main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.06 - Decommissioned - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 3, 2021.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 11, 2021.
  1. 10

4.5%
  2. 9

23.9%
  3. 8

25.4%
  4. 7

23.9%
  5. 6

13.4%
  6. 5

6.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.5%
  10. 1

1.5%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.06!!
    Decommissioned

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The Bad Batch episodes air on Friday on Disney+ at 12am PST/PDT. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I’m pretty sure this one is titled “Band of Brothers”. :p

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Now for the most important question, we ask about each week's episode. Is this the one Rex will be in? LOL

DarthKreVass, Cynda and Grey Matter like this.
  4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    No, it's Return of the Band of Brothers

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The Band of Brothers Strikes Back

padawon goulden likes this.
  6. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    According to a post on Star Wars Leaks, the title for the sixth episode is
    "Convergence"

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It's also 29 minutes and more enemies hunting them.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Should've gone with Band of Brothers

9. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    well now we know that is BS

24 minutes, called "decommissioned" and it's a teamup with Trace and Rafa. We shoud've figured they'd show up. Nobody is being hunted this episode.

and nice cliffhanger.

we know its not Ahsoka because its a "him" I wonder who

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  10. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    - Well the thread gets the title wrong again.

- The biggest tease episode yet. Not much in the way of plot or character development for the main crew but man, the chatter is going to be wild this week.

- Ahsoka signals everywhere this week. The two most unlikeliest Clone Wars cameos ever, who have prior associations only with Ahsoka, traveling with her former astromech and speaking of contacts (plural) who are trying to help people and fight the Empire.

- The shadowy holo figure at the end? They've already revealed Rex in the trailer so this would be a pointless obfuscation. And the mysterious sounding score (with shades of the Illum/Youngling theme from the Gathering arc) doesn't fit him at all.

- It looks like all the speculation about Wrecker's noggin and the chip are panning out. No payoff yet but this is going to be big.

- Interesting how each Bad Batcher is getting his turn at being Omega's friend. This week it's Echos turn as the sharpshooting tutor.

- Rafa keeps getting an education that not everyone is defined by their station. A year ago, it was "Isn't that what you Jedi do?". Now, "Is that what you clones do?"

11. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    On second thought

maybe it could he Ahsoka under her Fulcrum persona. That way Trace and Rafa would not be able to distinguish.

TadoFett likes this.
  12. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I got Bail Organa vibes before I realized the character's identity was being hidden. Now I wonder if they are pursuing as noble a cause as they originally claimed. It seemed like their location being compromised to this mystery contact could be big trouble for them.

Snafu55 and TadoFett like this.
  13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I mean, Ahsoka's voice as Fulcrum was distorted in Rebels but it's possible that they will do the same with this mysterious person. Trace and Rafa probably wouldn't know if it really is Ahsoka and she wants to keep things quiet.

But, if it really is a male contacting them then I'm going to assume it's Bail? Maybe.

14. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    If Ahsoka and Rex are still together, it's also possible that Rafa was expecting to talk to Rex but he was in the shower and Ahsoka is the one that took the call.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This episode was great!
    After the somewhat weaker (but still good) episode last week, this episode was definitely back to form.

I like that they're staying on Ord Mantell. Great new-but-still-classic planet to have as base of operations for the time being. And it seems Cid will be a regular, which means more Rhea Perlman, which is always a good thing.

Great to see Corellia again. That planet is another one that's important in-universe but we haven't seen that much of so far. Though I'm happy that they resisted the temptation to show us a nine year old Han, which I actually kind of expected when they got there.

Didn't expect to see Rafa and Trace there though, so that was a fun surprise. They're clearly working for someone we know. My first thought was Saw, but considering that we've already seen him on the show, hiding his identity would be pointless. Bail? Rex is a possibility, and Rafa's final line could be setting that up. But at the same time, she seemed wary of the Bad Batch because they were clones.
    Did they say that their contact was a "he"? If not, Ahsoka is a good bet, considering her role in the early rebellion, as well as her relationship to the Martez sisters. Though that would just be the Rebels season 1 twist all over again.

Wrecker saying "good soldiers..." was not unexpected, but still chilling.
    All-in-all, easily one of my favorite episodes so far.

16. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    The Echo joke was great [face_laugh]

17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Great episode!
    The echo gag is a top-10 funniest Star Wars moment.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    So to discuss this episode and in spite of the fact it's more setup and awesome action. I mean the scene where Hunter gets up on the platform and rescues Rafa, fights with her is gorgeous. This is the most cerebral episode since the last time we saw Crosshair. Who would have thought the Martez sisters of all things would bring in some needed complexity and character growth? Well. I maintain the Walkabout arc is underrated and at least as far as Rafa is concerned there is more to her character than meets the eye. Rafa is a good person forced to do bad things and last we saw these two. Keeping that in mind, they are every bit naive as the Bad Batch are. They really didn't do much better here and just like how Ashoka saved their asses multiple times. The Bad Batch being very competent in firefights and escaping end up saving their asses multiple times. The sister and the Batchers were great foils for each other.

What makes this so interesting is the Martez sisters still see things pretty black and white. If it weren't for R7 it would be very difficult to take Rafa's claim this info from the tactical droid's data is going into better hands and they are working against the empire. I don't think Rafa has really changed beyond doing stuff just for a buck. Preach, preach, preach. I yelled at my screen for her to shutup when she and Trace were grilling Hunter.

