main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    “Stand next to cliffs, and pushed off, you might be.”

Aurra Sing should’ve listened to Yoda.

But it’s totally in character for her. I mean, she was first seen standing next to a cliff in TPM. It’s her thing. Solo stayed true to that that important character trait, and so should TCW.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Riv_Shiel and cwustudent like this.
  2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    That would be a funny callback. Were the bounty hunters on Tatooine during only the first episode? Or maybe they return by the end? Just curious where something like that could happen. Why would Beckett kill her? For Boba? For himself?

Different thought. The flashback story about Plo Koon discovering Ahsoka - is that from the Return to the Jedi Temple arc? I'm curious what that arc, on the whole, hoped to accomplish. I sense that Siege of Mandalore might've accomplished that goal more swiftly, if the goal was to reconnect Ahsoka with the Jedi and establish a new relationship.

I take solace knowing LFL does not throw ideas away.

Joystick Chevron and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I imagine Dave has a notebook somewhere of story stuff as well his drawing book he's brought up in the past. This would be for potential self stories he himself would like to tell someday and I'm guessing more of Ahsoka's background is in there. Where she came from, how she was found, are her parents still alive and was she abandoned or found on her own and whether she had any other family members like a sister. She's probably an only child but that's the kind of stuff you'd be asking for in early history before the Jedi.

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    There is a finality there so I do really think that the clone wars are done.

5. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anyone see these yet?

6. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Those are cool, thanks for sharing!
    I am reading this at the moment, on chapter 31. :)

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    Darkslayer likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Those are a goldmine.

Bor Mullet, Darkslayer and Moll like this.
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Creator of Star Wars canon > Solo canon

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Aurra Singh’s fate after TCW was never canonized. And now her death (or Beckett’s story of her death...) has been made canon. So there is no contradiction between George canon and Disney canon.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Sure you can think whatever you want but that’s not how canon actually works

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Aurra Sing lives to Solo. TCW unfinnished episodes no longer canon.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

13. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Two questions about this concept art:

Do you think the Jedi in the war room is supposed to be Agen Kolar or Eeth Koth?
    Why was Maul wearing different robes?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  14. GeneralSkywalker501

GeneralSkywalker501 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 22, 2020
    Probably Agen Kolar since this is right before Revenge of the Sith.

Maul's clothes are different in the final version to match closer to his attire in Solo: A Star Wars Story. It's probably also because Maul needs to be more agile for mocapping the duel.

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  15. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Serolonis Skiff!
    Discuss...

16. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Hmm, interesting, the production code said it was reused for "Gone With a Trace."

Is this planet Tatooine? Because Matt Martin awhile back said it wasn't Kessel. Is there any planets that look like this in Clone Wars, because I don't know if it's Tatooine. It seems like Boba and Bane were only on Tatooine for the first episode rescuing a child, why would they go back later on?

Wait, after doing a little research it says this skiff was in "Dangerous Dept," but the production code has it under "Gone With a Trace."

Does this skiff even appear in "Gone With a Trace"?

EDIT: Guys, I think the Serolonis Skiff tells us the planet name, maybe its Serolonis.

Doing some Googling I find there is no official thing in Star Wars known as Serolonis, except this concept model of the skiff.

I thought Serolonis sounds familiar, then I realized it sounds similar to the name Sergio Leone, a famous director known for making Westerns. This Boba Fett and Cad Bane arc is heavily inspired by westerns so what if the name for the planet they have a standoff on is named after this influential Western filmmaker, any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2020
    Jesta', cwustudent and darkspine10 like this.
  17. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    I think you're on to something!

I know there is concept art is for the general area they are in. The rock formations and the archicture match what can be seen in the background of the clip. [​IMG]

That's probably because they radically altered the story for these episodes. Charles Murray was a crime(?) writer and the original episodes were going to focus much more on the illegal aspect of smuggling and the people who needed to live off it. Nyx and Ahsoka almost certainly would have gotten mixed up in the crime aspect quicker than the released versions of them.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, I forgot to edit my old one instead of sending out my second

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    GeneralSkywalker501 likes this.
  18. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    From concept art that doesn't seem to be the case. In fact, the general plot of the episodes seems to be very similar, with each one following the same act structure as the original animatics. The two animatic clips are present in Gone with a Trace virtually unchanged, along with the Coruscant wharf district at the end, Kessel was definitely always in episode 2, all the stuff from Dangerous Debt (Pyke civillians, torture chair, street concepts) fits with the ep as it is.

