main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.01 - Aftermath - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 3, 2021.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 18, 2021.
  1. 10

21.6%
  2. 9

34.0%
  3. 8

26.8%
  4. 7

10.3%
  5. 6

3.1%
  6. 5

2.1%
  7. 4

1.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Bloody hell. Why do they have to have the same letters lmao.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Yeah, it started when I was in middle school, and I don't think I ever talked to a single other kid about it. I'm sure some watched, but people were far more into talking about things like Naruto instead. Now it's getting the love it deserves!

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    10/10
    Certainly a lot going on, but it's well worth it. Tbh I wasn't initially I wasn't all that excited about the new BB series overall; I liked the clones enough in TCW but I didn't think enough to watch a series about them. But I didn't realize that this really serves to extend the bridge from TCW to the movies. It was cool to see Order 66 from another perspective; this time from young Caleb Dume and his Jedi Master. I've seen headline spoilers referring to some retcon involving Kanan's backstory, but I didn't pay too much attention to it. Frankly if they altered it a tad to factor in the BB story, I'm fine with it. The one thing that kind of rubbed me the wrong way was hearing Freddie Prinze Jr.'s voice as the young teenage Padawan Caleb. It kind of reminded me of the adult voices of the kids in The Polar Express.

I assume the Jedi's body that the clones were carrying on the stretcher on Kamino was Shaak Ti's, correct? Yeah, that was pretty upsetting.
    Onderon and Saw Gerrera was fairly brief. I wonder if they'll go back there eventually. Wasn't Lux Bonteri still supposed to be there?

4. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    I saw this pointed out on another forum, the background sets of the ROTS shots, appear to be taken directly from ROTS, but with like an artsy filter applied over them.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It wasn’t Ti was on Coruscant

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So which Jedi was still on Kamino during Order 66?

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We don’t know but the Jedi’s hand was green no white/red

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Some folks think it was Yoda's Doctor from Season 6. I've also seen Zatt get thrown around too.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Oh ok I didn't notice that.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I didn’t either just saw it in a picture after

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I meant to say Taun We, not Lama Su. [face_whistling]

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It doesn't really phase me one way or the other regarding the popularity of Mando vs. TCW and now BB. I watched every single episode of Mando to date, and tbh not one episode, including the Ahsoka one, had me so eagerly anticipating the next one as these animated series have been. To me they're just so much more epic than the live action shows have been for the most part. These are shows that I can definitely see myself rewatching after all's said and done. I can't particularly say that for most of Mando.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  13. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I’m a pretty big fan of Mando, and I’d still say I agree. There’s something about Star Wars in animation that works better than most other mediums for me. Not to mention that bigger episode counts allow for a LOT more going on per season. I won’t lie, Mando only having 8 half hour episodes was a bummer.

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    watched this a second time. I think we see what makes Omega so special.

Omega can read minds. Maybe she has force powers but for sure she is telepathic. She’s at the meeting with tarkin so she can eavesdrop on his thoughts, that’s how she knows Wrecker is searching for his stuffed toy, she also knows when to duck from blaster fire. Not sure how she learns to fire a blaster.

it could be Omega uses a power similar to how Hunter can sense energy. Could be Omega is a Force sensitive clone.

Thatcould link up to Baby Yoda and Palpatine wanting a clone.

But for now she is telepathic.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I kinda picked that up myself; though wasn't 100% sure about it.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    She also sensed when Crosshair was about to enter

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  18. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    Hm according to the Episode Guide concept art gallery, Depa Billaba's lightsaber (including blade colour) were originally designed for Production code '601' of Clone Wars, which would have been "A Death on Utapau" according to Wookieepedia.

She's not in the animatics though IIRC.

The V-Wing Cockpit model is a reuse of the A-Wing cockpit from Rebels. Which isn't surprising, I doubt we'll see the inside of one close up anyways.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  19. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That’s correct. She was designed but later someone said to save her character. And a different - more generic - Jedi is killed on Utapau that I think is based on Depa’s model.

darkspine10 and Tuskin38 like this.
  20. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    So this episode isn't the first thing to contradict the Kanan comic. The Lightsaber Collection book has her blade as blue as well.

I'm guessing it was also based off her Clone Wars concept art and not the comic.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    One thing to note is Tarkin has a theme introduced this episode. It hasn't been released yet, but it has a very similar vibe to the motif Kiner gave Agent Kallus in Rebels. Thematically speaking, their purpose is similar - militant, acting upon higher authority and inquisitive. And I don't mean Inquisitorious Inquisitve - Tarkin comes to Kamino to root out disloyalty in the Bad Batch in the same way Kallus's purpose is to root out Rebels on Lothal.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    whostheBossk likes this.