main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.06 - Decommissioned - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 3, 2021.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 11, 2021.
  1. 10

4.5%
  2. 9

23.9%
  3. 8

25.4%
  4. 7

23.9%
  5. 6

13.4%
  6. 5

6.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.5%
  10. 1

1.5%
  1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I like that Omega was struggling with the bow. It seems she's not automatically good at everything, as we'd expect from a Force sensitive clone or the newest cutting edge experimental soldier clone, or whatever else we're speculating about her.

Combat tactics are painfully bad. Apparently they consider it a good tactical plan to run right in front of hostiles at point blank range and expect them to miss cuz plot armor. I don't expect much from SW tactics, but that's blatantly stupidly awful. These guys are supposed to be elite highly experienced soldiers and they don't think to take available cover? Come on.

I wish they had someone else to voice the batch. IMO, he's the weak point of the voice cast, and he gets most of the lines.

TheYodaPagoda and DarthRamRod like this.
  2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Here we go. This is concept art from Episode 2. But look at the 'Sourced from' section at the bottom. It's a retexture of R7-A7's model from Season 7.
    [​IMG]

The sister's R7 was in this paint scheme at the end of this episode, but an earlier scene had it in R7-A7's paint scheme. So I think they accidentally used the wrong asset somewhere. But which one? lmao
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  3. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Echo teaching Omega was the most enjoyable scene for me. The teetering moments with Wrecker were nicely ominous, especially for a development that's not at all surprising. I get the sense that the Batch are being boxed in at this point -- basically coerced into working for Cid, going to retrieve a tactical droid that someone else is after, and that someone else now knowing that the Batch are hanging out on Ord Mantell, all while Fennec is still pursuing Omega.

Ultimately, though, I think this episode was more interesting than enjoyable, another narrative stepping stone. We don't know the payoff for Wrecker's chip, Cid's buyer (granted that may not be a significant point), Trace and Rafa's contact, and Fennec's employer (who maybe could've been revealed here since the Batch are still with Cid).

And while I don't share the 'small universe' criticism, there's been at least one pre-established character in every episode thus far. It makes me wonder about the level of confidence in the main characters carrying an episode. For this one, I think the action definitely could've been shortened, and thus more not-mission-oriented interaction included. 5/10

As an aside, I'm not sure the R7 here is the same one from TCW. IIRC, he took a shot for Ahsoka and went down with the ship.

4. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    No, it must be the same R7, Rex and Ahsoka recovered him after the crash. But they accidentally used the wrong model in this episode.
    [​IMG]

5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Right model, wrong texture in the final scene, but correct texture in a previous scene. If he's intended to be that R7.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Wow! This episode was incredibly beautiful. Some of the best imagery that I can recall seeing.
    Good character development for Omega struggling with the bow, but she must have been working on a lot of arm exercises in the between time.
    Interesting to see Trace and Rafa back. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion they are working for Ahsoka and/or Rex.
    Very intrigued to see what's coming up for the next episode!

7. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Another interesting thought is that person (eg. Rex / Lux) in the hologram could be sent by an Ahsoka or part of an underground Jedi refugee ring or something. Possibly the Jedi group planning to take down Vader (or similar) in the comics even.

8. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Felt a bit silly for the Bad Batch to give the data they were tasked with retrieving to random strangers they don't even know just because they said that it might be a bad idea to give the data to random strangers they don't even know

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Good episode that got the plot moving in a new way

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It would be nice if next episode someone calls Hunter out for his decision to hand over the data rod. Maybe Echo is capable of going, "What the hell?" but I don't think any of them will. It's possible it'll be a non-issue. Tech normally has dual-wielded pistols and holsters at his hips just like Rex. In this episode Tech actually had two data rods on him taking their place. One was on his belt taking the spot of his right pistol, I think that's the one he pulled out. He had another in front of the big pouch that takes the place of his other pistol holster this episode. Who knows what extra gear is in that pouch. They almost make it look like Tech is wearing lightsabers. He might have made a copy.

I don't know this comic but, that's actually a cool idea in the worse possible way. Imagine getting Wrecker around a few young Jedi refugees who do not have their traditional Jedi armament. The hell and carnage that could break loose when that chip activates and our lovable Uncle Wrecker goes beserk trying to smash them.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  11. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Thanks for the images of R7. Nice to see Ahsoka’s droid back in action - if it’s Ahsoka’s droid.

Since we’re speculating - I’ll throw another possibility out there. There are two different R7 droids on the Martez Sister’s ship. Ahsoka’s R7 and a separate droid used for clandestine rebellion communications.

Could be done on purpose the way it was to fix a continuity error with a future episode and this was the most simple way of correcting it

Another option is R7 quickly was repainted similar to chopper going under cover.

12. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I liked it! The animation looked beautiful, the Echo joke was spot on, and I just loved the way the police droids sounded. It was so sand crawler droid like, I cheered every time they said something!!

13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Even better, they should have kept them in the storytelling even if people didn't like the Martez sisters. They're not my favorites, but if the storytelling is good, which it is, then I welcome them.

I am surprised to see that people liked this episode more than 4 and 5. For me episodes 4 and 5 so far have been by far the two best episodes of the season.

14. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    I thought it was a very avg episode. I did not like the sisters at all and it has been far too long since we saw crosshair. I gave it a 6/10

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    One of my favorite episodes so far. Gave it a 9.

I still can't believe how good this show is. I really wasn't expecting much going into it, but I already think it's up there with TCW and Rebels.

16. Commander DuctTape

Commander DuctTape Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 4, 2021
    Gonna go with an 8 on my end. This episode had a lot more "meat" to it, between the tease at the end, the cameos of the Martez sisters, and Wrecker's chip going off. I also liked seeing Corellia, as this is yet another SWTOR planet to check off on the list :p

I am a bit worried though for next week. Cid's understandably going to be frustrated that the BB just gave away the item they were hired to retrieve, and with Wrecker being so close to the breaking point... there might very well be some fallout in EP7. I don't think we'll see Rex though until the mid-season, episode 8, though they might use that milestone for some Crosshair/Imperial scenes instead.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's been consistently solid action sci-fi. Each episode has had a great use of setpieces- even when we see them in metropolitan areas there's something different going on each time. And this episode the smelting center provided some greatly unique challenges and allowed for lots of fun action.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It's a great action show, a great Star Wars show, a fantastic western action cartoon show.

My favorite scenes of this episode are a tie. The first is when Trace runs into that control room and initially encounters Tech and Echo. When Tech asks, "Who are you?" Tech's eyes through his coke bottles when he looks angry make me laugh.

Also like the scene when Omega quotes back, "You have to drown out distractions." when she is fighting with the bow side by side with Echo near the end of the escape. That's a beautiful scene. I said in the other thread Hunter is Best dad, Wrecker is the shadow, but Echo is becoming Omega's mentor. He's the one who praises her "Good job" when she briefly has the head. That doesn't bode well for Hunter either. It's an old cliche the mentor takes over when something happens to the parent. In the previous episode, Echo was the second name she called when she was trying to reach the rest.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  19. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Good episode. I really liked the idea of tactical droids being a valuable item during this time period because the information they have about fighting clones. It makes perfect sense, but I wouldn't have immediately thought of it.

That has to be Ahsoka at the end, right? We know that she knows Trace and Rafa and that looked like her droid R7-A7 at the end. It would also make sense that Ahsoka specifically would be interested in clone defectors because it might be someone she knew during the war.

EDIT: I didn't realize the Martez sisters called their contact "him", so I don't think it's Ahsoka. It's possible she doesn't trust the Martez sisters enough to reveal her identity and is using Fulcrum, but I think "he" really is a he.

Based on the secrecy, it has to be someone we'd be excited about. And they probably have a personal connection to the clones. That rules out Bail Organa and Mon Mothma on both counts imo. We've already seen Saw. I don't think it will be a villain, like Maul. It could be Obi-Wan. I don't get the sense he'd be getting into action this quickly though. He's soul searching on Tatooine and watching over Luke. The safest bet is Rex. If that is the case, I kind of wish they hadn't shown him in the trailer, but I think I'm going to go with him as my prediction.

TheChosenAlpha and Count Yubnub like this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I think all signs lead it to being Bail. We're talking days or at most a few weeks after Order 66, right? It's not like Ahsoka will be jumping at the chance to join a fledgling rebellion with her hands waving in the air saying, "Jedi here ready to help!!!!" right away.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    sorry late, i give it an 8, i was very enjoyable with solo tie in and martez sisters back seeing droid factory again.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I love that when Cid attempts to explain what the tactical droid is Tech tries to interrupt her to explain it himself. Like he can’t stand someone else explaining the technical details to the Batch. [face_laugh]

23. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave this an 8/10.

To be honest I was tad bored at first. I was thinking another filler type episode where nothing happens until Rafa showed up w/Trace. I like another in universe callback. I also liked the scenes w/Wrecker, it seems his chip is kicking in and he's fighting it. I also liked that Hunter gave the intel to Rafa for the rebellion. I do wonder what'll happen now. So also I'm going to assume they're talking to Ahsoka at the end. What'd you say?

24. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I just don't think Bail is beloved enough to generate the kind of hype you would expect out of a big reveal. I mean he's a cool character, but he's no Ahsoka or Rex.

25. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I rated this episode 7/10...it's advancing our plot, returning us to familiar environments (Corellia) and not easily revealing the mysteries from previous episodes. This is a lot of fun, and I'm thankful we've got it for another couple months.