Really it only seems that Maul, the Mandos (possibly), and the clear change with Nyx were altered. I'm actually more curious who the 'Rafa' stand-in would have been originally. The plot seemingly always required a 'third wheel' for Ahsoka and Nyx to bounce off, to arrange the droid sale in part 1, to mediate any arguments in parts 2 and 3. It is possible there was no one filling that plot function, but it seems a big omission to me.

I'm also super curious what the original title of episode 1 was, since Gone with a Trace is clearly an embellishment for the new versions.

19. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Where did you find that concept art from? Does it have any production code connected to it?

20. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    It was from someone who saved Carlos Sanchez's TCW work that was on his website before he disappeared from the internet
    No, but it has Bane in it, and the rock formation matches the landscape from the shootout animatic.

21. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    That art wasn't for The Clone Wars though. It was for a shooter game.
    Where did you get "Dangerous Dept" from?

22. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    Typo

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I have a theory regarding Son of Dathomir:

I don't think Maul was ever supposed to re-assemble the Shadow Collective. It really had no place in the Siege of Mandalore story and felt kinda thumbtacked on - why wouldn't he bring them in as reinforcements if he was expecting a huge fight? He didn't have enough Death Watch soldiers to outnumber the clones.

I think this part was retconned in because of Solo and that the Shadow Collective was meant to fall apart completely after Son of Dathomir. We know Maul was most likely an insert into the Underwolrd arc too in the rewrites. Maul probably went back to Mandalore because it was the only place he had left, and we never hear mention of the Shadow Collective in Rebels. Thoughts?

24. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    @Darkslayer I'm 99.9% certain that Maul was meant to permanently lose his coalition in Son of Dathomir as a consequence of his battle with Sidious. People tend to forget that he was in terrible shape after that arc, and not just because of Savage and Talzin's deaths. The battle of Zanbar was a total massacre, with him losing everything except for the crews of the Gauntlet fighters. Ord Mantell was a victory, but only just, as they lost enough forces that they were completely at the droids' mercy before Maul shut them down. All his forces aboard Vizsla Keep 09 were taken into Republic custody. Then he lost the Nightbrothers when the Separatists razed their village. (And before someone brings up Fallen Order, that was made after the fact and they weren't paying attention to the comic or Dark Disciple because, in contrast to the Story Group's claims otherwise, the unaired arcs don't matter that much to Lucasfilm until shown in proper finished animation. See also: Nossor Ri and Aurra Sing being alive after TCW.)

So after all that, I'm supposed to believe that he stands up, dusts himself off and promptly rebuilds the Shadow Collective. Yeah, no. Even setting that aside, it's repetitious and pointless story-wise for him to empire-build again so soon. We didn't need to see Maul repeating himself in TCW. Leave that nonsense for whenever they decide to pick up Solo's plotlines.

And that's really the takeaway of all this, that instead of just holding off and letting Maul rebuild his empire at a time more removed from his fresh defeats, they just couldn't resist having their tie-in with Solo. Another possible reason that comes to mind is that they wanted to minimize audience confusion over Maul's reappearance by maintaining the pre-SoD status quo as much as possible. Either way, it's a blatant inconsistency, and it shows they're happy to pave over the unaired stories to fit what they're currently doing instead of the other way around.

Speaking of which, as I've argued before it's equally obvious that Marg Krim wasn't supposed to be in power anymore by SoD, let alone SoM. Instead of Krim losing face with Maul as a result of Ahsoka's actions (as he's supposed to still be in prison), it would have been with his fellow Pykes. Ziton Moj would then move in on his business in Dark Disciple, then he'd be tragically taken out along with his family. After which the smarter and more cunning Fife (as shown in Walkabout where he's the only Pyke strong-minded enough to resist a mind trick) would cut a deal with Black Sun to become the Pyke Syndicate's new leader as shown in Son of Dathomir. This is very obvious story potential that they left unrealized because of the decision not to finish TCW, and because, once again, the unaired stories don't matter.

In conclusion, #CompleteTheCloneWars. :)

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Moll, cwustudent, Darkslayer and 5 others like this.
  25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I agree with the clear dissolution of the Shadow Collective and Marg Krim/Fife's original role, that all seems clear.

One other thing that definitely seemed to change was holding back Maul for the second part, since concept sketches show him addressing Almec and Saxon in the throne room, presumably during the start of the invasion:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]