main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Also by TCW and Bad Batch, Cad Bane is old, by in his 50's.he might in next 10-15 years retire.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It would seem that the latest BB episode is the end of getting the old TCW version of this arc. As we saw with Caleb in the first episode the powers that be are going to do whatever tells the best story first. Cad Bane wasn't put into this just for fanservice. I mean if they wanted to use him for hype Bane would have been in the trailer. I think Bane was used because far as bounty hunters go, or even just TCW villains in general there is none who is as serious of a threat as Bane. Bane could easily hold his own if he ended up against Crosshair and his army. It was obvious he was going to curb stomp Hunter in a duel. That execution was perfect.

My biggest gripe with Bane is I would kind of like Hunter to lose his cool and straight-up murder someone over Omega being kidnapped. Maybe he could knock Bane's block off in a hand-to-hand rematch but I don't want Bane to just fall to revenge in The Bad Batch. Cad Bane has the advantage of being an OC where anything can happen to him but at the same time, I don't want him to be. Ultimately I think Bane is going to come back around in another project or Book of Boba where he'll wind up meeting his end at the hands of Boba in the spirit of the old TCW arc. Hopefully, that will be on screen and not just mentioned in passing.

Not sure about other arcs. I wouldn't surprised to see Prince Lee-Char in The Bad Batch. Water is animated so well now. I am confident Son of Dathomir will eventually make it to the screen somewhere, somehow.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    The animation has come so far from Bombad Jedi!

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    One of my least favorite arcs is the Mon Cala arc that starts season 4. One of the main reasons for that is visually it's so boring because there is such a limited color pallet and the under water effects have aged worse than anything else in TCW. It is all just that murky brown or green with the swimming effect. I think an underwater arc could be done much better now.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    darkspine10 likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Lucas thought it best to kill any of the new characters who had significant roles in the lives of Padme, Obi Wan or Anakin. Hence why Lucas originally wanted Ahsoka to die and probably Rex as well although I don’t know if we ever got an actual person saying that. Bane was never a significant part of any Legacy characters lives he was just there. As someone said earlier his absence from ROTS. Is pretty explainable.

I am sure at one point or another Bane will die to Boba Fett. The timeline was just pushed back.

TCF-1138 and SeparatistFan like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I kinda dislike boba as this badass bounty hunter by age of 13.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I don’t think it’s fair to assume Bane got killed off in the arc. We never saw the end. It could easily still be made.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He only got a scar over his forhead.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Honestly, way before killing Bane. I can buy Bane full-on hiding Boba Fett and surviving the arc fine. If Bane appears later in the timeline, I expect him to give anyone a good run for their money if not a curb stomping. It doesn't matter if it's Hunter, Boba Fett, or Din Djarin.

10. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I hope one day we know what the original plans for all these arcs were.

11. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I honestly don't see why the Bane/Boba arc needs to be moved from it's original place in the timeline. Sure, it's highly likely that Bane was originally meant to die at the end of the arc but that doesn't mean a similar version of events couldn't have happened.

BANE: Not bad shooting kid, but you missed the heart. Mistakes like that are going to cost you one of these days.
    BOBA: Who said it was a mistake? I'm not like you Bane, I don't kill just because I can. I'm an honourable hunter just like my father. I beat you and that makes me the best bounty hunter in the galaxy now. You'll just have to live with being second best again. A word of warning though: try to harm innocent people again and next time I will aim for the heart.
    [Boba walks off into the sunset as the wounded Bane tips his hat in respect]

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    There is the fact that smoke is seen rising from Bane's face right after the duel in the animatic. But moving the arc does have some other reprecussions, some that we already know about, others more tenuous. For instance, there's the fact that Boba is leader of the bounty hunter squad by Dark Disciple and has his Mando armour, so if that arc is ever adapted they might have to alter his sections (since there's no way you can move that arc to later in the timeline). There's also the fact that Kessel features heavily, probably hinting at Pyke involvement, which may tangle the arc up in Maul's whole shadow collective conflicts (though Mark Krim and Fife only debuted in the Ahsoka underworld arc based on prod. codes, so perhaps not). Not to mention any other potential character deaths, continuity points that involve the war, there are a lot of unknowns.

Or those minor things may not matter, and moving the arc a few months later will have no effect, idk.

I think it's kinda funny that Utapau and Bad Batch's animatics were released in part because those stories were seen as 'less important' transitory episodes, saving the major Ahsoka, Maul, Ventress, and Bane episodes to potentially explore later. Now the BB headline their own tv show and Bane is a bit player in it, funny how times change :p

TK-421 Is vader and Darkslayer like this.
  13. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    The book doesn't say anything about his armor. Just that he has a helmet, which could well be the one he had in S4. He does have Slave I back though.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Indeed, he has Slave I, is leading the group (including Embo and Bossk, who side with Bane in the clip), and none of the presumed dead hunters appear (Suig, Aurra). If they did produce a Dark Disciple adaptation, they'd need to rewrite some scenes and alter Boba's appearance compared to the animatic.

15. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    I agree with you on that part. The only arcs we absolutely NEED to see are Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple, and Bounty Hunters. And Jordan Maison and guys like KRT do think that the rumored animated movies could be Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir, and KRT thinks they're going to repurpose the Bounty Hunters arc into the Bad Batch.

Darkslayer and SeparatistFan like this.
  16. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well KRT aren't accurate sources, they've only had like one accurate scoop out of the 50 they've spouted out. Jordan has a much better track record tho but not a 100% accurate.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I say Jordan Maison is around 99% right, and he has aid animated movies, so maybe some of them go that route.

18. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I hope its true Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple are getting made into animated films.

I have mixed feelings over the Bounty Hunter arc - on one hand it would have been refreshing to have an entirely bounty hunter centric arc including a Bounty Hunter war, but on the other hand it would have been silly to have Cad Bane lose to a kid.

If the arc is ever made I'd be happy if they retconned it to Cad Bane winning, leaving a rematch on the cards for an Older Boba preferrably in the Book of Boba.

Also if its true Aurra Sing was getting killed off in this arc, Solo retconned that.

We still don't know if Cad Bane was originally meant to die in that arc though its possible he survived.

It'd be nice if the episode guide cleared things up, but I'm not holding my breath.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Easy solution: retcon Solo.

20. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Yeah, Solo can get the Kanan comic and beginning of Ahsoka book treatment.

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    it won't, Solo is movie and not a comic or book.

22. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Concept art for Cad Bane and the Justifier in The Bad Batch

23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Ooh, so the Justifier is being carried over, that's cool to see :) Seems they've taken out the tall pylons of the TCW version:
    [​IMG]

MrDarth0 likes this.
  24. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    Yeah. Though what I'm more curious of is the covering Cad Bane has on his head. Now, I don't wanna get any hopes up, but considering how the animatic went, maybe this is their way of saying that A VERSION of the Bounty Hunters arc has already happened in the canon.

25. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    They actually swivel up and down :)

But hte ship has been slightly redesigned nevertheless