main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist ~The Art of an Outrider~

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    :) [face_blush] Thank you AzureAngel2.

I am not sure what to show off next. I do have a number of pieces, some at various stages of development. Of course there are some of Ahsoka, there are character ones I am doing for others. I do have a question, how do you feel about posting your artworks and where you post them?

Sometimes I feel nervous or shy about showing off some of my pieces. I also find I am more comfortable posting them here than my deviant art account.

Are there any tips or thoughts that you would like to share?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, this is fanart, right? So this is the right place to post stuff.

I can also be found in facebook, where only my friends and aquantances can look at my albums. Then there is of course photobucket, from where I link my stuff to my fanart thread and some board related places.

To deviantart I did come because some of my former students in Utrecht did point that out to me as a great forum. Oh and of course Denise Vasquez & Randy Martinez told me this is a great start for any artist. See, you are at deviantart already!

There is of course always a certain danger to put stuff on-line. Others can abuse it or claim it as their own.

There is a very sweet ex-member of the JC who was so shocked about finding her paintings somewhere else, that she left us for good. Sigh! I wonder if she ever saw that the person who posted her stuff in another SF forum did come in here and tried to put things right.

:(

I really, really miss that user!

Anyway, you are here. Which is a good thing. For me, for this community that I recently praised in an e-mail to Robert Eiba. The guy who does publish the biggest German SW magazine and also is responsible for the Jedi Cons in Germany. He knows a lot of ´big´ and important people.

I wrote him that this fanart forum is a great thread to learn from one another, share stuff and develope friendships.

The treasures that I gain from being here is greater than any misuse of my fanart.

And also, as I found out, getting stuff published, even for free and because for the pure love of SW, is not that easy. You always have lawyers in your back, protecting GL, Disney... and others.

So if "Padmé and the 7 drawfs" will ever be in Robert´s magazine is a big questionmark. But I am flattered that it was considered.

I hope I answered your question and I am interested if anybody else has something to say to you.

:*

3. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you for responding so soon, you have more than answered my question :).

Facebook... I have a handful of things that I have done during my studies but don't update it anymore. Photobucket, I use the same way as you and it can be private... though I don't like the size restrictions on it. On LiveJournal (which I rarely use), I have a notice directed to this thread here and my DeviantArt account. I find DeviantArt to be very open and... yeah. I guess you already know.

I have heard of Denise Vasquez and Randy Martinez a few times on the Force-Cast. They are great and they sound like very nice people. I wonder if they will make an appearance on the next live show in September.

I know of the user you mentioned and it is a shame that had happened. I didn't realise it was because of that incident the reason why she hasn't been around lately :( . Hopefully she will return.

It is great that this community has a friendly atmosphere. Everyone has their own unique styles and methods and are very supportive. :) Hopefully you will get a pleasant surprise in regards to the magazine.

Anybody else is welcome to share their insight and opinion if they wish to. I should have an art update ready shortly.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ahsoka Tano - Padawan
    [image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/PadawanAhsokaWIP.jpg]

A sneak preview of an upcoming piece from me. An younger Ahsoka this time from Clone Wars era, I seem to be alternating between the two. More to come. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    you are really bringing her to life. Great to see more of her.=D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you. I hope to show off some more shortly. Maybe some of other earlier pieces too.

:)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ahsoka Tano - Padawan

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/PadawanAhsoka.jpg]

I'd thought I'd share an update on the drawing. It isn't finished yet but it's coming along nicely.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    After I finally was able to write you on DA, I thought that it also would be nice to pop up in this devine thread of yours as well.

The more that I look at the Ahsoka piece the more I see the light shinning out of the body.

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you for the letter and also for your thoughts on Ahsoka. :)

I have been steadily working on a multiple character pieces, some are for friends and some are my own experimentations with different techniques. I do have one special completed which I have been meaning to post up for some time now. Hopefully by the end of the week it will be posted :).

For those that are interested, I have managed to upload the higher resolution versions of Nyll and Adrias Stark so that you can see the detail on them more clearly.

C_O

EDIT:
    Some trouble with linking directly to the image so I have to look into it. It'll work but not as planned.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Adrias and Ahsoka is coming along nice too.

Great pieces=D==D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    Brillaint work as always CO, keep it up!!:)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you both so much Earlybird and J-L :) :)

I know it has been a while. With the boards acting up the other week and DRL taking up a lot of my time, I haven't been able to post the update I was going to nor make much progress on my other art pieces. I hope that changes in the coming days.

Thank you all and hopefully soon I can show more. :)

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Yes... it has been a while.

There has been a few unexpected things that happened with DRL that had kept me but I do have a surprise piece.

Coruscant

[image=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lxYaMR9LBnM/TNPuWeGM1xI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/wh3pFXQNVbs/s1600/CoruscantColour1.jpg]

I guess it is a more surprise to me as this isn't exactly the one I had planned to show that while ago. Featured recently in the opening of GAW, the space above Coruscant has become chaotic given the events that had taken place there. A sneak attack on the Senate building, a new Emperor in place... and so much more.

