main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.03 - Replacements - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 13, 2021.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 21, 2021.
  1. 10

9.2%
  2. 9

19.7%
  3. 8

38.2%
  4. 7

19.7%
  5. 6

7.9%
  6. 5

2.6%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1.3%
  9. 2

1.3%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I always love finding little animation goofs

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Because it consumed the energy from the lightsaber she gave it.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It calmed down while Omega was still shining the light in its eyes. Definitely a flash light. She'd be traumatized if it were a lightsaber.

Hunter: What were you thinking going down there alone? What's that burned smell?
    Omega: I'm alright. It's not. My flashlight turned blue and burst its head. - Cries-

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Riv_Shiel, DarthRamRod and Sarge like this.
  4. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave this an 8/10.

There really isn't much to say or examine since it was a quiet episode, which is okay. I did find Crosshair's role interesting. He's gone full Empire killing civilians and it in a way shows the real genesis of the Stormtrooper's behavior. It was odd though at the end when he was sitting down alone, was he feeling guilty? Saw's inclusion is also kinda interesting but he's in some ways been underdeveloped in all the mediums he's been shown which is a shame. Rebel Rising gave us a small glimpse but not much else.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do think it’s a pretty cool concept that an animal would eat electricity

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think it's cool they crashed on a moon that wasn't breathable for a change.

7. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Star Wars...where EVERY planet is perfect for every species.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also if that moon was the moon of Ordo perhaps that means we are in Mandalorian space or I am looking to far into it

9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I mean, ESB did that, it’s not entirely new to see an environment where the characters can’t breathe

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

It's been a while since we had a less convenient moon to crash on though.

Maybe for a minute. I wonder if the BB actually know where they are going or are just wondering.

Also on the other side of the episode. Don't know how this would work since Crosshair left no survivors. Wonder if Saw will get wind he was there and think the BB were responsible so next time we run a cross him he tries to get revenge on them.

11. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    that is true, however our galaxy, the Milky Way has an estimated 100-400 billion stars, each star having its own system of planets and moons, so even if we consider all of the couple thousand of named planets and moons in the Star Wars galaxy, it’s only scratching the surface a typical galaxy, the idea that our heroes are always on an inhabitable planet or moon isn’t all that surprising

I do agree, that for variety sake, it would be fun to see more environments that are not suitable to humans or other oxygen breathing sentients, I would love to see more Gand for example, including places where they can breathe without an apparatus

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    As you said realistically there are probably thousands of planets maybe even millions that have similar air to our own. However it’s might convient that every single planet or moon or peace of rock has enough oxygen, nitrogen and whatever else makes up our air.

Seerow and DarthRamRod like this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I mean in a society that has had hyperdrive for thousands of years it’s possible that many of these planets were terraformed a long time ago to be habitable for most species in the galaxy.

14. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
    Not sure about that

hyperspace seems to be fairly new or at least at the tail end of its wild west era.the San Tekka family made their money finding hyperspace lanes a hundred years prior to High Republic books.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Fair enough. The dumbest planet that had breathable air was Mustafar. No way in hell would that planet have breathable air for humans. So at least they aren’t going to lava planets every day.

Seerow, Cynda, Bor Mullet and 2 others like this.
  16. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I like this idea a lot. It would make sense too because he would come in and see the dead eye shooting of the pilot, etc and likely put two and two together. The interesting bit though would be the flame thrower I'd imagine, that might not fit but he also might not care.

Seerow likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Ha! That was AutoCorrect's fault. I suppose I type "lightsaber" far more often than "flashlight." Nerd.

Really? Given that lots of aliens are shown with helmets and masks on while strolling around planets (beginning with Tatooine), I assumed that the air wasn't breathable for every species.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2021
  18. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    A few decades ago there was this movie where some space travellers hid in a cave inside an asteroid where they discovered these flying creatures that fed on the energy from the power cables.

Given the Force enriched history of Mustafar it's pretty easy to dismiss our rules of science there.

Count Yubnub and VexedAtVohai like this.
  19. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Yeah - pretty decent episode. I like that Crosshair did what was needed. Its time for these shows to have some edginess or darkness infused in them. Cant all be last minute "saves" and stuff like that. Was he feeling guilty afterwards? Hmmmm. I also like the sub plot of the clones vs mercenaries troops debate which carries on into the sequels a bit with Hux and Kylo. The Kaminoans have to assess their financial future here too which is cool. I always loved the Kamino scenes in AOTC so seeing them more involved in TBB is a huge plus for me. :).

Garrera doesnt really get any development at all. Hes introduced to us in Rogue One(love that movie)they just threw him out there and quickly disposed of him. I hope he gets built up more in TBB.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  20. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    Another thing I loved in this episode is once again tying the prequel trilogy all the way through the sequel Trilogy with how the Empire while always will be the bad guys, could be seen as people that provided food for the table because of the little bit of dialogue the new Stormtrooper said, something like "I get three meals a day which is far more than I ever got under the Republic." It kind of ties into what Mayfield said in the Mandalorian too.

Seerow likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It's actually believed the most common rocky worlds out there in the universe are the Mustafars and the Hoths. But the most common stars are Red Dwarfs and I struggle to remember the last time I saw one a Star Wars movie or show.

The Bad Batch's shuttle really is ridiculously small. I think the Jedi Shuttle Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-wan were using in the Mortis arc looks more spacious. It's probably like living in a minivan. I laugh at how Omega looks like a parallel of a kid on the quintessential modern road trip all lounging on the Gonk Droid, tablet in hand watching cartoons on the Space Disney+ app Uncle Tech hacked for her. I've been trying to work out the layout. The ship seems to be a cockpit, emergency seating area, two computer consoles, empty storage where Omega is lounging. Then it's the tail gun area. Tech mentioned he didn't want Wrecker putting explosives next to the racks because he doesn't want to sleep next to them but I haven't spotted those yet. I guess they are accessed from the tail gun turret. In the shuttle I mentioned before they are behind the cockpit.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  22. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
    And those rocky planets nearby all have orbits of like 9 days that would have rapid and extreme weather changes

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Many Star Wars planets don’t make much sense to be honest

Sarge and DarthRamRod like this.
  24. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018

It's why I chuckle when people have complained about the bombs in TLJ,etc . The franchise had never been anywhere near scientifically accurate, so why would that change now? It's one thing to laugh about the stuff like we're doing but to get mad is just dumb.

Sproj and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  25. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    There also appears to be an upper compartment, used when the ship was impounded on Saleucami.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Seerow likes this.