main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark The ArkanSith Cantina: The official social thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Oct 25, 2005.

1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    There is no gammorrean sausage served in this cantina....

Sorry, but you'll have to settle for Rancor Jerky...

Blue and cold coming your way...

Nice to see you around here again.

2. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Why are there stars by my name?

I was going to go to Hastings last night, but I fell asleep reading. When I woke up it was too late to go.

I think something blue and cold might be in order again, but I go back to my midnight schedule tonight (been working swing at the Fair)--might need something warm then. What's the GFFA equivalent for Hot Cocoa?

3. CDF_Vagabond

CDF_Vagabond Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2008
    Warmed Up Blue Milk for Otisdodge, LOL.

4. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
  5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Anybody drown yet? Hoping folks are ok with all this rain...

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Luckily the "Falcon" does just fine in rain... So do those snazzy Jedi ships (just think... Obi-Wan's worked great on Kamino) and I guess the Fett does just fine in Slave 1 in the rain... Seriously... It was pretty bad out there and for those commuting from my neck of the woods... You can't go down Batesville Pike and there are still parts of Jacksonville where the roads are closed cause of all the water...
    Hopefully everyone survived the "flood" without too many problems...

Round of drinks on the house cause the sun came out today...

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Toast to the sun! Let it shine, let it shine! (Well supposedly for the next two weeks it's gonna be *keeping fingers crossed*)

8. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Hey everyone, I know I don't post in here often. And I know this is a Star Wars fan site. However, My cousin is making a Star Trek Fan series, here in the Fort Smith area. We are needing actors, if anyone is interested send me a PM and I will give you some information.

9. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Eggnog all around for everyone...

As the time for Christmas break from school begins I wish everyone a joyous holiday season... (don't go "sith" on your kiddos or the Santa at the Mall...)

Have a safe Christmas week!!!

10. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Cheers space dogs! Happy 5th day of Christmas! Have a safe new year!

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, as the year comes to an end... We have a lot to look forward to next year...

For you guys who've been a fan of the Young Jedi Knights books...
    Kevin J Anderson will be a guest at Mid South Con this March... and of course,

Celebration 5 will be in August... Looking forward to more details for that one as a new company has taken the reins... Reed Entertainment, who brings you New York Comic Con... Lets hope they have it more together than GenCon did...

And I'm sure that we'll all be together several times this year for fellowship and fun... and of course, Star Wars...

12. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I don't know that I will be able to make it to C5. It comes at very inconvenient time for me.

I'm excited about K Anderson if I can make it. He's the author of a non-Star Wars series I read, The Saga of the Seven Suns.

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    It's an unfortunate time... C5 that is... But, you know me... I'll be there with Leia buns on... (instead of bells)

Happy New Year everybody... Hope you're all safe...

14. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Happy new year. I'd lift a glass of blue milk, but I'd prob spew it all over the bar.

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I'd insist that you go out into the alley and spew it all over that...

Hope you're feeling a lil' bit better...

16. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Warm drinks are on the house:

Anything hot is free!!!

Cause somebody left a giant freezer door open and it's colder than a Wampa's toes on Hoth out there...

Hey! Who turned off the heat???

17. locokarma

locokarma Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    Good day, all!
    Looking forward to All-Con!
    61 days and counting!

And let's not forget CV!!!

18. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    That is true...

Drinks all around for the warm up... (While it lasts)

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, there is finally a 3-D Star Wars rumor straight from "The Maker's" mouth... And it looks like we've got James Cameron to possibly thank for it...

Here You Go:

Officially Licensed Star Wars Photos and Autographs

Avatar Sucess = Star Wars In 3-D?

Posted By Mike on January 19, 2010

Ah, Star Wars in 3-D! You're the big white whale to that dude who wanted to catch said whale. Collectively as Star Wars fans, we're that dude. Numerous new Star Wars 3-D movie rumors have popped up since Avatar started dominating box offices but this time the news comes from The Maker himself. Access Hollywood caught up with Mr. Lucas at the Golden Globes and here is what he had to say...

From the latest news linky down below:

Interview with the Maker from the Golden Globes
    About Avatar:

?I liked it. I make movies like that, [so], I can appreciate what [James Cameron] went through to do it,? George Lucas told Access Hollywood at the HBO Golden Globes party on Sunday.

?[I?m] happy it?s so successful, and worked very well in 3-D,? he continued. ?Haven?t been a big fan of 3-D, but that movie definitely improves in (the field of) 3-D."

And what it means for Star Wars:

?We?ve been looking for years and years and years of trying to take ?Star Wars? and put it in 3-D,? George explained to Access. ?But, [the] technology hasn?t been there. We?ve been struggling with it, but I think this will be a new impetus to make that happen.?

20. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So what generation edition will the 3D be? The Special Special Special Edition!?!?! ;-P

What, pray tell, is in a Jawa Juice?

When are we getting together?

...Blue.

...Cold.

...Please.

21. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    The special special special 3D edition... Of course... But, you know me... I'll stand in line a long time for it... And if it happens I already know what Costume I'll use for Jedi... (DUH)

Soon possibly but that may be a Saturday thing... So, I'll make sure and text you... since you're not always on...

Jawa Juice is a yummy drink that we know Obi-Wan had a liking for... So, seeing as Obi-Wan drank it... it could be alcoholic???

22. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I'm almost always working Sat. It was only coincidence that I was off that one time...

...BUT, please invite me--you never know.

I think in the future I may have to take off just for events n maybe plan a party for the same night.

BTW, are we planning on Bowling 4 Kids Sake this year? That's an example of something I would have to take off for. Honestly I don't know if it's worth a Vac day to me this year.

Unless it was in the morning...

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    As it turns out, you're right. According to Wookiepedia it's Jawa Beer. So to the Jawas it might just be beer and on Tatooine maybe it's Jawa Beer, but on other planets it's imported and known as Jawa Juice. In the words of my favorite SW barkeep: WADDAYAKNOW!

24. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I was just guessing randomly... Freaky that I was very close to right... hee hee...

Cool..

25. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Just went to Cantina Laredo. It was good. Had to send my nerf back twice. Once it was overdone n then it was bleeding...
    I ate so much I think I might puke.
    I wonder if there is a GFFA remedy for that.