main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Where do we know this from? I saw somewhere on the interwebs that he is 39 in the Mandalorian episode.
    Which would be shocking, considering I am 39 and I look 20 years younger than Boba Fett in that episode but yeah xDDDD

EDIT: I am stupid. I had Din Djarin in mind. Well ****

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The helmet is new the armor is not

Not much of a retcon

However on the theory above it doesn’t work Boba was 10 in AOTC and 13 by the end of TCW.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  3. GeneralSkywalker501

GeneralSkywalker501 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 22, 2020
    I didn’t see Kashyyyk in the Bad Batch trailer, maybe they are saving it to properly display for a Clone Wars season 8!

My hope has risen considering the beautiful Clone Wars animation is still being used! So budget may not be a problem down the line to get bonus episodes again, but as I’ve said before it might not be till 2028. Which sucks but better than never!

What arcs would they choose anyway? They’d probably choose another 2-3 arcs.

I think they’d choose the Bounty Hunters arc and Utapau arc since they were close to completion already!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  4. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    I really do hope we get a Clone Wars season 8, even if it takes a while. There's still unfinished stories to be told, dangit! :p

5. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    I agree, I think LucasFilm and Dave Filoni understand how important the series was to people.

Dave Filoni is busy with the Mandalorian, Ahsoka show, and the Bad Batch! That’s not even counting Clone Wars Season 7 and Resistance before they released!

Dave Filoni is a busy man these days, I’m sure between projects he’ll squeeze in some more Clone Wars again, just like he did with Season 7 in between Rebels and the Mandalorian!

Clone Wars was Filoni’s first Star Wars project! He probably had huge nostalgia working on it again! When he retires in the distant future he also might also gift us again.

As long as we remember and talk about Clone Wars, the series will never die.

6. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    But what we did see however was Pantora as it would have appeared in the first Dark Disciple episodes. ;)

And it seems, the tiny clip from the Siege of Mandalore eps from a pinetree forest planet was actually from The Bad Batch. :eek:

7. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    The seeds for Dark Disciple has been planted!

Nice catch with both Pantora and the pine tree forest planet!

I wonder if we’ll see young Boba in the armor since Fennic is here!

TetsuAero likes this.
  8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    If they're building the assets for Star Wars - Bad Batch, then would Dark Disciple cost less to produce? (Hint hint, LFL.)

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I can’t wait until the 20th anniversary:p

GeneralSkywalker501 likes this.
  10. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Season 8 for 2028. Sounds Right.

GeneralSkywalker501 likes this.
  11. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    As C-3PO once said, “We’re doomed.”

12. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I think we can forget the theory that some people had, that we are not getting the unfinished arcs because they are expensive to create.

After Thursday it is pretty obvious that Disney is throwing serious money to develop 10 new projects, some of which are animated, including The Bad Batch.

So, the real question is, why can we not get the remaining 40 episodes that were never produced?

It seems that The Clone Wars has now been established as a major hit, both from an economic and an artistic point of view.

I really wish they will eventually go back to it and make those. It seems such a waste to never do those properly.

13. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Definitely want to see the Bounty Hunter arc with Boba and Cad Bane completed someday. The released unfinished scene of Cad and Boba in a standoff is great.

I don't think the Son of Dathomir arc ever needs to be finished in TCW style. The comic book does a pretty adequate job of showing what happens.

StardustSoldier likes this.
  14. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    The comic did a fine job, yet I can't help but feel that the action scenes would've been much more impressive in animated form. Also, if I'm not mistaken, this is the only time Maul and Dooku directly interact with one another. I would've loved to have seen that in episode format. :)

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ig I had to guess it might be a bit of Lucasfilm wanting to focus on something new and Dave Filoni wanting to move on. Dave seems pretty done with TCW last I heard him talk about it

Darkslayer and StardustSoldier like this.
  16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I don't know about that. There is a certain level of appeal for him to work in live action now, as he will be in charge of 3 live action shows, but whenever I hear him talk about animated art and drawing things, his eyes light up. I think drawing things on paper is his true love, and that's why he shares so many of those on social media, or talks about that in documentaries like Disney Gallery.

I guess maybe now it's been 6 years since the time that he SHOULD have been given the ok to finish those 40 episodes, but who knows. Maybe he will go back to it. Besides, We are already getting The Bad Batch! Filoni doesn't even have to do a lot of work for those 40 episodes to be finished, there are multiple people who would take care of that, much like what happened with Season 7 and all other animated projects.

17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Is he the only capable person at LFL? I hope not.

18. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I think many of the ideas from the unfinished TCW episodes will be used in the Bad Batch, hence why they didn't want to finish those episodes or at least release them in their unfinished form.

StardustSoldier and cwustudent like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No of course not. But season 7 wouldn’t have happened without him. I have made this clear several times I think Dave is over praised in the fandom. I just don’t think a season 8 of TCW would happen

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I’d honestly love to see Dave do a comic at some point. You’re right, the man loves art.

21. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020

A little lightsaber test scene I made using "Crystal Crisis"!

I'm thinking of possibly doing all scenes that involve lightsabers so that this arc can feel more complete!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett and darkspine10 like this.
  22. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Boba Fett (Daniel Logan) talked about the Boba/Bane arc on Twitter!

He even liked my Tweet! I’m so happy!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ha. That reminds me of the time someone in the social thread for the PT section got Sam Witwer to like their tweet due to an inside joke we had. That is cool that he liked it and I hope we do get to see it

24. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    What was the inside joke? That sounds awesome having Sam Witwer liking their tweet!

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We had a joke about photoshopping different faces onto the Genie from Aladdin (2019) plus a joke about Witwer playing Maul in Solo so we combined it and sent the photoshop to Sam who liked it on twitter