main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.09 - Bounty Lost - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 24, 2021.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jul 2, 2021.
  1. 10

24.6%
  2. 9

38.6%
  3. 8

22.8%
  4. 7

8.8%
  5. 6

1.8%
  6. 5

1.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1.8%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    To add to my mini-rant above; a fourth possibility is that Omega is transgender, which would be very exciting but I doubt Disney will go there.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It wouldn't be a show-stopper to know Omega survives I guess. TCW still managed to twist the knife in deep with things we knew were going to happen. This show could pull that off again. And there is still CF99. They manage to get me concerned half the time when one of them goes down like Best Dad almost getting drop by Bane in the last episode. That's probably because of all the trama TCW put me through over 7 seasons by repeatedly dropping bridges on the TCW original clone characters.

3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Pretty solid episode. I've watched it three times now. I loved the derelict Kaminoan station environment set on what appears to be a gas giant. It's such a wonderful contrast to the clean, sterile Tipoca City, with all its gleam and polish that belies just what a horrid enterprise they have going on. Getting to see more of the Kaminoans was one of the main draws of the series for me and they continue to deliver. I'm relieved Omega wasn't revealed to be Force-sensitive, that would've been far too much of a Mando retread. Seeing Bane in action again was awesome though it feels like he's losing his touch. Guy sounds tired as hell too. You can feel the pain in his voice when his credits plummet into the abyss. Meanwhile, Nala Se continues to fascinate. Her character went from "wow, she's one of the few good Kaminoans" during the Malevolence arc to "okay yeah, nevermind" during the Order 66 arc, now she's kind of in a middle ground, showing a maternal side to Omega while being utterly ruthless in her goal of keeping her safe even if that means getting her own kind killed. I don't expect her to last much longer in this show.

I think I'll give it a 9. There's a few things keeping it from being a 10 for me:
    - Boba destroyed a Venator and got sent to a high-security Republic prison. Why is he not in the same criminal database as Cad Bane? Seems like they're taking liberties to get him out of the picture so the story can focus on Omega.
    - Lama Su wants Omega killed once her DNA is harvested. Huh? The reason Jango was kept around on Kamino was so they could collect fresh DNA samples. This became a huge problem for them after he died as they had to "stretch his DNA", which is something that was brought up again in this show, so it feels like they're just trying to up the stakes without it being consistent with what they've previously established. For Omega's DNA to be a viable project for them long-term, they should want her alive.
    - But what bothered me most is that Omega doesn't act like someone who, as far as she knows, just saw her father figure murdered. She hears his voice over the com and doesn't even give an "oh Hunter you're okay!" They didn't need to dwell too much on it, because obviously everyone had bigger fish to fry at that moment, but some brief acknowledgement would've been nice.

From the way these issues piled up like this in one episode I get the feeling that the writers of this show lack attention to detail sometimes. Bit of a shame, but otherwise I'm enjoying the ride.

4. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I love how splintered everything is during this time period. Saw Gerrera is leading an early resistance against the Empire. Tarkin and Rampart are competing with each other over the matter of clones vs. recruits. Kamino is at odds with Empire. Nala Se is going behind Lama Su's back.

Not only does it make for good drama, it's indicative of a galaxy where the dark side reigns. Everyone is at each other's throats.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree Nala Se is probably going to be terminated within a few episodes. I don't see how Lama Su won't make that connection unless Bane never contacts him and just goes in pursuit of the Bad Batch. Her role and motives are fascinating.

I Don't disagree with your opinion above, just want to draw discussion from your review.

I had the same reaction to this wondering how the hell Boba's assassination attempt on Windu which crashed a Venator has vanished from the record. Worse, Boba was arrested after that. Maybe Boba has tampered with that file or maybe it's because Tech is looking at Kaminoan files on Alpha which just end as he disappeared at the start of the war. Tech just never pulled up the Republic's own file on Boba.

This doesn't make much sense to me either. All I can come up with is maybe valuable isn't the same thing as vital to continuing the process after Omega is returned. Like they could create another perfect replica of her with gen one DNA. Maybe there is still something about her Lama Su wants to be hidden from the Empire. The Empire's intentions are pretty clear after the last episode. Unfortunately, Lama Su may end up being too dumb to live.

Just like when the Ordo Moon Dragon attacked and knocked his oxygen mask off. Omega may have realized Hunter was alive. She talked about her friend shooting TODO's leg off while protecting her like he was alive. When she does make contact with Hunter, Omega sounds on the verge of crying hearing his voice but there is so much going on. The voice acting between both Michelle Ang and Dee Bradley Baker is perfect when they make contact over comms. Both Omega and Hunter sound overwhelmed with a mix of emotions. Hunter's voice even shakes with frustration and momentary rage he can't be there. Tech even sounds harsher, rushed, panicked. The delivery of Tech calling for Omega when she stops responding.

Later in the episode when reunited Omega tried to hug Hunter but can't because these dummies didn't bother to remove the binders yet. I think seeing him okay but injured played into that rush of emotions coming out when Omega started to cry. It's a touching moment. Even Echo seemed to be brought to his knees hearing her sob. But I was repeatedly yelling at my screen for Hunter to just hug her. Thank the Mortis Gods for Wrecker.

