main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Artist's Lounge - Social Thread Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Sheba

Darth_Sheba Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2003
    I figured this was the best time to put my stuff back online, so once again, the links in my thread work. Not all my work is back up yet; I'm still looking for a better way to show them and keep up with them. Anybody familiar with Coppermine or software like it?

Gah, I'm posting with a sock again. :oops: I'm Daughter_Of_TheForce. [face_blush]

2. ICKessler

ICKessler Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2003
    Hello!

I'm new to the TFN fan forums, although I've been looking up reference materials on their database forever. I used to be fairly active guild member on the SWAG site (I.C.Kessler), but as you know they've been frozen in carbonite indefinitely.

I have a question, would it be kosher to post a few of the better pieces I did for SWAG in the fan art galleries here? They were requested on the SWAG forums by people there, but the site seems to be drifting into obscurity since they closed down the requests thread.

I've been working on other projects but I love the SW universe so much, I keep drifting back here, and I enjoyed the challenge of doing interesting requests.

3. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    anytime snuggle

4. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I don't see why there would be any problem with it. It's great to see new artists around here and frankly, we need more people handling requests. I'm sure you'll be a great addition!

-wick

5. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    :eek: Wick! I can't believe you came back and I DID NOT NOTICE!!! I trust you will forgive me...

I really need to start posting here more often.

6. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
    Yane, I voted for you

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    ICKessler, as wick already mentioned, posting your artwork here would be a great addition to the forum. Feel free to start up a thread when you have the time. :)

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  8. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    Hi all,

I'm not an artist, but I am a fan fic writer looking for inspiration. :D I thought I'd try asking for help here rather than starting a new thread. Could anyone tell me if there are any threads in here where artists have posted their own Star Wars inspired creature creations? ;) Is there anyone in this forum who is particularly good at creating original animals? Any ideas where else I may look for inspiration?

sg

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello, spiritgurl--if you're looking for original "creatures," this thread is chock-full of absolutely fabulous renderings of such (also environments...)! There are countless threads that have original characters, such as RPG characters and alien Jedi or Sith (some of which are original species). I guess you might just take a little time, hit a few pages of some of the threads and browse (it's something that always helps me when I myself am looking for inspiration! ;) ). There's a virtual torrent of talent in this forum, and it's always fun to just look!

FF

10. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    WOW. Those are incredible. Thanks FF. I know I'll have to look around some more I was just hoping to get a bit of "direction" from here. ;) I started looking but it seemed like a lot of the artwork was based on the human characters and I was really looking for creatures. Specifically, I was hoping to find something whale inspired (and other sea creatures)

sg

11. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
  12. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Well, I was being all sneaky-like. I suppose I can forgive you this time...;)

It's great to see Otis show up DA! People there are going to be thrilled.

13. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
  14. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hello everyone! :)

I just wanted to pop my head in here and say "hey" to you all! Thank you to all the people kind enought to leave such cool and welcoming comments in my new thread. It's been too long for me away from the creative community here in the Fan Art boards! So thank you, and it's good to be back! :D

What's up with the banner though? We need a new one ASAP! It seems every other board has new skins but this one. I know there's a thread floating around about using some of the fan artwork that's from some of the talented people around here. That sounds really cool and if I can offer any of my pics to it's creation just let me know. That is, if that's the direction this section goes!

Anyway, I got to go finish up like 4 pics at once! Talk to you all later!
    ~DZ
    :cool:

15. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    It's great to have you back, DZ!

16. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Yes, I was thinking of you DZ.

17. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    *waves timidly*

18. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    I'm so overwhelmed! I've got a Wacom tablet, met Protv_Scar and Rudwolf in person, they presented me with this, and their other drawings, I found DeviantArt full of messages and the scanner's broken!

19. Selk

Selk Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    Hi folks! I'm new here so be gentle with me. My name is Selk, I first saw Star Wars in 1977 when I was but a wee lad of six and ever since then I've been expressing my love for Star Wars through my art. Actually Star Wars was my conduit for art and for my passion for movies. I have a website if you'd like to see some of my work. It's called Selk's Star Wars Fan Art Gallery. Check it out.

http://www.jerrydroberts.com/Costume%20Show/index.htm

20. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Selk, your work is great, especially the Photoshop stuff! Theed Palace is very cool looking, but my favorite is the logo you made for the Alabama Star Wars fan group. (Is it a FanForce?) Also, the album covers, especially the Sgt. Pepper and Yellow Submarine parodies, are really fun to look at. Can't wait to see more of your work!

Hey everyone, I now have internet access on my computer! :D And, I have IM now (actually, Trillian, so it works out fine, and I don't have to download as much. ;) ). Check my profile to get my screennames if you want to chat with me. :)

21. Selk

Selk Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    Thanks so much, positive feedback does wonders for my confidence.

No, I'm not part of a FanForce but I am a member (and officer) of The Alabama Star Wars Syndicate and The Rebel Legion.

Two things:
    1.) I am always on the lookout for a Star Wars fan art contest. Do you know of anything?
    2.) I submitted work to TF.n a month ago and I still haven't seen it show up on the site. I kept within the guidelines but I'm still waiting. I'm wondering what is taking so long.

22. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Selk--oh, yes...the "long, long waits" for the updates in the Fan Art Museum! lol! Patience, my friend--sometimes it takes months and months before an update takes place--if your work is included, though, normally someone will send you an e-mail (to the address you sent the work from) notifying you that it's been posted. It does take a long, long time, though! I realize they get hundreds (maybe many hundreds) of submissions, and I know it must take a lot of time and effort to go through them all--but it would probably be helpful to make mention of that on the submissions page, so artists wouldn't be getting frustrated because of the length of time it usually takes. My only advice is "be patient!" I think the longest one for me, wait time, was about four months...

Re: contests... Don't know of any running right now... We have our Fan Art Challenge, which is more of a "creativity spur" for our community--everyone's a "winner" there! Take a look, and feel free to participate! All comers are welcome!

FF

23. Selk

Selk Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    I have two pieces in there already from a while back and they didn't take too terribly long to get submitted, maybe a couple of months or so. I submitted like six or seven pieces so that may take a little longer.

24. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I bet they are getting swamped right now though with people and ROTS work. ;)

25. Selk

Selk Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    Yeah, you're probably right. Since May they're probably getting overloaded with stuff.

I'm not sure if I even submitted anything from Episode III.

BTW, who are these "Featured Artists"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.