main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.02 - Cut and Run - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 6, 2021.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 14, 2021.
  1. 10

11.8%
  2. 9

17.6%
  3. 8

32.9%
  4. 7

23.5%
  5. 6

7.1%
  6. 5

2.4%
  7. 4

3.5%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.2%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe I think his chip was definitely activated but I don’t know if he actually killed anyone

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    He deffently seemed scared when he knew Kanan was a jedi and that they wanted revnege, so maybe, i think we find out in this show.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Not to mentioned its possible he forwarded the message Captain Jaag, since he was closer to Plo and could actually execute it.
    It would also add context to his extreme paranoia in Rebels.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Seems like often forgotten clone Slick is the first real individual clone, and perhaps a kind of hero in the end since he wanted freedom and did not want to be a slave solder to the Republic and to the Jedi. He was close to being Jango. In any cause types like Slick and Cut, show basically why we get the Bad Batch, its already present in Clones, the Cloners could not fully breed it outve them or completely control them with programming. They are something of a liability, especially since the Clones were based on Jango Fett, they'd inherit many of his traits and character flaws.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would like to see Slick again. But I doubt it

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    with cut back, i can see Slick to, maybe he is in prison for his crimes.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe he gets broken out. It’s not like he was wrong after all.

8. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    On its face I doubt anyone in the Empire supporting a clone who sells his service to the highest bidder.
    But it raises the question, in theory all they need to do in order to get him back on their side is execute order 66 and he effectively becomes a mindless droid. Or maybe the cloners were able to wipe his mind after his arrest?

Under normal circumstances I'd expect him to either rot in prison or be execute for treason, but the fact that he's a clone means there could easily be other options on the table that don't involve wasting a capable soldier.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe he got sent back to kamnio, and like Crosshair got turned bad.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  10. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    There is a certain irony about one of the most individualistic clones becoming a loyal drone of the Empire. Though considering how long its been since we've seen him I have a feeling they won't go that way.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I have said before with Wolffe I like the idea he was on the ground heard Order 66 but it didn't work in him. He watches Plo get shot down and while still confused a Jedi jumps him and attacks so maybe he could be an example of a clone who really believed the Jedi betrayed the republic. It does no harm to him in Rebels. I have wondered if they are going to go this direction with Crosshair which is why the chip worked but I think they will take him somewhere more sympathetic and tragic. He was happy to keep Cut's life a secret.

We need more perspectives from clones. It would be interesting if Slick and Dogma pop up with their memories wiped in O66 mode but we would need Rex on screen with them for dramatic effects. They won't mean anything to these guys though may be Omega could relay some gore-ish details.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we might see many of clone cameos we might not have seen since season 1 of clone wars, I hope we see Thire again soon.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I will add with Fives, AZ said they were going to wipe his memories and put him on sanitary duties. That may be the example of what happens. It's interesting to think Omega could have been somewhere in the Medical wing while Fives was there.

14. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    I give both episodes a 8.5/9 of 10. Not because there's anything I've to complain about, but I never give 10 at the start. I want some points left.

I love the series so far. I never was never really interested in the BB, whether in reels or later. For me it was a "well, at least there's Echo". And now I sit there and watch it before work. I think CF99 needed real episodes without being a simple support Team.
    Omega is actually cute. What they did with her and the dirt was what I always missed from Episode 1 and it was a contuniation of Rey's 'there's so much green'.

I think I assumed ago that Bad Batch won't refer to the Team one day but to clones who defected. The empire would call them all BB. I have the feeling that in the end all who stands up against are part of the Bad Batch.

(And I really want to tell the translator on D+ to work on the descriptions again. Bad Batch sounds in German like broken batteries and exploding accus.)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

15. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave it 9/10.

I really liked seeing Cut. It was kinda a surprise but was more surprising was the fact that Cut & his family knew them and knew them well. I don't know if Cut was a member but there's a high probability. It was also cool hearing that Rex had been there.

Another reason it was good was because it was chock full of action and not just for action's sake but to show the status quo had changed. It was a good mechanism.

It was touching too. I felt for Hunter and Omega when he wanted them to part. You could tell he hated doing it and she was heartbroken. This is of course despite the fact that you could guess she'd go w/them. Overall awesome episode.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  16. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    This episode was even better than the last.

IMHO

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    How do

InterestingLurker likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  19. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I do.

It ended on a great note.

Cut didn't get caught just to appease to some sort of dark "shock value."

And Hunter didn't lose his **** or anything and accepted Omega's decision.

Great fun for the whole family.

...I'm serious; I don't want anything too dark from this show. Dark, but not depressingly so.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You get my point

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Actually, one of the appeals of this show is Hunter losing his **** on people who try to mess with Omega.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know there’s gonna be an episode where Omega gets separated and it’s gonna be sad as hell

23. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    It's like Joel and Ellie.

Except unlike The Last of Us, I actually care about this story, ahahahhahaa

:p

Fredrik Vallestrand and Seerow like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hopefully this one isn’t as sad

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, TCW always liked their movie homages. I hope they do something more like "Taken" at some point with Omega getting kidnapped.

This show is more like TCW than I realized. It's a bit like "The Mandalorian" with TCW's ability the provoke speculation and fanon of what happens off-screen. TCW because of its snapshot style story telling always left breadcrumb for what happened off-screen.

Last edited: May 9, 2021