main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.15 - Return to Kamino - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 5, 2021.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Aug 13, 2021.
  1. 10

40.0%
  2. 9

28.3%
  3. 8

21.7%
  4. 7

6.7%
  5. 6

1.7%
  6. 5

1.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Crosshair was the most one-note **** in The Bad Batch arc in TCW. That was literally his personality. Debating if his inhibitor chip is still in there behind his actions or if Crosshair really is who he says he is, is a testament to how nuanced he's become. Crosshair is a Blood Knight troll with a superiority complex who likes pushing people's buttons and showing off how much better he is than the Regs.

I don't think Crosshair started off as The Sociopath just wanting to kill for the hell of it or round innocent people up. He didn't have a problem with not using deadly force against the Poletecs. At some point, he's met The Deserter and his family without any problems. Crosshair still has humanity toward his brothers and he could have had Omega killed though he may not have cared where the shuttle took her. His chip really did activate to some extent in the first episode when he tries to execute Caleb. "Good soldiers follow orders". There came a point where Crosshair was free enough to choose the Empire. Becoming Ramphart's dragon let him feel superior and in charge. He rubbed it in Hunter's face. He was so cool in "Reunion" because his traits were shining through instead of seeming mind-controlled by a chip.

The cost of his humanity with what he's done and losing brothers he spent his entire life with has deranged Crosshair into who he really is. A sociopathic blood knight basket case. If the inhibitor chip is in there it's low functioning and removing won't fix the level eight derangement he has. If it's not, Order 66 and the Empire still changed Crosshair into who he is now.

Food for thought. That shuttle blows up the folks who bought the $99 lego set might get mad. Rex saving them is what I want. I agree Rex is capable of detecting Hunter's beacon on his own and mounting a rescue. Let's be fair to AZ, he carried Fives before. It would be smarter for Tech to ride him out there. Flying in those Kaminoan storms over choppy seas will need an ace pilot.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    DannyD likes this.
  2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    I mean, they blew up a certain something in Mando Season 2 (what is the age limit on spoilers? The policy thread is vague) and they're still doing merch of it.

I don't think that matters. People still buy models of the Executor and Death Stars. If it looks cool they'll buy it no matter what.

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Did Mando's ship get a lego set in season one or season two? I guess it is better for the toy business to blow it up so a new ship can be sold as a toy next year.

4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    The Hasbro Vintage Collection model hasn't even released yet, the site is still saying sometime this year. The Lego one came out last August (I got it that Christmas [face_laugh])

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You good. Spoilers at least in the TV section have a week at most. And sometimes no time depending on the thread and if it’s marked for spoilers

Tuskin38 likes this.
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Just in time to get blown up. Brilliant... RIP Havoc Marauder.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Is the ship blown up? I thought it was far enough away

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Forget the ship... if it blows up the real tragedy is Gonky.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We already thought we lost him in the last episode. I would hate to lose him a second time

TCF-1138 , calcmandan and Seerow like this.
  10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Right. Rex was compelled to kill Ahsoka. He could only resist a few moments. The chip makes a clone stop at noting to kill Jedi.

I wonder what other commands were in that chip. Or was it really just a kill all Jedi switch.

Did the Clone Army fully serve its purpose with the over throw is the Jedi and establishment of the Empire? Was this the plan all along? Once the war is over boot the Clones in favor of a less capable but larger army?

Now we know the Emperor had Exegol on his back pocket all along. The Empire itself was another Sith trick.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Jedi are what turn the chip to eleven and break the dial. Wrecker's chip activated while a conversation was going on about helping a Jedi Padawan escape. He immediately focused all effort on trying to strangle the life out of the traitors. There isn't really a moment he appears to resist though he told Omega he did. "Good soldiers follow orders." Both Rex and Wrecker provide a first-hand account of what it's like. Being fully conscious of what happening but unable to control it. Maybe leans things back toward Crosshair's chip was removed since he was confronting known traitors who let a Jedi go. Or, maybe so long a Hunter didn't remind him of that Crosshair was fine.

12. calcmandan

calcmandan Jedi Master

Nov 28, 2012
    Compelling analysis that.

Sent from my SM-T307U using Tapatalk

13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    9/10

Great start to the season finale.

Still not a fan of the Empire moving away from clones so quickly, but what can you do. They obviously want their stormtroopers in the show, so BB can start killing them left and right, while making silly jokes that stopped being funny two decades ago how they can't hit anything.

And I wish they would explain the politics and situation on Kamino at least a bit more. Did the Empire destroy only the Tipoca city or the whole civilization? Was the Kaminoan civilization only that one city? Is the Kaminoan PM dead and what does the rest of the planet think about it? Does the Imperial Senate knows? Kamino does have a Senator in the Senate. What are they doing about it? This is only the beginning of the Empire, the Senate still had lots of influence at this point...

Why can't they put more politics in my SW? :( Feel like since Disney bought Lucasfilm, they're desperately trying to stay away from any serious political discussion in SW as much as they can. Guess its the PT syndrome...

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It's possible we'll get a rescue attempt in season 2 or later there will be a rescue attempt on Nala Se. The Bad Batch needs a tip-off on where she is and that she is even alive. Omega will want to help her. I think she was worried about her here. When Omega starts sobbing on the way to her secret lab it seems to be because she is thinking of Nala Se. I don't think that was the reaction of a kid who was tortured or fearful of going there like ending up in a tube. Besides the rest of the squad was there to protect her. Sweet when Echo was the one who realized something was wrong. I really liked how without Hunter, Echo and Wrecker switched places in relation to Omega. Wrecker became more fatherly and authoritative. Echo the more sensitive emotionally intelligent big brother.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Seeing as how other material has stated that Kamino had other cities I am just going to assume that’s true and that Tapico was just where all the cloning took place. The empire will probably wave it all away as some sort of “mining accident”

Sproj likes this.
  16. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Also, I love how cold and calculated the empire leadership were in those early years. Rampart carries on the Tarkin tradition of being so calm and therefore frightening through understatement. The way he so smoothly says 'open fire' and then seems to get some kind of sadistic joy from the destruction, this helps makes a good, threatening bad guy. He does sound far too much like Kallus though.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He probably liked the fact that he ordered the clones to destroy their own home

Sproj likes this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    These declassified posts are a joke compared to what we got for TCW season 7 but https://www.starwars.com/news/bad-batch-declassified-return-to-kamino. This only says the cloning facilities and specifically Tipoca City were destroyed. Could be the only city on Kamino. There could be more that haven't been blown up. Could be most Kaminoans don't live there and it was just an outpost like Bora Vio the entire time. Declassified underlines the Kaminoans have a lot of mystique. This show may not be done with Kaminoans yet. But then again the person who wrote this is calling Hunter the heart of the group. To me that's Omega and Echo's role. The episode guide also makes a point of implying there is more to Nala Se than she lets on. We're far from done seeing her.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    This was next level Star Wars animation.