main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.01 - Aftermath - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 3, 2021.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 18, 2021.
  1. 10

21.6%
  2. 9

34.0%
  3. 8

26.8%
  4. 7

10.3%
  5. 6

3.1%
  6. 5

2.1%
  7. 4

1.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Really?

You’re really gonna pull that **** in the first episode? Caleb Dume. That’s not even fair! You never even gave me a chance. Damn you, Filoni! :_|

2. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Great start!

- Did not expect the Caleb cameo. It definitely made that Order 66 scene hit hard. Even caught a snippet of Kanan's theme from Rebels. This episode used leitmotifs well.
    - Was even more surprised to see Freddie Prinze voice-acted his younger self - lol. And I was thinking Caleb's voice reminded me of Ezra.
    - It's rough seeing the regs as now the antagonists.
    - Omega has hints of Force-sensitivity? (Can't imagine a Star Wars animated show without a Jedi connection somewhere.)
    - Hunter and Omega seem to be the new Din and Grogu pair.
    - Premise looks like a more adult version of Rebels. Not groundbreaking but I'm willing to ride along for now.
    - The Empire taking over Onderon and Gerrera as Rebel happened awfully fast.
    - Nice echo to history with the Citadel arc being the site of both CT-1409's original death and Tarkin's introduction.
    - No Star Wars show is complete without a tooka doll.
    - Glad they left Crosshair alive. Establishes an interesting antagonist dynamic right off the bat.
    - Wondering who this "friend on J-19" is. It can't be Rex - how would they know his whereabouts so fast?

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  3. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Its gotta be Rex, I'm certain. Remember they really respected each other when they last parted and they could see he was different to other clones.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Fantastic first episode!
    The opening was my favorite part, but all of it was really exciting. Can't wait to see where this is going.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This show is also a lot darker than I thought it was gonna be so far anyway. I am sure we’ll have some goofy episodes

Def Trooper likes this.
  6. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Also, anyone find it funny the chip makes clones instant jerks to everyone?

Snafu55 likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    i'm thinking Cut and Rex is with him, on his farm.

8. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    From what it looks like, the regular clones were always jerks to the Bad Batch. Tech even says as much when Hunter asks if it seems like they're acting weird.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean not that surprising clones would pick on any clone slightly different

Snafu55 likes this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

MrDarth0 and TadoFett like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Doesn’t look like a familiar jedi

Snafu55 likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    probaly one who took over after Shaak ti left.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    When and Why did she even leave though?

14. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Dave Filoni: How could I retcon Depa Billaba's death to make it slightly worse?
    Also Dave Filoni: I got it.

Snafu55, Sarge and chrcharcor2 like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    She left for some reason and portected the chancellor on corucant,

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Lol

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also on Omega. I am gonna say this now. I highly doubt she gets a lot of hate as a character. I already like her more than Ahsoka. From the first like 4 seasons of TCW

Riv_Shiel and Seerow like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Omega is now the more popular then both Ahsoka, and Ezra were when first appeared.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think from the initial reaction that’s fair. I haven’t seen anyone say anything except good things about her.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  20. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Apart from the entire episode being 70 minutes of perfection in my opinion, I have to comment here that I absolutely love Omega, and yet again, THAT's how you introduce a female character in a story. She is a delight, and makes me really want to see what she's all about. I highly suspect that she will end up being another fan favorite, like Ahsoka ended up being.

After the premiere, I am so much more invested in this show. The production level is phenomenal, I felt I was watching live action sometimes.

We got to see Depa Billapa, Caleb/Kanan, Onderon, Saw Gerrera, lots and lots of Kamino, Tarkin, Palpatine, I really couldn't have asked for more.

Sector J-19 is the Saleucami system, and after a fast googling, I was reminded of this amazing fellow: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cut_Lawquane

So I think it's safe to say that this is where we're going next week.

People have been conditioned and brain washed in real life to completely alter their behavior and ethics, I am sure that with the use of technology which controls someone's nervous system it would be far easier.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I really hope we get to meet Caleb/Kanan again on this show. Getting to see him during Order 66 was a complete surprise, but a brilliant one. What a way to start the show!

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think with how they managed too get Caleb Dume, i think we might see him from time to time, next we might see him as an smuggler.

23. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I was cheering like a kid.

Also, sometimes, it takes ONE impressive Force leap to feel that same awe we all felt like kids when we watched the feats of the Jedi.

It was the most simple thing, and yet the way it was directed and presented, Caleb's leap across the gap brought chills on my spine, because of the symbolism and everything.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea from all the memes I am seeing Omega is gonna be very popular. I am super excited. Also was suprised
    rex didn’t show up

25. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Great episode and great start to a very promising series!
    Too bad they couldn’t keep the same story as it was in the comics but they are probably taking the MCU route… take something from the source material, but make it your own in the movie/series…

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.