TadoFett and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  6. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Cad Bane NEEDS to be showcased in live action. I've been begging to see him in live action since seeing Maul at the end of Solo...my mind was buzzing with possibilities!

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I remedier a casting calling for blonde actress on reddit leaks, so I think it is likley we Will see her, in book of boba. They did something similar with Hera during rebels run.

8. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    A decent episode

Pros
    + Bounty Hunter vs Bounty Hunter action
    + Taun We spoke and had a role in the story
    + Interesting reveal that it was Nala Se who hired Fennec
    + Nice callback to Hostage Crisis with Cad Bane using a thermal detonator again.
    + New Kaminoan planet was awesome

Cons
    - Cad Bane failed his mission again (wish we could see him get more victories Hostage Crisis style)
    - Taun We being killed off screen was a letdown

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I give this episode a 9, i think it was one of the best this season has had soo far. I love the mystery sorrounding the kaminoans and what they done before the age of the clone army creations. Sad to see Taun we die off screen. I like the tension between Lama Su and Nala se, i thin a civil war might be coming soon. I don't see a bright future for Nala Se, Lama Su will use everything he can do to make business with the empire.

I love that they made Omega Boba's sister, and could have huge stories moving forward past bad batch. But could there also be more to her. I love the locations of other kamino worlds, looked knda like bespin. Cad Bane was quite scary thins episode with all the smoke chasing Omega. The fight scenes with Bane and Fennes was one of the best these shows have shown this far. The creepy clones in tubes with different aiens reminds me of whats happenning on madnalorian and in TROS with Exegol. Hope we see Boba Fett soon and meet his long lost sister.

Zoe Con and TadoFett like this.
  10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think Omega will be in the book of Boba. while i think jumping back and forth in the timeline seems to be fine. i think if they plan on multiple series of the bad batch then you don't really wanna show what becomes of Omega this soon. and when i say soon, i mean this December.

Although it would be interesting to wonder who they could cast as a genetic female clone of Temuera Morrison. i imagine it wouldn't be as simple as looking for a blonde women.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I mean for not book of boba too sound too boring, having Boba's sister appear seems like a good twist for the series, and no one really think she's in any danger of dying in this show. They did something similar with Hera when 4 season was in the air, also with Rogue one with Hera.

TadoFett likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This was the first episode that didn't totally grab me. It had some good bits, but overall it felt a little weak. Probably though the best part was the Cloud City-like cloning facilities and the ominous presence they provided for the confrontations. And of course bounty hunter duels are always fun.[face_cowboy]

13. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    So if Alpha took the name Boba, does that mean Omega's gonna take a new name at some point?

I swear to god if it's Skywalker...

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    nah it will be Jaina Fett

Sarge and TadoFett like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I highly doubt she takes a new name

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think she will either by end of season 1 or end of the series.

TadoFett likes this.
  17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    She never knew Jango so has no real reason to take the name Fett.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Correct I don’t think she will

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it depends on how her relationship with Boba will go once they meet.

TadoFett likes this.
  20. Gavin_Skywalker

Gavin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 10, 2021
    There is absolutely no lead to the ST in this episode. Thank goodness Omega is not a palpatine and it’s revealed that she is boba’s sister.

The Chalk Jedi and Count Yubnub like this.
  21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I think i could sorta predict what kind of relationship they would have tbh. Boba is a more angry kid/teenager, Alpha is far more innocent and naive. if Boba was to accept Omega as his Sister. it would probably be him trying to turn her guide her more into his bad crowd of bounty hunters. she would probably choose to stay with the batch and be one of them. in which case. i could see her keeping the name Omega.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I can see boba fett as foil to the bad batch with omega's future in the bad batch like maul was with Ezra against Kanan. Like sure she chooses her fond family, but what about her Brother the one she is most like. Im sure they Will have a relationship, etter bad or good. And what when the bad batch members are dead, does she go on her own or be with her brorher. I think Omega Will go the bounty hunter like but not right now, the batch Will have trained her.

The Chalk Jedi and TadoFett like this.
  23. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I doubt she will take on a new name either, but they could dub her Ambu Fett, to revive that old name that was rumored for AOTC, lol!

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wonder if these clones, particularly Echo will even make the inference "Omega" is no different from a number like CT-1409. I think this would work best if they make the change. It's a shame other than kid no one has a pet name or Nickname for Omega.

It helped Omega this episode forced her to get most of the focus and thus character development. I wish the rest of CF99 would get there own focus episodes.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    The Chalk Jedi and Seldes_Katne like this.
  25. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019

Yes, I think if anyone inspires Omega to form her own identity, it will be Boba. I'm sure his attitude about accepting the name of a test subject would be negative.

As for Book of Boba Fett, I think it would be fun to learn that Omega saves Boba from the sarlacc pit. It's probably more likely that he saves himself somehow or, as implied by Mando 2, the sarlacc was killed by a krayt dragon. Still, what an entrance into live action that would be for Omega.