main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.08 - Reunion - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 17, 2021.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 25, 2021.
  1. 10

30.3%
  2. 9

36.4%
  3. 8

16.7%
  4. 7

9.1%
  5. 6

3.0%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

1.5%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.5%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    oh yeah i know, i only wondered if how bad the fall wonded her if not killed her, or just give her few new scars.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "I can't swim!" [face_laugh]

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  3. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Hopefully not. We've already got Valance and Fennec as cyborgs.

Aurra Sing is overhyped anyways.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Somehow...Aurra Sing survived.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well she will come back somehow.

6. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Aurra Sing is the B'ommarr Monk in ROTJ... :)

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe we'll still see Aurra Sing in this. Not a ton more characters for a surprise. Hondo would not be surprising to see. So, who is left to pop up?

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    There's currently a "War of the Bounty Hunters" super arc going on in the canon comics, I think they're going to be doing the same thing for Omega. The Kaminoans have deep pockets. All sorts of Bounty Hunters must have come out of the woodwork seeking their bounty.
    The Bad Batch can't go after Omega just yet with Crosshair's goons on their tails and Hunter out of commission. Cid might be sending goons after them as well.
    I think ALL of the TCW Bounty Hunters will be showing their faces, and some of them might not make it out of it alive. Heck, they did model Dryden Vos for TCW S7. Maybe he'll send Beckett after Omega and that's how the encounter with Aurra happens.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wouldn't mind the next episode starting from Omega's point of view and another bounty hunter crashes Cad Bane's party for some extra craziness or getting an A and B plot bouncing between her and the rest of CF99.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Technically speaking, that's one way to explain his absence during the OT era with Joba; unless it's explained in some Legends/EU story that he's already been installed as the leader of some off-world planet.

12. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Yea, that sounds like a cool idea. There's so many opportunities and honestly this era in all forms to explore.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I like this idea. The Kaminoans do have deep pockets. I get the feeling to keep Omega a secret from the Empire they only hired a select few bounty hunters to find her so far. Probably just Boba Fett and Cad Bane.

They hired Boba Fett first because the Kaminoans trust him the most. It’s through Boba that Fennec found Bad Batch. When the Kaminoans got nervous the Empire was going to catch the Bad Batch they hired Cad Bane for a large enough sum to ensue he loyally delivers Omega.

Where a bounty Hunter war could start is if word gets out about what makes Omega unique and the value of that technology. Then you could have the Empire, gangsters, bounty hunters, and rival cloning companies all looking for her.

Seerow likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmm... Maybe Omega's ability is something crazier than I imagined. Like she seems to have some force sensitivity but other times it seems no more sophisticated than Hunter's heightened senses. His abilities are more obvious than they were in TCW's Bad Batch but it's still not entirely clear if he has a combo of Spider-sense, better vision, and sense of smell or what. Sometimes Hunter seems to read people's minds or emotions.

Don't know I like the idea but what if Omega is an experiment in prolonging life? As opposed to accelerating it, maybe so the Empire can get more use out of the clones instead of them aging out or commissioned for that purpose. I can see who would commission that. Like a human fountain of youth, a key to biological immortality, or has something like Eri's very dangerous but useful Rewind quirk from Boku no Hero Academia (because I can't think of another example of this in media off the top of my head). It was interesting when she told Echo she doesn't like being hooked up to machines either so I wonder if the Kaminoans extract or donate something from her when she is hooked up to said machines. Something like that would make the galaxy at large go nuts and there would be no limit to what Kaminoans could charge for a sort of fountain of youth.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  15. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Falling does have pretty poor track record in Star Wars. Maul, Boba, Sheev.

She’s probably alive. Falling kills nothing in this setting.

16. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That’s interesting and would change the galaxy.

I get the feeling whatever Omega’s special ability is, it’s still military related. It’s something that would make clones undisputedly superior to enlisted soldiers. Otherwise the Kaminoians wouldn’t be so concerned about losing their military contract.

Ironically this could be so huge an advancement it’s a threat to the Emperor and results in the Empire seizing the cloning facilities and eliminating the Kaminoians.

17. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I dunno. I think they need Omega for fresh cells to continue the cloning process because Jango's cells were too degraded. I don't think she'll end up having any special powers, or anything like that.

I could be wrong, and it'd be cool if she was force sensitive, or whatever. I just don't think she is, right now.

18. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    9/10

- Great to see Cad Bane back, though I still hope Boba is the one to finally take him out. Maybe when he's bit older... But Bane did have a patch on his head covering, so maybe Boba did have that duel with him and shot him in the head, but Bane survived.
    - Also great to see Crosshair back. Wish we would see him more often in the show and also see more of what's going on on Kamino with the Empire slowly taking over.
    - Some beautiful visuals in this episode and just overall, this show is joy to look at.

whostheBossk likes this.