main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I doubt Kashyyyk is on the cards, given it was recently adapted into a single episode of The Bad Batch. They wouldn't want to repeat the same thing again so soon with all the overlap.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    in my opinion, I wouldn't really call that an adaptation of the infamous Kashyyyk Arc, wasn't the arc supposed to be centered around Yoda?

cwustudent and Watcherwithin like this.
  3. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    The Bad Batch episode implies that the Clone Wars arc happened in the past. The batch is somewhat fluent in Wookiee

4. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    It's just that The Bad Batch episode was pretty much all those plot points, but condensed into one episode. Wookiees riding the sacred animals, wookiees praying to the trees, Kinrath spiders, forest fire, Trandoshans with Venomor in charge enslaving Wookiees (which implies that he got away during The Clone Wars arc and returned to Kashyyyk and kept doing the same thing, only now in alliance with the Empire and the clones, as opposed to CIS). I'd prefer this arc to The Bad Batch episode, which was rather rushed and just one and done adventure at the end of the day.

5. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Crystal Crisis, Bounty Hunters, & Kashyyyk as one batch of episodes

Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple as another batch of episodes

I'd be pretty happy if they could just finish those arcs.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean the voice acting for CC is done so it would be cheaper. I think what really keeps them back from doing it and other things is they just want to focus on other stuff.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Jedi Master Chuck

Mar 19, 2013
    I may be wrong, but of those six arcs, Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple II should be the only ones that still need voice work. Animatics were done for Crystal Crisis, Bounty Hunters, Kashyyyk, & Dark Disciple I; or at last, I've seen clips of them for each of those arcs.

Bounty Hunters & Crystal Crisis should probably be the farthest along - as far as we've seen, the animatics are more or less complete.

Dark Disciple I and II weren't meant to air in the same production season - and I know at least one animatic clip of Ventress from the firs part was released.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The animatics being complete doesn't necessarily mean the full voice tracks were done by the time of cancellation. Several of the released clips feature temporary voices rather than the main actors. As far as I know only Utapau and Bad Batch had complete VA performances, with a missing role or two being part of the reason Bounty Hunters was held back.

9. Jedi Master Chuck

Mar 19, 2013
    Any chance they could announce something at the 15th anniversary panel?

10. Jedi Master Chuck

Mar 19, 2013
    Maybe it's more realistic to hope for more Clone Wars content after Bad Batch is finished; I'm not up to date on the show, but I'm guessing it'll probably run 4 - 5 seasons like Rebels. Maybe after that we have a better chance of some remaining Clone Wars arcs being completed.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Was voice acting complete on bounty hunters?

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Jedi Master Chuck

Mar 19, 2013
    Someone in this thread mentioned it was very nearly complete and may have only needed one more performance. I think Daniel Logan has confirmed he recorded his parts, but I might be misremembering.

Either way, we got Tales of the Jedi season 2 announced, so nothing out of this year's celebration regarding The Clone Wars. Between Tales of the Jedi and Bad Batch I'd guess Lucasfilm Animation is too busy to do any more Clone Wars. Maybe after Bad Batch concludes, they could be free to finish some more Clone Wars before they start their next major project. I'd guess that Tales of the Jedi uses up whatever additional resources could be used to finish Clone Wars arcs - with Bad Batch as the main focus.

I think Dave Filoni is also less personally interested in working on Clone Wars now because it's not the same without George, which I can understand; His interviews suggested it's a well he's not really interested in returning to, so unless something changes there, it may be unrealistic to expect any more finished arcs. Still, I'm holding onto a sliver of hope - because some arcs are just so important to see animated.

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    Yeah, I think the dream is pretty much dead at this point.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep I would have to agree. I think the only place we are getting more TCW is if that adapt them into books. Filoni has seemed to be done ever since TCW season 7. I can’t really blame him. Working on one particular part of the franchise for years probably gets boring.

Filoni is also moving further and further away from animation. I think at the panel he basically admitted this as well.

I bet if save the clone wars was still active it could be done, but I also think much of the fandom doesn’t care enough either.

