main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cad_Bane's_Hat

Cad_Bane's_Hat Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2022
    At this point, I don't see why they wouldn't; animated SW is just as beloved as live-action SW, especially TCW. Boba Fett and Maul are more than just cool side characters now, so these arcs would give us a lot more insight into their characters.

2. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    The only thing I can really think of for why they wouldn't do it is because of the company as it is being anti-George Lucas, and TCW is, at the end of the day, George Lucas's story. So it may be more of a pride/ego thing on the part of Kennedy and co.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    More likley they want to tell other stories in animation then just clone wars.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    I don't buy that, given that every animated show currently planned is in one way or another connected to TCW (Not counting that kiddie $#!+ for THR). So the only thing I can really conclude is that they like the era, but they hate the creator. Which is quite stupid, given that what he gave us in the prequels outclasses anything that Disney has done in their animation and live action shows.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They like the and characters and like the creator but want to tell new stories that tie into clone wars like Rebels did and now Bad Batch and Tsles of the Jedi is doing. This they hate the creator is just stupid.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
  6. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    It really isn't, given that they threw out his stories for what happened after ROTJ, which would've been a beautiful continuation of a perfect story.

7. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Also, to tell new stories, as a big company like Disney with its army of story writers, various animation studios and sufficient technical staff, you don't have to interrupt an old story just like some random fanfiction author, who, struck by a new plot bunny, is leaving his unfinished stories behind just for good.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  8. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    This still needs to be treated with dignity and integrity. Like, they should've just completed all of Lucas's remaining stories, (TCW, his versions of VII-IX, and finance his Underworld show) and if those failed, then they'd have the blessing of the fans to move on and do their own stuff. Yet here we are, with one of the greatest filmmakers of all time having an incomplete vision. You're really saying it's better this way?

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They own star wars now, not him so they went a different direction.

10. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    But Kathleen Kennedy promised to honor Lucas' Legacy and his œvre. And honoring for me means also to complete his show called TCW.

11. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    And they chose one that ruins the fandom

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    She did its called season 7, and it was Bob Iger who changed the plans. Ruins the fandom, lol.

13. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    It wasn't every episode. That's the point of this whole thread. And yes, it did ruin the franchise. No one outside of a vocal minority will say otherwise. But getting back to the topic, they really owe it to not just the fans, but to culture, to finish at least the most important of those arcs (Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple, Bounty Hunters)

Sudooku likes this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Its time to move beyond clone wars in past or future. And this franchise doing fine with fans and culture. Nothing is ruined.

15. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    It's time for you to move out of this thread. And if you really think the fandom and culture is in a better state than it was in post-ROTS, you're dead wrong.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I do and im not. But you believe you. I just visit this thread few times.

17. Cad_Bane's_Hat

Sep 5, 2022
    I feel like Disney does better when it comes to TV series about SW than movies. TFA and Rogue One were probably the only decent post-Lucas movies, whereas Disney has been on somewhat of a gold streak with their TV shows (Bad Batch, Mandalorian, Kenobi, Tales of the Jedi, Andor). And one thing a lot of these TV shows have in common is that they derive from TCW. There probably wouldn't be a Mandalorian TV series if it weren't for TCW bringing them back in a cool way. Obviously no Bad Batch without TCW.

Sudooku likes this.
  18. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    @Cad_Bane's_Hat ,
    Disney is doing better with TV-Shows, because they chose the right people as overseers for them and let them create without too much interference from outside regarding certain expectations. But those two directors for the ST films were just wrong in place.

cwustudent likes this.
  19. Cad_Bane's_Hat

Sep 5, 2022
    I agree, and I think a large part of it too is that Filoni worked with Lucas for quite a number of years on TCW, so he knows and understands his vision and can execute it through these various shows. JJ seemed to approach SW with the formula he used in his own movies in the past, and RJ . . . well, I don't know what he was thinking, but to me it looked like he tried to take a Marvel-esque approach to SW.

20. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Yeah, I'm all for them moving on from The Clone Wars era. I just want the story of TCW to feel complete.

