main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Art of Darth Zemog. [ Updated, 3/14/05]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthZemog, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Budzy,
    I'd recommend taking any issues you think you may have to PM's.

2. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Zemog, and that coloring was just a quickie! :p

I can spend more time on it and take the quality up there next to Dark Horse and their latest Star Wars comics...

...which gets me thinking... you know... we could team up on a fan comic... :p

3. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I have an OC request...that's human. Acceptable right? :p

Yes, yes, another one. :p

4. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    You're very welcome Robal_Krahl. It was my pleasure to do your request. Again, sorry for the long delay.

Regarding the delay, dont worry about it. I draw, myself, and i know the pressures of real life can delay projects. You are under no obligation to draw the requests put forth by people, who should show every courtesy to you.
    The fact is that you take the time to work hard on every request you recieve, and you are not even paid. You do this out of the goodness of your own heart, so any and all who request a piece should show patience. :)

Again, thank you very much for putting the time you did into my character :)

5. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    UPDATE: Zemog, I colored another one! :p But this time it was by request of Darth-Vassago.

Here is the colored version of his character:
    [image=http://www.swsaga.com/digitalstudios/fanart/darth_vassago1.jpg]
    Colored

[image=http://hometown.aol.com/jasminefelix/images/darthvassago.jpg]
    Original

6. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Ah, another fine job, Jacemathem. I have to thank you again for being so gracious and doing this for me. It's much appreciated. Thank you again. :)

~Vassago

7. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    That is awesome!! The drawing is great and so is the coloring!

How do you guys do it?

=D=

darth_nemisis

8. darkstar55

darkstar55 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2004
    Hey zemog your work is amazing i hope 2 one day to be able to draw like you plz could you re-draw my character http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/darkstar55/DarthDarkstarOrginal.jpg Darth Darkstar

9. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Wow Jacematham, your colors bring Darth Vassago to life! Excellent! A team-up to do a fan comic....hmmm, I think that might be a very good possibility! ;)

Thanks for all the kind words from everybody. I can't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. I enjoy drawing these requests, and I'm happy that people like my work enough to keep asking. I'll always try to help my fellow fans bring their characters to life. I know my wife would probably be happy if I was charging for drawings, but that's not why I do it. Star Wars has given so much happiness to me, that I'm happy to give back any way I can, and so far that's helping other SW fans with some drawings here and there. I love to draw and drawing SW characters, new and old is icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. So thanks to all of you who like my work!

With that said, Darth_Elu, as long as your character is SW, you got a deal! ;) Same for you Darkstar55! I'll get to work on them after the holiday. I promised drawings to Darth_Nemisis and Corrin_Wyndryder first, so I got to do theirs before I can oblige your requests! Sorry. ;)
    Please have a little patience, send me your character descriptions and hang in there. I'll try my best to do them justice and should be back soon with some new artwork! :D

Later and thanks,
    DZ!

10. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Yay! I'm in line!

11. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    Here's another colored version of Zemog's art, this one requested colored by Zedd-Vega:

[image=http://www.swsaga.com/digitalstudios/fanart/zedd_vega1.jpg]

I already have a request to color the General Grievous fight scene Zemog drew earlier... ;)

12. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    I probably look like I'm copying jace now :p but I decided to colour one in. :)

[image=http://img67.exs.cx/img67/4646/coloured.jpg]

btw nice job on that jace, the metal looks realy nice.

13. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    ...copycat... :rolleyes:

:p

Nice job, btw. Next you should experiment with highlights and shadows overtop your colors. ;)

14. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Heres another one I did, trying out with the shadows and highlights...

[image=http://img84.exs.cx/img84/6864/coloured2.jpg]

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I like that colorized Zedd-Vega figure a lot. Very nice! Your second one is pretty good also, odj..

16. General_Grievous1138

General_Grievous1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2004
    i don't want to be critical but jacemathem you may want to change vassagos hair color because you can't see his beard. Again i don't mean to be critical.

17. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    i don't want to be critical but jacemathem you may want to change vassagos hair color because you can't see his beard. Again i don't mean to be critical.

The user who had DarthZemog draw this and then requested me to color it, whose name is also Darth-Vassago, specifically requested the hair color black along with the clothing to be black. I just followed what guidelines were given me. :)

18. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    I love what you've done with mine, coloring it and all, but there's something weird about the padawan braid. It's kind of hard to see because it's where the tunic folds over, but it's kind of weird having it a drastically different color than the hair. It's not a big deal or anything, I only noticed it yesterday.

EDIT: If you're thinking of doing a comic, I could help out with writing it.

19. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Here's a fast request done for Darth_Nemisis before I take a break for Turkey Day! This is his Sith Lord of the same name, Darth Nemisis! I hope you like him. :)

[image=http://hometown.aol.com/jasminefelix/images/nemisis.jpg]

Well, I'm hanging up my pencil until after Thanksgiving, but I'll get to work again afterwards on all those drawings I have requests for! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Later, DZ :cool:

20. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    HOLY CRAP!! Dude, that is great! Thank you so much!

=D=

21. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Awesome...just....awesome. Another great job, Zemog. That is amazing. The detail, the shading, just...wow. Great job, man. Keep up the great work.

I look forward to your return, my friend. Happy Thanksgiving to you, hope it's safe and...happy. :p Look forward to your return.

~Vassago

22. General_Grievous1138

General_Grievous1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2004
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

23. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    to quote keannu... whoa.

Very good work, Zemog; I love it! Your eye for detail is matched by none that i have seen on this board. :)

Quick question: how do you keep it looking so clean? Do you clean it up on the computer, or on paper?

24. darkstar55

darkstar55 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2004
    i hope you dont mind i did a quick collage of some of your characters http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/darkstar55/Zemogcollage.jpg hope u like it

25. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    That's cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.