I have to say the most disappointing thing about this episode was Martez sisters have not grown out of their snotty arrogance. Rafa still puts her fingers in her ears and only wants to hear her own opinion. It, not aggravating they haven't stopped just stumbling through the crap. Just stuff like Trace nearly leaving Omega to die. Seriously? All that time with Ahsoka and that's what you took away from that? You're supposed to be the kinder-hearted one! The sisters didn't learn any kind of humility or gratitude from the experience. Hunter should have let the droids shoot them. The sisters did his own stability no favors.

I feel really sorry for Hunter here. Hunter is confused, naive, fed-up, and even disillusioned by the end of the episode. He's had enough to just give the Martez sister's the data. He knows Cid is not trustworthy but he doesn't know these two. It's pretty much a given from the viewers perspective intel will make it into either Ahsoka's hands taking the 90s Disney approach to disguises or Bail. It might be Rex having gotten recommendations for who to hire or maybe Ahsoka told him a story about the sisters offscreen somewhere in between events in SOM. But, I don't think Rex needs a tactical droid to know how to deal with the Clone Army. I'm surprised they destroyed the head if that's the case since it could have ended up being the one in Rebels in "The Lost Commanders".

I think Echo's role is going to step up in the near future. It was fun seeing him teaching Omega to use the bow, surprisingly patient and positive with her. It was his advice rather than Cid calling her noodle arms that helped her start getting shots in at the end of the episode. I think this is important because Echo may end up having to stand in for both Best Dad and Uncle Wrecker. Also that, "Is there an Echo in here?" followed by something like "I'm Echo." was hilarious.

Let's get back to Hunter. Hunter stole this episode in both the action sequence and with how his character was handled in this episode. Rambo is showing a ton of depth. Hunter is a straight-up hero. Instead of fighting over the Tactical Droid head. He just decided to save everyone including his opponents who were in over their heads and make sure no one died. But unfortunately, I think Hunter is a broken hero at this point. He sounds just like Rex in "The Bad Batch" TCW arc at the end of the episode. When Trace asked him, "Isn't that what clones do now?" Hunter looks heartachingly depressed. He gave Rafa and Trace the data rod like he is struggling to care. Hunter sounds like it won't take much to either Blue Screen him or just flat out push him into the Despair Event Horizon. That hurricane is coming. Oh boy, when Wrecker started chanting "Good soldiers..." after that last hit to the head I got goosebumps. At least, Wrecker got his chance to rampage some droids at the end.

Hunter knows they've screwed up too. I bet the fallout from this is Tarkin is going to find out CF99 raided that facility. The Empire really will decide to come after them. Trace's hilarious inept attempt to hack the tactical droid prompting Tech to relish the chance to show her how it's done caused him to reuse the same tactic Tarkin saw when he tested the group on Kamino. Tech is all genius, no sense whatsoever.

Omega was well used here by incorporating her as the lookout. Putting her up against Trace made it super easy to root for her. I mean that's somebody I knew a child should outsmart.

In the end who ever hired Rafa and Trace will probably hire CF99 so they are working for someone good. Probably Ahsoka. Rex may be working with her somehow to bridge the knowledge of who they are. Rex or Tarkin, CF99 is unmistakable. Echo.. Practically Rex's son even introduced himself to Trace.

Great episode. I would say the best since "Cut and Run".

19. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Such a lovely episode. The tech going into this animation is sooo good.

The lighting when Trace is rescuing Omega from the pit, almost live action in looks with how the lava lit everything up.

Every time Wrecker's chip starts acting up, I feel for him. They're building this up way too much for it not to have a spectacular pay-off sometime in the future. If that ends up falling flat... Well, we'll just see when the show arrives at it.

Omega really feels like she's falling into line as one of the squad. She's trying her best, seems to be attentive to orders and objectives, with a sense of brashness in getting results through creative means. Much like the others.

We have to be getting to Rex soon, right? That's the only part of the trailer we haven't seen anything of, far as I recall.

Count Yubnub and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  20. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    That was a great episode, finally moving the story forward.

Did those droids stop firing when Wrecker said good soldiers follow orders?

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Great episode!

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Martez sisters appear! They’re a fun duo. I’d love to see more of them in the show. I think a comic series of their adventures would be incredibly fun to read.

As for who they’re working for, my gut instinct is Mon Mothma. She’d just be starting the Rebellion so would need intel like that.

Count Yubnub, Sproj and TadoFett like this.
  22. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    What if they’re working for Dryden Vos or even Maul?

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, that's another possibility.

Erkan12 and TadoFett like this.
  24. Commander DuctTape

Commander DuctTape Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 4, 2021
    I think they stopped shooting at Wrecker cause he clearly stopped moving, and they assumed that he was incapacitated.

As for the episode; good stuff! Lots of unexpected surprises between the sisters and R7, and I never would have figured Echo to be the one making dad jokes! Though he still seems to have some memory problems, as this was not at all the first time battle droids helped him.

Sproj likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That was a great episode!
    Seeing Corellia and the Martel sisters again was totally unexpected. I also expected young Han to show up somewhere the minute they said Corellia. I’m glad they didn’t go there. I’m guessing it was Rex that they contacted. Did Leia, Princess of Alderaan specify when Bail and Mon Mothma started organizing the Rebellion? I feel like it might be a little too early for them but I’m not sure.

Wrecker turning is going to be gut wrenching. I just know it! :(