main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Discussions The Artist's Lounge - Social Thread Ver. 3.0

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 8, 2023.

1. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth Shelf of Shame Winner star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 4, 2021
    I never known anyone that was on a plane that had issues, thankfully you are okay [:D]!

I could see how you would not enjoy it, though...

I have to ask, is it strange to be fascinated and scared of heights cause if so that's me...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  2. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    Also I have a question for you good people...

I want to photoshop but I just haven't felt inspired enough to do it, same with my icon....

How do you overcome creative blocks?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    One of the best ways for me is talking through stuff. Also, maybe trying something new, or a relaxing soak or shower.

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I can definitely relate to being on a plane with mechanical issues. We were on the runway about to take off, and the Captain comes over the intercom and mentions that they were having computer problems. They were going to shut everything down and try a restart. Unfortunately, that didn't work, and we ended up going back to the gate. We weren't about to wait around to get back on the same plane, though. We ended up getting on another flight to LA (a direct flight this time) on standby.

In terms of creative inspiration, I found that looking at work that is similar to what you want to do really helps. For example, if you want to do realistic portraits, look up artists that do that kind of thing and study them for a while. That got me through a lot of difficult times when I couldn't seem to produce anything. :)

5. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    I might just play around with this weekend just to kill time, who knows I might end up creating something...

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I seriously need to do that myself. I haven't drawn anything for a while, and I really want to get back into it.

7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hey I had to draw Bowser the other day. :p

HanSolo29 likes this.
  8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo! Animated characters are actually a good place to start!

Are you brave enough to share with us? :p

9. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Haha! No, it was terrible.

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww! [:D]

We're always our own worst critics. :p

11. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    A five year old told me it was pretty bad. [face_laugh]

HanSolo29 likes this.
  12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    ... LOL!

Ok, that actually made me snort and laugh out loud. [face_laugh]

Maybe they just didn't appreciate your style? :p

13. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I tried to explain that it was my interpretation, but I was waved off. [face_dunno]

HanSolo29 likes this.
  14. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    @Lady_Belligerent it's okay, I can't draw which is why I photoshop...

My family and I attended a Paint with Bob Ross night at a local art gallery. They gave us canvas, paint, brushes and on the video screen they played a Bob Ross video. The thing was when the video started his painting was complete so we all were just trying to paint something. The group in front of us, were hysterical. He kept saying how his painting look like a child did it. To be honest, everyone's painting look like a child did it....

15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    OMG that’s awesome. [face_laugh]

HanSolo29 and Jedi Bluth like this.
  16. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    I always hoped they do it again, but they never did...

What was even more crazy, but years later I was at an estate sale and one of the women working asked us if we attended that event. We told her yes, and she said I wasn't in your class, but I was in the next class after you and that she remembered seeing us there...

17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I’ve wanted to take weaving classes, but I’ve never found any at a time and place that’s worked for me. When I lived in Dallas, I had a neighbor with a big loom in her living room where she’d sit and weave.

Jedi Bluth and HanSolo29 like this.
  18. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    I feel like if I did basket weaving, cause I'm not good with my hands, it would look like Dale Gribble's baskets...

19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I mean weaving on a large scale, like this:
    D85C3437-06E6-4608-9C42-4B2F7503BED4.jpeg

HanSolo29 likes this.
  20. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    Oh my...

I'm nervous just looking at it, hopefully you'll get your chance to do it! Who knows 2023 might be that year!

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    For everyone who does weaving, sewing, etc., I have to give you credit! I have no idea what I'm doing with that, and I'm always amazed by the stuff you guys create. :eek:

22. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I have been in a rut, so I should oil my machine and do something. I have 2 quilts that have been in progress for too long. One makes you feel like you’re standing at a heavy iron gate, looking through it into a garden.

The other one is not as exciting, it’s an easier design in red, black, and white.

Jedi Bluth and HanSolo29 like this.
  23. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    I always wanted to get into blacksmithing but never found anybody to do classes....

I also want to paint again, it might be something I do in Idaho....

Lots of happy little trees out there...
    [​IMG]

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    You can never go wrong with painting – it's very therapeutic! :D

Can I ask what's your preferred medium (watercolor, acrylic, oil, etc.)?

25. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    I haven't tried all the methods and done it enough to answer the question...

I will say when watching Bob Ross I prefer black canvases to white...

The paintings on the black come out a lot better!

HanSolo29 likes this.