I do hope to have more new pieces to show off soon. :)

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    I like the way you've done that, nice to see different ships there. Love the atmosphere of that picture too, looks very dark and brooding there.

Good job!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you! I tried to get as much variety and of types that would realistically be there. Part of me is thinking I should write up a ship list of the classes present in the piece. Like one of those key guides that some artworks/photos have. Or a competition to see who can list the most... maybe a prize too?

Dark and brooding sounds fitting... 'Dark and brooding at the Dawning of a new Era'... that has a nice ring to it.

:)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great picture and nice to see all those details and the atmosphere of the entire piece.=D==D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you Earlybird-obi-wan! :) It was a fun piece to do too. I am glad to have found a way to show you the details on the piece in a higher resolution than what photobucket allows.

Obligon Nebula

[image=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lxYaMR9LBnM/TOjOk1XIJ5I/AAAAAAAAAFM/dw3kwttdAbs/s1600/H-II_00000.jpg]

While its stunning magnitude is impressive, it is tiny compared to the other nebulas of its class in the galaxy. Through the process of accretion, new stars are being born in this interstellar nursery. What gives the nebula its beauty is the way ultra-violet light from the young stars reacts with the gases, illuminating them.

Beautiful but also full of hidden dangers. Inside the depths of this nebula, the dense magnetic field of a lone pulsar sculpt the particles of dust and gas into spiralling tendril formations around it. The sweeping, pulsating high-energy radiation leaving the celestial body is harmful to anyone unshielded from it.

The gravitational forces influenced by the stars keep an iron rich field of asteroids snugly by the edge of the nebula. This material once belonged to a star system: remnants of planets and moons, asteroids and comets, dust and ice. Presumably destroyed aeons ago by a supernova or some other catastrophic event. With the passing of time, it would be likely that the field would be captured by the gravity of a young star from the Nebula and be recycled as a new system of planets and bodies to orbit it.

Among this dynamic backdrop another activity plays out...

- Excerpt from Grand Admiral Mitth'raw'nuruodo post - Corellian_Outrider, Date 11/22 4:09am - GAW IV: The Prisoner of Coruscant

This is my interpretation on what the phenomenon within the Obligon Nebula might be like. The Nebula is located on the borders of the Chommel Sector, with the asteroid field close to it being the Arrissa's Field. I used what I had learnt from doing the previous Nebula piece I had done and built upon that. I had originally planned to illustrate the entire post like I had done with previous ones but time had gotten the better of me. I do have thumbnails of how it might had turn out which I might post later down the track.

Back to the note of higher resolutions, I have updated the index links with a handful of higher resolution versions of previous drawings which are:

Queen Sabe Amidala II
    Nyll
    Adrias Stark
    Ahsoka Tano - Padawan
    Captain Scyther Vectis

I hope to post more down the track. :)

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice view of that nebula with the red dangerous colouring

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    I love the picture of the nebula, very nice colours.:)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Dan, those high resolution images truly look remarkable. You're right, photobucket doesn't do them justice. All of them are beautifully drawn and for me, Sabe and Scyther really stand out in personality and artistry for some unknown reason. Love seeing such wonderful art presented in such a deservedly wonderful fashion. Awesome job!

Great job with the nebula image as well. It has great colours and I love the "presence" the solar system on the right side of the image has. It's wonderful work, and I'm not sure if you're still working on it, but I would possibly suggest that you could try adding a bunch more stars to the background? I'm just noticing the cleanliness of the black background since it is a nebula out in the depths of space.

:D

Superb!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you Earlybird, J-L and Tyi! :)

This is a H-II class nebula so it be more rich in materials need to give birth to new stars. The colours in a nebula are more to do with the type of gases that are present. Hydrogen and Helium more the reds, and the heavier ones, such as oxygen brings out a more cool in the colour. Sounds a bit like Celestial painting.

Oh Tyi, I can't remember if I had shown you the storyboards but there were to be a series on the region. I am planning to work again on this nebula and maybe do another one, more stars be good :). I also be reworking a select few of my older pieces as well. I should post them up when I get a chance.

I have another special update:

[b]Marie-Celeste Isabeau[/b]

[image=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lxYaMR9LBnM/TPeNu95_t7I/AAAAAAAAAFo/fun2gzbWhlY/s1600/Marie-Celeste.jpg]

Marie-Celeste Isabeau, Reina Mavras Djupva Moder om alla Kavalans Ursa. The Matriarch and Reina of the Ursa System.

This is for [b]Pashatemur[/b], writer of Marie-Celeste Isabeau in The Galaxy At War RPG series.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    beautiful =D==D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    Another brilliant piece of work CO, well done!:)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    All your latest art pieces, but my favourite is the Obligon Nebula.

[face_love]

Such colour intensity, such feelings it stirrs...

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you Earlybird, J-L and AzureAngel for your kind words!

Apologies for the late reply, DRL has been keeping me busy and progress has been slow. On the topic of colour, I have been thinking about whether I should add colour to some of my previous pieces or do more works that has colour added. Is there any preferences that you would like to see?

I should have another art update soon if things go smoothly.

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.