Dark Disciple finishes Ventress' story arc
    Son of Dathomir gives closure to Mother Talzin and fills in an important missing piece of Maul's story

Those are really the most important. Beyond that, the Boba arc sets up his rivalry with Bane, Kashyyyk explains Yoda's good relations with the Wookies, an Utapau is really the last Obi-Wan / Anakin buddy arc set after Ahsoka's departure from the order. It really should have been part of season 6.

I think all the other unfinished stories could be repurposed. The Vong arc can be done in Bad Batch, Tales of the Jedi, or some other future series.

I'd love to see a Clone Wars style animated series set between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back for example. Would be really cool to see the adventures of Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2, and 3PO. With of course appearances from characters like Hera, Chopper, Rex, Hondo, Bane, Boba Fett, etc.

21. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Jedi Master Chuck likes this.
  22. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I’d settle for just Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple at this point, crucial characters like Ventress and Talzin deserve their stories wrapped up on screen, anything less is cheap.

23. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    @SeparatistFan,
    and it would be no fault to have the films after the novelization. That happens to so many books. Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple, The Bounty Hunter Arc and one more would make roughly 12 episodes, that would be not much less than we got in S. 6. And just remember those unfinished arcs you can see on Youtube in crude animation only (Utapau, Crystal Crisis, Echo-Arc). Those could also be finished and then you have a good additional S. 6a, because just 13 episodes for a season like in S. 6 compared to the previous seasons weren't really many.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Actually, since Dark Disciple is two arcs, so 8 episodes, your proposed season would be 16.

Still, these arcs from Production Season 6 have a huge advantage over any other Star Wars project, in that they're not starting from scratch. Not in the slightest. Besides Son of Dathomir (and partially in the case of Kashyyyk), the animatics were already made. This gives them a huge advantage and prior investment, meaning any revival of this content would have a leg up. Yes, the remaining steps are still quite costly (animation, music composition, and voice acting for certain episodes being the major hurdles). But the whole reason we got a 12 episode season 7 is because the first 8 episodes were probably much cheaper to produce, even given the tweaks they underwent. If you did Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple's duo, Bounty Hunters, and Utapau, you'd rack up a 20 episode season. SoD would be the most expensive, due to not being at the animatic stage (though models were being completed), but would also be the biggest marketing draw due to the plethora of popular villains teaming up and finishing Maul's story. While I'd also like Kashyyyk, the Bad Batch already have their own show, so while it would be nice, it'd probably suit a comic better as a little fill-in, as opposed to getting finished.

Given Lucasfilm Animation's recent output, this is hardly unrealistic. They produced 18 episodes of Bad Batch last year (counting Aftermath as 3), and this year have also branched out with Tales of the Jedi as a second, smaller show. Clone Wars' previous 'final season' was hugely popular, even with the first two arcs getting less than stellar reviews, because the finale was so good. The stories remaining in the 6th production season would all be similar huge events for the most part, and provide a better pacing for the show's climax than the quite rushed feeling of Season 7.

Everything from the seventh prod. season would probably have to be abandoned besides Dark Disciple part 2 (since the first half ends on an unambiguous cliffhanger), and obviously the Siege of Mandalore's already done. The fact that these exist only in script and preliminary sketches softens the blow slightly. There's less known to be excited about, and they're further from realistic completion. Sith Shrine's already been semi-retconned and adapted (World Between Worlds seems to take inspiration, and the concept of the shrine below the temple is canon and can be explored at some point). The Rex/R2 and Padme arcs would be nice of course, but from what we can tell would be 'standard' arcs for the show, and we don't have many enticing details. The Vong arc sounds like it could've been another insane Mortis-style trip, but something tells me its weirdness wouldn't fly, at least not as a strange 4-part experiment. If Lucasfilm want to explore the Vong concept now, it'll be some kind of full reboot of the species (like the Grysks thing referred to in the novels).

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  25. Cad_Bane's_Hat

Sep 5, 2022
    I think it'd also be important to wrap up the Cad Bane/Boba Fett arc to help give some context to TBOBF, but I may be just a little biased ;)