main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.08 - Reunion - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 17, 2021.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 25, 2021.
  1. 10

30.3%
  2. 9

36.4%
  3. 8

16.7%
  4. 7

9.1%
  5. 6

3.0%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

1.5%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.5%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I'm tempted to shave half a point off for them downscaling Bane's hat, but I'll let it go. 10/10

2. SW77

SW77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2021
    Lotta peeps said crosshair looked like dengars brother with all the bandages on his head.
    Its true he did. [face_laugh]
    & imdb has this as its highest rated ep.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    darthfettus2015 and TadoFett like this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Crosshair looked like Pre Vizsla immediately after being burned.

Sproj and TadoFett like this.
  4. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Agreed. I was wondering if he's going to come out all Crossbones like from Captain America, just go on a murderous spree now full of hate and revenge.

Seerow likes this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I hope so. I hope he gets hold of Omega and pushes Hunter or maybe Wrecker to make the most difficult decision and kill or fatally wound him where he stands. That should have a similar effect on the heroes as Rex forced to kill Cody. It should ruin these guys and break the team for a while. I think that would be a darker and more emotional season-ending than an everyone dies ending as the end of the first season.

Sproj and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I see no happy outcomes for both Cross hair and Cody later down the line. Crosshair becomes more machine then man. I think Rex will forced to kill his brother in arms. And Cody might kill one of the bad batch after Crosshair is killed off. I think Hunter's fake death in this episode is only a forshadowing of his real death later. I think the only ones who might escape this show is Wrecker and Tech. Hunter, Crosshair and Echo.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Surely Cad Bane purposely didn’t kill Hunter. Was this Bane’s choice or a condition of the job? The Kaminoans may want their prototype advanced clones alive and are paying substantially more for their continued survival. Another option is Bane can more easily capture Omega if Hunter is alive.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Cad Bane was probaly told not to kill as they don't want them dead.

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm feeling disappointed but not surprised at the lack of originality. The heroes have to run through a dangerous maze while battling the bad guys, the antagonist and his showdown with the protagonist are ripped off from a hundred classic westerns, the child gets kidnapped, the villain is burned and needs to wear a mask now. I've seen all this before.

dinnertime and DarthRamRod like this.
  10. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    The past 2 episodes have definitely been an ode to video games.

You're absolutely right about this series not having any original thoughts and i feel that sometimes it seems like they come up with moments and then spitball a story around the moments,which leads to a lot of convenient things happening.

Sarge likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I just think, FIloni likes go the mandalorian route as it been shown to be succesfull. the arly seasons off Clone wars and rebels struggled. But this seems like good first season.

Snafu55 likes this.
  12. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    These first 8 episodes feels like the pieces are still being set up for the larger story.

Maybe this was covered in books, comics, or videos games I’m not familiar with. For me this time period immediately after the Clone Wars when the military is transforming from the Order 66 Army of the Republic into the Empire of the Original Trilogy is an unexplored era. And the developing conflict between Imperial Military leaders and the Cloners of Kamino is a wholly original concept.

For all the situations we are seeing repeated - I’m hopefully the story is leading back to the central conflict which is when Bad Batch clearly comes into it’s own.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think season 1 finale will start with the kamnio uprising and we get our plot for season 2.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Come on... it's like poetry! It rhymes!

15. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014

Whoa. I hadn’t thought of that. You mean ‘up rising’ as in Clones vs. Stormtroopers? Or Kaminioans vs. Imperials?

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah to me this seems likley where they are headed to season 1 finale and it be big cliffhanger.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Here's a fun idea for a twist:
    What if the first legitimate semblance of any sort of organized rebellion against the Empire starts with the very Clones created to cause the downfall of the Jedi and Republic?

Kamino has the resources and personal stakes to send an actual army to take a punch at the Empire. It would just be that much madder of a coup if it's the same army that was commissioned by Sidious to put him in power in the first place.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah what i was thinking they made them so just do order 69. and is serious threath big enough for Darh Vader, his inqusitors and Palpatine himself to be involved.

19. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Good to see Cad Bane back! I´m really happy for his fans, because he was treated with a level of reverence and mystique that I often miss in other antagonists. However, I´m sad to admit that when I see Bane, and even if I know his attire is originated by a concept art of ANH, I cannot get out of my head that somehow Ellorrs Madak got to see a spaghetti western and liked it so much that started cosplaying it, haha. It feels so weird to me, because its such an earthly outfit, such a direct reference to a time period of one specific country... it´s like seeing a quarren wearing a kilt while speaking with a Scottish accent (or twi`leks speaking with a French accent, for that matter... [face_thinking]). Still, I understand why he is such a well liked character: with him, we get a capable antagonist that get things done, and that clearly outskilled our main character.

That being said, I´m still intrigued by Crosshair´s story arc. I don't find it likely, but I would love for them to take an alternative route: let's say that, because of his burns and damage to his eyes, Crosshair is now worthless as a soldier. No sniping skills, no lightning fast reactions... only a consultant kept around because of his knowledge of the Bad Batch´s modus operandi. Very unlikely to happen, but I would love for the writers to take a direction like that and show us how he evolves as a character when his fighting skills are out of the picture...

whostheBossk, Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  20. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Well, that was easily one of the best episodes so far, if not the best.

Cad kriffin' Bane is back, baby! I loved the standoff and I love that he beat Hunter. Him taking Omega immediately raises the stakes and I predict the remainder of the season will be plot-heavy. It was also nice having a character reveal that genuinely surprised me. When Nala Se and Lama Su were talking about hiring another bounty hunter (so that means they hired Fennec?), my mind immediately went to Boba. When I heard Cad Bane's voice, it took me a second to realize who it was.

Crosshair was cold blooded in this episode - telling his troopers to target Omega and trapping the Bad Batch in an engine, hoping to roast them alive or snipe them if they escape. It makes me wonder how much of his behaviour is the chip and how much is just his personality. I wonder just how much damage he took from the engine going off. Will he heal and be back to normal or will his face be scarred now? He had a lot of bandages...

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Good to see Cad Bane back.

I don’t see any good outcome for Crosshair, not as ruthless as he has become. That’s not the chip, not even a super-enhanced one.

I didn’t think about Rex being forced to kill Cody but yeah, I can see it.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Perhaps killing Cody is what causes him to quit and go into exile for a decade or so.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Cody after fives was probaly his closest borther in the army as Anakin and Obi wan worked closely together during the war. I can see the series finale a battle between them. Cody kills someone and Rex forced to kill off Cody and after what he done he dissappears and goes to hiding with both Gregor and Wolffe.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Homage and Symmetry both big parts of star wars that George Lucas wrote in to this story line a long time ago...
    @A Chorus of Disapproval that is a really good idea for who starts the rebel Alliance!

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It makes me hope that when the Batchers go to Kamino they debo AZ for easier chip removals on Regs, such as Cody. Since the Bad Batch seems friendly with Cody they could also have stakes in an encounter or even a rescue attempt on Cody. It would be really grim if these missions were conducted just to try to recruit great soldiers into this early rebellion. Except for some Clones much like Crosshair seems to be are just fine working for the Empire. Cody could be another of these. Bonus points: Cody talks smack about Obi-wan and "Killing" him who was also a good friend to Rex. Could get Wolffe out of this. If Rex starts having issues with the super early rebellion's leadership that would compound issues.

Fives and Echo were more like Sons to Rex. So Cody is pretty much Rex's closest brother. Being forced to kill Cody would be one of the few things that could probably screw Rex up worse than "Victory and Death". The only other thing that could give that a run for its money is Rex learning who Vader is.

Sproj likes this.