main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.11 - Devil's Deal - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 8, 2021.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jul 16, 2021.
  1. 10

29.4%
  2. 9

27.9%
  3. 8

25.0%
  4. 7

8.8%
  5. 6

4.4%
  6. 5

2.9%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.5%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.11!!
    Devil's Deal

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The Bad Batch episodes air on Friday on Disney+ at 12am PST/PDT. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Sounds like a wireless commercial.

Sproj likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

So something, big is coming in this episode, will it be Maul big?

5. Commander DuctTape

Commander DuctTape Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 4, 2021
    Once again a cryptic episode title that makes me speculate on so many things... and all of which will end up being wrong, cause this series just loves to flip the table on my theories.

And I love it! Looking forward to it... and I wonder who's gonna be making deals with who? The bad batch? The kaminoians? Crosshair? Cad Bane??? So many possibilities!

DarthKreVass likes this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I think it'll be a Devaronian called Vilmarh Grahrk.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I hate these kinds of tweets. Yeah, they got me with Rex but it didn't work with Rampage. The overhype hurt that one when I watched it.

8. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    While unlikely I'd love it if the "devil" turned out to be a Separatist villain such as Mar Tuuk, Lok Durd or Whorm Loathsom.

There are many possibilities but I hope it isn't Darth Maul as that would be too obvious.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I can imagine we'll get an episode that is going to look "ugly" at this point. So beautiful to me means something emotional is supposed to happen and/ or a sacrifice will be made. Maul is the obvious devil but not feeling any emotion in that other than excitement Maul is on screen. These guys aren't ready for him. It's more likely a separatist wanting their own kid rescued, something Hunter will personally relate to. Happy to be surprised.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I could see the devil being the Kaminoans for some reason.

11. JarJarsTongue

JarJarsTongue Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 25, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    could this be the real devil?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  12. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    A deal with Shand to take Omega to Alpha?

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Jango related maybe ?

14. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Wow! Some of the scenes in this episode were absolutely beautiful and barely looked animated

Hera and Chopper!!!!:D So happy to see them both

I thought it was a really cool episode. A nice breakaway from The BB while we take a closer look at what the empire is up to and what that means for the citizens of Ryloth. I enjoy that we have people questioning whether peace under the empire = freedom and total peace right from the outset

Something is definitely going to happen with Houser. He’s been looking very conflicted throughout the episode

Despite a very short cameo, I thought it was nice to see Omega bonding with someone closer to her age. Tech’s joke about flying being a feeling made me chuckle

15. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    This week's cameos: Hunter, Wrecker, Echo, Tech and company on an unaired episode of Rebels. (They already got the posters though.)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, that was a totally unexpected and amazing episode!

17. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    So, uh, has Lords of the Sith been added to the Ahsoka book and Kanan comic list?

18. TheMechanical0ne

TheMechanical0ne Jedi Master star 1

Aug 24, 2014
    Rampart has them arrested for an attempted assassination, and you can see Orn Free Taa's hand moving while on the stretcher. The episode could have communicated it clearer, and I do get the hesitance given the prior Kanan/Muchi debacle, but it'd be best to wait for potential clarification.

19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Beautiful fanservice episode. Totally unexpected.
    I really like the way the show goes in closing the gap between Clone Wars and Rebels.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    What a neat tie-in to both Rebels and the Ryloth arc in season one of TCW. The episode starts with a flyover shot of what looks like the same bridge Mace Windu made a big show of getting across to free Ryloth from the Separatists. That's a pretty neat follow-up to the last episode which was about rescuing a Separatist.

Last time here, the people of Ryloth were skin and bones being used as living shields. So it's not hard to see why Cham Syndulla would shrug his shoulders and say this is fine. The GAR did help his people. We saw a very personal account of two clone troopers who went out of their way to rescue a lost little girl. Things do look deceptively better under the Empire. But the very next thing we see is Crosshair surveying the crowd like the shadow of death. A dude who would have no problem burning them all. Needless to say, things are not as they seem.

But in the background of every episode of The Bad Batch or in quick little moments on Kamino, Saleucami, Pantora, and Corellia, The changes brought by the empire have been visible. It's funny how not only are we getting Rebels characters. They are the window to a The Clone Wars' style porthole, it feels like we're getting ready to explore an event that was hinted at by Thrawn in that show to delve very personally into the hellishness of living under the empire on a larger scale.

At first, I wasn't sure how much I liked Hera at point A. All wishy-washy, head in the clouds dreaming of flying, too innocent to realize what she has been drawn into. That's actually a neat foil for Omega who has never really had the luxury of being a daydreamer and has grown enough to find her naivety strange. Uncle Tech sure isn't going to encourage that sort of nonsense. I bet by the end of this arc Hera takes control of the Marauder and is a natural. I'll be all the gladder to root for CF99 to come in and kick Rampart's ass. BTW, Crosshair needs to be barred from removing his helmet. That wound on the side of his head is really sick-looking. However, I think this is a multipart arc and it's going to go badly.

I wonder what's up with Aqua Trooper, he doesn't seem like the other Regs. Orn Free Taa was definitely shot in the head. But this does feel like some scheme to remove both him and Cham so the Empire can fully take over.

The biggest casualty of the episode is knowing the Bad Batch is apparently still working for Cid. I want them to move on. But it'll be interesting to see what happens when someone contacts Cid for help. Hunter's conscience was trying to work. It's possible another faction will come completely out of the left-field to help.

21. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    What's with the new clone commander? Did he remove his chip? Too much personality and compassion. But he is cool.
    Interesting, finally an episode that focused on something other than the bad batch, and they were reduced to a cameo. Good.
    I hope we will get a Mandalore episode like this, at this point this is what I am anticipating the most, by far.

Alarinne, Sproj and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  22. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    He seems to be part of the clone garrison that came in to protect Ryloth, so while he's chipped, he wasn't serving under a Jedi general and wouldn't have received Order 66

23. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    This episode also solidifies my feeling that we're already watching Season 2, or more precisely, what the writers thought of as "Season 2" when plotting out the show originally. Episode 9 played like a low key season opener and 10 & 11 shows the format pivoting from "establish the new cast" to "flesh out the bigger lore." A pattern that's already been seen in Rebels and The Mandalorian.

24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    He would have received Order 66, I think all clones were getting the message, even if they were not around Jedi.

But like Crosshairs in the 1st episode, perhaps the chip can be activated in other clones, but not remove their personality completely.

He can have remnants of his clone wars self, while believing the lies that the Jedi are traitors to the Republic.

I'm sure if a Jedi had showed up in this episode, he would have tired to execute him, showing no compassion.

Watcherwithin and Alarinne like this.
  25. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    This episode would’ve been better without the conservative propaganda

But apart from that, very good episode. Great to see young Hera!

cwustudent likes this.