes over that episode.

I really wanted a Grievous origin episode since lots of viewers didn’t know his backstory at the time.