main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist ~The Art of an Outrider~

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Aug 2, 2009.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Perhaps me being able to concenrate about several projects on the same day, lying all around in our living-room, comes from me being a teacher. Then you HAVE to be omni-present and alert.

About the many arms, like an Indian goddess, I wish that I had at times.

[:D]

A sketchbook would not work for me.

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Heya,

I hope everyone are enjoying this holiday break and have plenty of sweets!!!! I totally agree with you AzureAngel2, multiple arms be perfect for hugging!
    It has been a while since I've last updated. Rest assured that I haven't stop drawing. I'll like to share a work in progress for one of them.

Samus Aran
    [image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/DefendingWIP.jpg]

Samas Aran; the greatest bounty hunter in the Milky Way! Defender of the Galaxy. Her missions for the Galactic Federation bring her to the fight against Ridley and the nortious Space Pirates. Samus is best known as the protagonist in the Metroid series that are created by Nintendo. This piece is based on a scene that I've had in my mind for a while.

I seem to be on my 5th page.... Do you think I should set up an index system for the first page? Change the thumbnails to hyperlinks?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great to see you back with another WIP.

And for links: I have posted all my drawings, paintings on my first post as links. That's easy to come back to

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you :). I'm glad to be back as I've been missing sharing my updates and commenting on others.

I have the task now to go through and catalogue my works for an index. Glad I'm doing it now instead of later. :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    At the moment my comp is being serviced. My guess is there is an issue with the fan and not the harddrive. I'm glad I've managed to back up critical files and folders. This problem has halted progress on a number of things and it is very frustrating as I can't even use the scanner on the machine I'm on now. I'll have to go through my online gallery and see if there are something there that can be shown while I wait for my comp to return.

Hope to have another update soon.

Take care,

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Latest news from me:

Got my computer back and all is well, just been a bit behind on the things I've been planning to do. Artworks are slowly getting done, it took a little while to get back into the swing of things and there are quite a lot I want to get done. I need to add a index section for my works and catelogue them in a way that makes sense.

Art update wise: I do have a few things ready but time seems to slip away. Hopefully soon I'll have something up. :)

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Now that I know where you are on deviatart, I can find you.

*hums old Clannad song*

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm still trying to get used to deviant art but its great that you can get hold of me through there too and see some of my other works. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

Millennium Falcon WIP

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/Falcon.jpg]

I'm not gone, just 'snowed' under. This is one of many artworks that are an work in progress. This is the early construction form. I hope to have this scene done in time for the May Fan Art Challenge.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    snowed under can happen and nice to see another work in progress. Looking forward for the finished work and with two weeks to go;)[face_dancing]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Also can not wait to see the complete work.

O:)

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you! :)

I have the Falcon almost done.
    [image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/FalconE1.jpg]

I assure you that this is part of a larger composition. Hopefully I will have it done within the next few days.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    waiting to see the surroundings and the completed piece

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I have two complete works to show today:

Nyll
    [image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/Title%20Cards/Nyll.jpg]

This is for The Admiral, one of his characters that was featured in The Galaxy At War RPG and also in his fan fic: Call of Honour.
    Nyll has had a difficult past and was saved from that by Adrias Stark. She is a kind and caring person who is part of Adrias' team. The original is 1200 x 1000 but with the restrictions on photobucket.... you know what happens to some of the detail.

"Just like Old Times"
    [image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/SOTEcol.jpg]

"Han Solo! I thought you were still on Ord Mantell. Bounty Hunter trouble bring you here?"
    "Yeah... I see you still fly the Outrider. I hear she's almost as fast as the Falcon now."
    "The last time we raced, I let you win, Han."
    - Dash Rendar and Han Solo

This was done for the Spring 2010 Fan Art Challenge. A tribute for the 30th Anniversary of the Empire Strikes Back. This scene is the meeting between Dash Rendar and Han Solo in Echo Base before the Imperial Fleet arrived. This is my first time drawing Han Solo and Chewbacca. With the different visual depiction of Dash floating around, I based the clothes on his image in the Shadows of the Empire game, while the hair is similar but based on someone else. With the colour, I wanted to give some sense of how cold it be on Hoth. The bars at the top and bottom were done to give it a widescreen feel as though it could be of a frame from the film. The original size is 1800 x 1080

Comments and critiques are always welcome.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Just beautiful, the fine lines of Nyll

And that scene on Hoth. To see the finished Falcon with Han, Chewie and Dash.=D==D==D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you so much Earlybird-obi-wan!

It was great to be able to draw Nyll for The Admiral. I have a soft spot for Nyll after the interaction I've had with her on Rendili in GAW.

With the Hoth Scene, I wish to have shown more WIP previews with Han and Chewie, like I had done so with the Jungle Patrol piece, but time went too quickly.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    Brilliant work as always CO, keep it up!:D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Indeed brilliant work, I love how you drew Nyll!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you both Jerjerrod-Lennox and TheAdmiral! :) It was a pleasure.

With all the work in progresses I am in the middle of... I'm not sure what to show off next. Might show a small teaser shortly of one of them.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The Galaxy At War

[image=http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/GAW/GAWTease.jpg]

Sate Pestage: "If I didn't truly recognize madness, I'd say you are insane, Your Imperial Majesty, but you're something far worse!"

Lord Vader: He watched the Grand Vizier intently as the man glided with all the grace of a sweet spoken 'snake'. "Oh, and what would that be?"

Pestage: "You, are an idealist! The most dangerous kind of fool there is...and you'll get us all KILLED..." - GAW IV - coming soon!

This is dedicated to Pashatemur and the players of GAW. Extra Special Thanks to Pashatemur for the proverbial commentary on both the Jedi and Sith creeds and also for the dialogue above. :)

I have posted this in the Summer '10 fan art challenge and now finally I will post it here, sorry for the delay. Life has been very busy which limits my updates. This piece I can't begin to describe what it means to me, for a lot of care and dedication when into producing it.

I'll leave it open to interpretation rather than influence your perspective with me discussing my personal view on the background process and intent behind the visuals.

Happy Fifth Anniversary GAW!!! I hope to see familiar and new faces in the fourth instalment.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Really love this new piece in shades of grey with the dreamy looks of Anakin and Ahsoka.=D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I also like the misty quality of this art piece.

23. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    Your best work yet CO, a nice tribute to us GAW players.:)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you Earlybird-obi-wan and AzureAngel2 for your kind words :).

Jerjerrod-Lennox, I am pleased you think so, Thank you! Here's to another 5+ years. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @};-

You are always verra welcome, dear Outrider!