15. Jedi Master Chuck

Mar 19, 2013
    The main reason I hold onto some hope is that Lucasfilm animation returned to Clone Wars after Rebels was finished. They've been working on Bad Batch ever since season 7 and it would seem any extra resources were poured into Tales of the Jedi. Even if they wanted to make more Clone Wars, I don't know that there has even been an opportunity since season 7. Tales of the Jedi episodes are shorter and fewer in number, though they're also being made from scratch unlike Clone Wars.

I would say that the best chance we have is between major projects - so, after Bad Batch is finished. I'm sure Lucasfilm animation will do something else afterward, but perhaps in between there would be some availability to work on Clone Wars.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also TOTJ is what an hour and a bit? Stretch that out a bit and you could replace TOTJ with an arc of the clone wars.

Again I don’t think we’ll ever get all of the arcs. The only one I really care for now is Boba vs Bane.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  17. Jedi Master Chuck

Mar 19, 2013
    That is true - and we could perhaps see arc like Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple pretty easily given that treatment.

Dave Filoni seemed to suggest he prioritized Tales of the Jedi because it gave an opportunity to work with Matt Lanter, Ashley Eckstein, and James Arnold Taylor again. It's notable that most of the major unfinished arcs don't really heavily involve Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka. Utapau is the exception, but all of Anakin & Obi-wan's voice work is already done. And I think a big factor might be that Ahsoka doesn't feature in any of these arcs. Return to the Jedi was already mined for Rebels and Siege of Mandalore doesn't really leave room for it to have happened.

18. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    Yeah, that's why I also think it's harder to get those finished, because those characters, with the exception of Boba Fett and Maul, aren't exactly big names to the general public.

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That one was very close to finished if I remember correctly, so it does seem like a good candidate to actually be a show or maybe edited into an animated movie.

I do wish that the ones that are too hard to finish as episodes would get the Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple treatment and be released as some other format. Many of these stories are still referenced by other canon material so it would be nice to see them no matter what form they take.

Darkslayer likes this.
  20. Jedi Master Chuck

Mar 19, 2013
    I doubt any more will be released as comics. They already moved the Son of Dathomir comic to Legends / non-canon status.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Where? When and how? I’d just like a source. Since this is the first I am hearing of it

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    Darkslayer likes this.
  22. Jedi Master Chuck

Mar 19, 2013
    It's included in Legends Epic Collection Clone Wars Volume 4

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Legends_Epic_Collection:_The_Clone_Wars_Vol._4

I have the book and can confirm it's now include in the legends imprint.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
  23. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Son of Dathomir is considered both Legends and canon like the rest of pre-S7 TCW, so its inclusion in a Legends compilation book doesn't have any bearing on its canonicity.

If the Son of Dathomir trade paperback was rereleased with Legends branding then it'd be a different story.

Jedi Master Chuck likes this.
  24. Jedi Master Chuck

Mar 19, 2013
    That would make sense to an extent; I definitely agree that the story itself is considered fully canon. I would say though given some of the slight changes made from the Ahsoka novel & Kanan comics in S7 and Bad Batch that the new canon books & comics in general are sorta like pre-Disney EU.

Personally, I just think it's the only way that really works since the film / tv side isn't heavily involved with publishing and vice versa. I know the story group ostensibly keeps track of the canon, but at the end of the day, just like George Lucas, I think Dave Filoni will make changes as the story requires. It's a situation where the relationship is mostly one-sided. The books and comics are reliant on the films / tv series, but not so much the other way around.

It's a softer version of the tiered canon system we had in the pre-Disney days in that the filmmakers will make choices in service of their story - even if it means contradicting some of the published material. I honestly think that's for the best - but it's also why I'm so keen on seeing he remaining Clone Wars arcs animated. It really feels like what's put to screen is what matters most for Star Wars.

I should clarify my earlier statement that my interpretation of Son of Dathomir comics appearing in the Legends compendium was simply that the comic rendition isn't the definitive telling; but that the events of said story are fully canon. I guess you could think of it like the novelization / comic version of any of the main saga films.

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    Well, they just announced next year, TBB ends. Hopefully you're right.