main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    This seems as dosen't seems to far out of all other bs leaks that have come out, it seems like it could be credible, we know things said in this reddit post were supposed to happen, sure it could be bs, it's why i don't fully believe it, but could be.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Could be clone wars related, ?

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    indydefense and SeparatistFan like this.
  3. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I hope so - making Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple animated films seem like a no brainer to me.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With both him and others mentions animated movies, i just got to think a few of them is clone wars, make dark disciples 2 movies if you have to.

5. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    This could be what Matt Lanter hinted at when he said Anakin would be in an upcoming SW project.

6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    So Grievous' character model has full rigging now thanks to the intro reel to Aftermath. They didn't have to include that shot, they could've done another static shot ala Old Friends Not Forgotten. But they did it, they chose to animate Grievous fully, giving him full motion. Since he's clearly not coming back in the show anytime soon, to me that suggests that this model was worked on for a reason.

Grievous' face was also one of the ones selected for the opening 'Star Wars logo', which is slightly different to the one used previously before eps of Mando. Another hint to more content featuring the metal general? Could Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple be in the works with this new Grievous model? A new model was made for the Utapau arc, and was seen in Dark Disciple's animatic cips also, but like Anakin and Obi-Wan they could simply update with an even more movie-accurate option.

Anyway, given Matt Lanter's comments, the suggestion of more animated SW 'movies', I have some hope that at least some amount of new Clone Wars content is on the horizon.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the crystall arc, son of dathomir, and Dark disciple are all getting animted and doen, the two other can be done easily as most of it is done, Dark Disciple might be amost like seige of mandalore.

8. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Dark Disciple would be a little harder, since animatics only exist for the first 4 episodes. Plus it's 8 episodes long, double the length of all the other TCW arcs, at least if you wanted to complete both the Season 7 and 8 halves. Son of Dathomir would also need to animaticced from scratch, but it seems most of the assets were already made before the cancellation at least.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    sure, it's why i think they can do like two movies of them and maybe need to keep them shorter as animated movies dosen't do 2 hours, maybe im wrong. these animated movies might not come out before 23-24.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The new Grievous model was created back when TCW was still in production. Same with the new battle droid model, Anakin, Obi-Wan and who knows what else. It's not like they created the model and are now finding ways to use it.

11. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Yes, but in TCW Season 7, the model for Grievous wasn't actually fully rigged for motion, it was a static asset used for that single unmoving shot. Bad Batch actually gave the model full rigging and movement, an extra investment that wasn't done for TCW. All for a scene that's not actually necessary for the Bad Batch at all.

Edit: That's not to say that more Clone Wars is coming for certain, just that they went to the effort of upgrading Grievous' model, and it's possible that it was done for a reason, to use it again at some point.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The model, and respective rigging, was already developed during TCW production, before it was cancelled. They simply used the new model for a shot in S7.

13. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Wait, so is the S7 model the same as the new one created for Utapau? I thought the S7 was different, given the increased texture detail and lack of movement, but looking at it side-by-side with the S6 model makes me unsure:
    [​IMG]

Maybe it was the same model, though I'm not 100% sure.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's correct.

In proxy animation, you don't use the final models with all the textures and animations. It's a more streamlined pipeline in order to make the changes and edits necessary before the episode is fully rendered. Otherwise it would be a waste of time and money.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  15. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Oh, I know that. Perhaps it was just the shock of how detailed Grievous looked compared to his pre-Season 6 version that confused me. It wouldn't be the first time there have been some tweaks since the old days. Rex's helmet had a different model in the Bad Batch reels for instance.

But yeah, I guess it's hard to make any guesses about future TCW content after all. One can only hope.

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Good! Twice the episodes, double the content!

SeparatistFan and darkspine10 like this.
  17. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Some newly released concept art for Depa Bilaba's lightsaber, first created for A Death on Utapau:
    [​IMG]

She was perhaps originally intended to be the dead Jedi found by Anakin and Obi-Wan, but that was changed before the animatic was completed to make it a new Jedi character, Tu-Anh, instead.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  18. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I love it when they release more of the TCW artwork

Darkslayer and SeparatistFan like this.
  19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Every time I see that model I feel like I could stare at it for 5 hours.

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Or the model wasn't finished in time for the animatic, so a placeholder was used instead.

21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    But the dialogue was also altered to reference Tu-Anh, whereas you'd think they'd just use Depa's name in the script.

Edit: Also they would have had to make a new model for the dead Jedi anyway, Depa or Tu-Anh.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The dialogue was recorded years later, with Rebels already in production.

23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I was under the impression that all animatic dialogue we have was recorded during TCW's original production. Would be odd to both rewrite the script, alter the animatic, and record new dialogue all just to fit Rebels.

TetsuAero likes this.
  24. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Yeah the dialogue for Crystal Crisis was recorded in 2012 or early 2013 before production was stopped.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible that in between TCW being canned and Disney buyout they recorded some stuff but also at the same time had the idea of Rebels or at least decided not to kill Depa