main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.03 - Replacements - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 13, 2021.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 21, 2021.
  1. 10

9.2%
  2. 9

19.7%
  3. 8

38.2%
  4. 7

19.7%
  5. 6

7.9%
  6. 5

2.6%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1.3%
  9. 2

1.3%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Omega's special abilities are still enigmatic. Maybe she sensed thoughts of where the power thing was from Tech and someone else was thinking about Crosshair. That confused her and drew her to the case.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If she was just a quick learner that wouldn’t explain why she was able to sense what was about to happen before Crosshair even opened the doors

TadoFett likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    She can see things before they happen. It's a Jedi trait.

TadoFett likes this.
  4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    What do you guys think went on when the Ordo Dragon cornered Omega? Did she realize it was protecting its food and it wanted the flashlight? Or did she use the force, communicate telepathically? Or did she just read its mind. It definitely was not scared of Hunter.

TadoFett likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think she just put two and two together

TadoFett and Sarge like this.
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It does seem like she realized it was protecting food. But the Dragon went from 10 to 0 like nothing.

7. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Anything is possible. But I think it is more likely just something the writer had Omega do so that the Bad Batch could start talking about Crosshair and his inhibiter chip.

8. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Still bugs me a little that Omega was supposed to go live with Cut and his family and the Bad Balch just shrugged their shoulders when she ran back to them.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I mean you had to move on they were being shot at

TadoFett, LedReader, Seerow and 2 others like this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah they were in the middle of a blaster fight trying to escape. Cut's priority was his own family. When Omega was grabbed by a Clone all bets were off. All Hunter could do was rescue her and send her onto the ship. It feels like something must of happened off screen with how Hunter is off all by himself angerly pressing buttons then she approaches him to make up.

TadoFett and DarthRamRod like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Plus they address it a bit at the end. Hunter just accepts that he needs to own up

TadoFett and Seerow like this.
  12. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
    It just felt convenient

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think there was much else they could do

TadoFett likes this.
  14. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    That episode had a lot of convenient moments, like the port not getting locked down when they started a firefight, when Echo specifically stated that it will get locked down if they start a firefight. Well, maybe Echo was just wrong.

Riv_Shiel and DarthRamRod like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have to admit that one was hilarious

16. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
    They could've just not bothered with the having Cut take her angle.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The ship was damaged and took fire so maybe they did try to lock it down. Maybe Echo is just being dramatic.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Plus even after they only had a quick moment before they started to get shot at in space and Hunter had to put his whole attention on that

19. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    The entire port getting locked down means that no ship can leave it, and Echo did not want to start a firefight specifically because Cut and his family would not be able to leave the planet. But they started a firefight anyway, the port didn't get locked down, and Cut with his family safely left the planet anyway.

Riv_Shiel and DarthRamRod like this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The clones wouldn’t want to create a panic

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Clones say over comms they think some locals got past the barriers with blasters. They did not know it was organized warriors. With the clones who started coming in Wrecker was blocking and Tech was using stun. It's only when Hunter arrives the Clones call for backup and all hell breaks loose. And Hunter was smashing the Regs left and right. Any lock down probably would have happened after Cut was on his way. Also Echo's line may have been a call back to the former 501st where he came from locking down the ship in "Victory and Death". I guess maybe we could say the clones here were intellect throttled. But it seems prioritizing may be a problem with the clones now. A new order interrupted the Clone who was realizing Cut was a Clone to the point where that train derailed and the shuttle carried on.

TadoFett likes this.
  22. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    My son has been reading opinions on line that suggest the possibility that Omega may have been cloned from Palpatine's DNA; hence the hair colour and hair style.

If she does turn out to be Force Sensitive, I wonder how true these opinions could be. Given what we found out in TROS, maybe he started experimenting early with the Kaminoans with a cloned, younger version of himself to transfer to. Maybe Omega is a product of this.

All hypothetical of course.

TadoFett and DarthRamRod like this.
  23. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    9/10

My favorite episode of the BB so far.

Liked the stuff with Omega and the rest of the BB, and loved everything with Crosshair in it.

He was already my favorite member of the BB before and this episode made me like his character even more. His storyline is the most interesting for me right now.

TadoFett likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I was thinking maybe she is a strand cast built from Jango’s DNA. This would explain why the Kaminoans could clone her but not other clones

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I noticed a small error where Echo was eating a food bar when he sat down copilot. He goes as if to press buttons and it dissappears like he shoved it into the dashboard. Thought that was kind of funny since the ship gets thrown out of hyperspace shortly after.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Commander DuctTape and Riv_Shiel like this.