main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Australian Embassy

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ender Sai, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    ...or, Why Should Canada Have All the Fun?

I'm considering doing what every sun-hating Australian does, and going to England next year to live and work. So, I'm setting up this thread to keep the Australian presence alive in the UK (which, I gather, won't be hard) and to give you an excuse to post in the Oceania boards, spreading words like eejit (which I've started, but it hasn't caught on), as well as to network yada yada yada. Especially since a few ( [face_laugh] ) English people "occasionally" make the trip down under. ;)

So, yeah, um, "hi" I guess... :)

E_S

If you have any questions too, feel free to ask. And no, we don't drink Fosters. There IS a reason we export it! :D

2. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    About time someone built an Aussie Embassy :)

I've often wonders about Fosters - guess you lot don't like Kylie either ;)

Hmm, well if you come over here, prepare to gain weight, lots of weight. I have yet to work with an Aussie who hasn't put on the pounds due to lack of decent sport. Oh yeah, and just bring the winter clothes :D And a beanie hat ;)

3. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Bah! Most Aussies I know can't afford anything; it's literally 3 times the price over there.

We drink good beer, and send Fosters away, as it is shameful, oh so shameful.

As for Kylie, hell no! She is what we would call a "honey", or, if my English is any good, what you'd call "fit". ;)

I like cold, wet days. Hence why I'm heading that way! :)

And "eejit" - man, I love that word! Using it whenever I can. I'll make it in context if I have to!

So, when will you start an Embassy in Australia? You have a de facto ambassador, as LV's there a bit! Go on!

E_S

4. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    LOL! I think I shall let LV have the honour :)

5. Yoshi-Toshi

Yoshi-Toshi Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2002
    Hello and welcome to FF-UK Ender_Sai, ya big eejit!! :p

Charis, leave Kylie alone!! :_|

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ta, Yoshi. It's an honour to be called an eejit by such a great and respected eejit! :p

We had our music awards, the ARIA's, recently. You should have seen Kylie...MEOW! [face_love]

E_S

7. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Eejit!

Welcome to my country of birth Ender ;) [face_devil].

Yes, be prepared for A:) Moaning about how bad Britain is, 'specially the weather ;). B. It's always cold and wet ;) C: Damn expensive rail travel, not to mention dangerous too ;)

So your on a mission critical to spread the *word* huh Ender ;)

Eeejit!

8. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Hey there E_S, welcome.

9. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I thought our British friends may like some clues on how the Aussie male operates. Here's a typical story:

Her side of the story:
    He was in an odd mood Saturday night. We planned to meet at a pub for a drink. I spent the afternoon shopping with the girls and I thought it might have been my fault because I was a bit later than I promised, but he didn't say anything much about it. The conversation was very slow going so I thought we would go off somewhere more intimate so we could talk more privately. We went to this restaurant and he was STILL acting a bit funny, tried to cheer him up and started to wonder whether it was me or something else. I asked him, and he said no. But I wasn't really sure.

So anyway, in the car on the way back home, I said that I loved him deeply and he just put his arm around me. I didn't know what the hell that meant because you know he didn't say it back or anything, this is really worrying me.

We finally got back home and I was wondering if he was going to leave me!

So I tried to get him to talk but he just switched on the TV, and sat with a distant look in his eyes that seemed to say its all over between us. Reluctantly, I said I was going to go to bed.

Then after about 10 minutes, he joined me and to my surprise, he responded to my advances and we made love. But, he still seemed really distracted, so afterwards I wanted to confront him but I just cried myself to sleep.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I mean, I really think he's seeing someone else and that my life is a disaster.

His side of the story:
    Australia lost the cricket. Got a root though.

Note: You can tell it's a bogus story from the blatant lie Australia lost the cricket.

10. Yoshi-Toshi

Yoshi-Toshi Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2002
    @ E_S - LOL! :p

And just for you...

[image=http://www.mediaextranet.co.uk/imagerepository/webshopimages/965957-2]

[face_love] [face_love]

LMAO @ Silmarillion. [face_laugh]

11. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    I go away for a day and all hell breaks lose in here, least wait for me to get home :p

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Sil - :p I don't know about *Queensland* men... :D

Yoshi... Here are photos of aforementioned night of much yumminess!
    2002 ARIA Awards. Go to the photo gallery once inside. Stupid flash won't let me post pictures... :mad:

You can see photos of Holly Vallance there too. She can't dance, sing or act, but, eh! ;)

Oi Yoshi, reckon ppl will get offended if I use this thread as an excuse to show off Australia's fantasic female forms?! :D Set the cause of feminism back a couple o' decades right here right now!

However, I will eventually get down to business, like organising my trip there etc etc. Then I can show YOU how to drink! :p

E_S

13. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    Then I can show YOU how to drink!

That I would like to see ;)

14. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Firstly. Sil - I don't know about *Queensland* men... Hey I'm a Qld man, I'm offended ;)

Secondly. You must include Sil in that titilating taxonomy of terse aussie bodily forms ;)

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Eh, you're a Queensland man, I'm offended! :p

Nah, I don't want Sil to think I only see women as objects! [face_laugh]

E_S

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    That I would like to see

Ok! You're on. However, you guys have to get some real beer there. I've had English beer. It went:

"Warm? WARM? What the hell are you thinking! Ewwwwwww" :p

There are a few things we can teach you, and vice versa. Like Cricket and beer. You can teach us football, as my countrymen think Rugby is football! IT'S NOT PLAYED WITH THE FEET THOUGH!!! :_|

E_S

17. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    lol

I have never really drink beer myself, drink snakebite occasionally but that doesn't count as it's half cider.

I am more a spirits girl ;)

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yes, you ARE a spirited girl! :D :p

Hey, you guys ever seen Family Guy?

E_S

19. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    lol thank you :D

I've heard of it, but not seen it.

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    So where is the damn British Embassy? We can make the Commonwealth MORE important :eek: than it is now!

I know you're asking "But how could that be possible" - we're just gonna have to try.

BTW, what time is it there? 'Tis 10p.m Wednesday 23/10/02.

E_S

21. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    hehe we have a british embassy on the european board ;)

time is now 1:05pm 23/10/02

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Cool. But where is your Aussie HQ? Come on, there are like a million English types out here! :)

Hey, Yoshi, are you, and I by invitation, FF-UK'ing eejits? ?[face_plain] :D

E_S

23. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    lol

Have you been drinking that vanilla coke again? :p

anyway gonna go my time is running up plus I am bored in this net cafe.

I may be on tonight when I get home, eventually.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh, sorry, how rude of me.

Hey, toochilled :) , you haven't been round the Senate lately. ?[face_plain]

E_S

25. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Have you been drinking that vanilla coke again?

Wherever did she get that supposition from ;)

Oh and goodnight fellow geeks, I'm off to bed to dream of better times ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.