main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Atlanta Braves Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Rogue...Jedi, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    That's two tough hits the Braves have taken in a very short span of time. :(

2. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
  3. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    well we won...1-0 by its a win. tough game. tough pitching on both sides. Conrad though was able to put us on the board though.

intersting the phillies lost to the mets 1-0...so we're 3 games ahead now

4. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    I really hope that stupid Dodger choke dosen't cost us anything

5. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Our pitching has been on fire this series.

6. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Would have been nice to have a few of today's runs yesterday, though :p

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    So, when the Braves make playoffs (as I think they will), I've got a pick to use for my colors game:

NLDS game 1: TBA at Atlanta: Will the game be a sellout?- Yes or NO.

:p

Back-to-Back!: 2008-2009 & 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: World Champions:cool:

8. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    it will be a sellout. as to who we verse...I don't know...I just hope the Phillies don't make the playoffs.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Medlen will have Tommy John surgery this week :(

Here's to a full and complete recovery and to his coming back in a year as good as ever!

10. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    10-2

pretty good for Minor. Again he pitched very well.

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    First big league win for Minor :)

Didn't look quite so good when he left down 2-0, but Diory Hernandez's HR (!) got the offense started and all of a sudden it was 10-2.

12. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Braves acquired Derrek Lee from the Cubs today for three young pitching prospects. He's nursing an injury at the moment, but will join the team Friday... in Chicago :p

2-2 game right now, but Zimmerman just got tossed for violently throwing his bat and helmet after striking out... at first I thought he was just upset at himself (strike three was a swing and miss) but given what he was saying at the time, I think he was more ticked at the previous pitch, a called strike on what he thought should have been ball 4 (though the pitch tracker showed it was indeed in the strike zone). As for what he said... suffice to say both parts of it are on the disallowed list here, and that it only makes sense if he's talking about a call instead of his swing.

13. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    well sad day that Cubs lost Lou today...

and they lost big time again like on opening day...16-5. TWO homers by Infante AND Heyward...

geesh..

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I find it slightly ironic that Piniella's last game was against Bobby Cox, given the former's reputation for blowing up on occasion and the latter's holding the ejections record :p

Definitely a nice offensive game for the Braves today. And on top of that, Mike Minor recorded 12 Ks :D Very encouraging.

15. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    What a way for Lou to go out; on the losing end of a blowout loss.

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I feel kinda bad for him going out like that. But not really, because it was the Braves and the Braves scoring those runs was too nice :D

Braves in Colorado tonight, Tim Hudson on the mound :)

They were just showing some stats on the Braves leadoff hitters before and after May 15 (with MLB ranks)... average, on base percentage, slugging, and one more category I didn't catch... before May 15, they were last in all 4 categories. Since? First. In all four categories. Pretty incredible turnaround.

17. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    His first game with the cubs this year they lost 16-5...his last he lost against the braves again 16-5...geesh....

18. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    well the good news is Phillies have been losing to the astros so we're still 2.5 games ahead of them

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah... it seems like its been both winning or both losing every day for the past week or more :p

Now if we can just get back to Braves winning and keep the Phillies losing...

20. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    well we blew that lead...

good news is phillies got swept too.

bad news kind of is I didn't know p/h had a fourth game...so let us hope astros win

21. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I saw the ending of yesterday's Braves game [face_sick] Only consolation from yesterday was the Phillies losing as well.

Got today off, need to forget about that hideous series in Colorado and get ready for the Marlins coming into town tomorrow. Back at home in the friendly confines of Turner Field :)

Also, I'm wondering if Freddy Freeman might still get a chance to play a little bit in September if Derrek Lee doesn't turn it around and do something over there at first. He's been in a slump since the trade.

22. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    I don't take it as consolation. We should be cashing in and have a 4 or 5 game lead by now. This will come back to haunt us.

23. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    I believe these sums up the game today:

[image=http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq346/TheGuardianofArlon/PIC_1033.jpg]
    [image=http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq346/TheGuardianofArlon/PIC_1034.jpg]

24. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Saw the beginning of tonight's game, enough to put the Braves down 6-1, then turned the game off to rewatch ANH with my girlfriend (who hadn't seen it in a while), then walked back into my room (where the Braves game was still on) just in time to see Diaz hit the HR to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th... paused ANH and watched from then on through McCann's walkoff :D

Historic ending, actually - first time a game has ended on a review, and it was very nearly two years to the day after the limited replay was instituted (2 years plus one day). Pretty easy call to make, though - everybody knew it was a HR, and apparently the Marlins were already walking off the field before it was officially ruled a HR :p

25. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    2 nice wins over the Mets, and the Braves now up 3.5 over the Phillies, pending the outcome of tonight's Phils-Dodgers game. Derrek Lee went 3-3 with a walk, nice to see him producing. Freeman will be with the team starting tomorrow (September call-ups) so I'm guessing he might share time with Lee at first during September.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.