main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.01 - Aftermath - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 3, 2021.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 18, 2021.
  1. 10

21.6%
  2. 9

34.0%
  3. 8

26.8%
  4. 7

10.3%
  5. 6

3.1%
  6. 5

2.1%
  7. 4

1.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea it’s a shame. It’s not like they didn’t reference it. The clone commander is named the same in the credits as the comics.

2. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Yep! I also paid attention to that ;)

TadoFett and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just wish they would make things consistent. They did the same thing with Ahsoka’s lightsabers and Cobb Vanth. It’s obvious they read the stories just keep it consistent. It’s not that hard.

Def Trooper, DarthRamRod and TadoFett like this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Another thing I really enjoyed in this episode was the sound design. It was always good in both TCW and Rebels, but I felt like this was on another level.
    The music was also really great.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No music really stood out to me this episode

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    i love when ever episode 3 music shows up.

7. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I have no problem with TV and movies having the final say with canon. Was this Depa scene much different in spirit?

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It's been a few years since I read the comic, but I don't think it was that different. I might be wrong though.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    In the comic she feels it and in this new scene it seems as a surprise, same with Caleb Dume.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  10. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    Well, Revenge of the Sith animated shots looked sick. Wonder if that's what Matt Lanter was teasing lately.
    Didn't like the episode that much, I just couldn't take it seriously because of Wrecker, and the fact that all of their chips were not working, except Crosshair's, feels lame. You would think Kaminoans would increase their programming right from the get go, considering they can do that, as evident by what they did to Crosshair in this episode. Would have preferred more grounded protagonists, perhaps some regular clone commando squad, but eh.
    Interesting how they want to discard the clones on the next day after the Empire was declared, and Tarkin is already planning on enlisting conscripts. Always felt like that part of the new canon is somewhat rushed, given that just one year after RotS it's already basically the Empire we know from SW77. Kaminoans subplot and what will become of them is definitely something of interest, some form of Kamino Uprising should happen, and I am looking forward to this.
    For the most part this episode gave me Rebels vibes, can't quite put my finger on it. Prologue and Onderon were nice.

JediMasterMark15, Sarge and MrDarth0 like this.
  11. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Love it. That's a fantastic opening episode. Really captured the feeling of fast changing times.

The newsreel having shots of Revenge of the Sith in it was a surprise, as was the opening using Depa and Caleb. Then, from that point on, it delivers on all counts. Great character interaction that made me feel for this group and the newcomer that is Omega. The build up to Crosshair being forced to change sides was executed well, and that's going to bring some great interaction and plot points in future episodes.

And I knew J-19 was something I recognised from first hearing it, but knowing we're heading for Saleucami in the next episode is great. Finally getting to see Cut Lawquane again will be lovely.

Def Trooper, Darkslayer and Snafu55 like this.
  12. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    I want to like this show but even after all these years, I find Dee Bradley Baker's bad New Zealand accent so difficult to listen to.

Manifesting an alternate timeline where Temuera Morrison or some other actual Kiwi was hired to do the clone voices from the start of TCW

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Pitch Meeting:

Dave Filoni: So we’re really interested in doing a Clone Wars continuation. Season 7 was such a success and we have so many ideas we’d like—

Disney Exec: Gotta stop you right there, Dave. We’re really looking to move on from that era. I mean we gave you season 7 but we’re looking for newer ideas.

Two Weeks Later

Dave Filoni: Okay so we have this idea that we’re really excited about. It’s an action-adventure series following a group of hardened mercenaries. Think the A-Team in space. We’re calling it The Bad Batch. Totally not a Clone Wars continuation.

Disney Exec: Wow, that’s exactly the kind of fresh ideas we’re looking for around here. The A-Team in space! Kids will love it, their parents will love it! I think you’ve hit another home run.

Dave Filoni: We’re excited to get to work.

Disney Exec: Perfect. Let’s do it. Oh... one thing... you know how Grogu is super popular right now. We’re gonna need you to introduce a new character just like that.

Dave Filoni: Way ahead of you. We’re calling her Omega.

Disney Exec: That’s brilliant! You’ve done it again, Dave!

:p

14. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    It never really bugged me in the past, it was just how the clones sounded to me. But now Omega's really making it stand out. I wonder if Dee might start to copy some of Michelle Ang's pronunciation.

Snafu55 likes this.
  15. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Frankly, I think DBB is the voice most associated with clones now, at least among fans likely to be watching these TV shows.

Darkslayer, TheMDOSS1313 and Snafu55 like this.
  16. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Seeing the light speed streaks in Omega’s excited eyes made me tear up abit I must say.

Force Smuggler and Huncrweo like this.
  17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Does anyone know when the new episodes will air? Weekly?

18. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

Clone voices have always been weird, they're either Temuera Morrison, a bad Kiwi accent, or just straight-up American.

Def Trooper, Snafu55 and Jolee Bindo like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    How she dies isn’t that different. The difference is the bad batch’s involvement in the scene.

20. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    That may be true but I'd argue it's because it's all we've had since the prequel films, not because it's a well-done voice. Anyway it's just my personal thoughts while watching the show and I acknowledge the majority of the audience has well and truly moved on at this point

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    DBB is a fine voice actor but he doesn’t do a New Zealand accent. Hell he barely even does an Australian. It’s not that it matters, but it’s not very close to Temuera.

22. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    I am very much enjoying seeing the transition from TCW to the Imperial Era on-screen. The time skips we get in Star Wars can make stories feel very disconnected at times.

From AotC to Mando should flow very naturally with all the projects coming out in that period. TPM and the Sequels still feel like islands to me.

Def Trooper and darklordoftech like this.
  23. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I liked it. Felt like watching a new TCW arc. It looks like its going to be a fun animated show full of action.

They could have tried to fit better with the Kanan comic though. So much for everything being an equal level of canon. They're not even trying to pretend that's the case anymore.

And I'm still waiting for a logical and convincing explanation why the Empire stopped using clones. Tarkin was on Kamino just a day or two after Order 66 discussing replacement of clones by conscripts?!

I like the mystery of who/what Omega is. I just hope the reveal won't be disappointing. And Kaminoans having their own schemes is very interesting!

Looks like the spoilers about next episode being on Saleucami and having Cut Lawquane in it were true. Wonder if the rest of those spoilers will prove true as well...

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also that intro narration had me tearing up. Get better soon Tom Kane!

25. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Am I imagining things, or did this episode hint at there having been other members of Clone Force 99 previously?

Sproj likes this.